royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1079

帖子 royl » 周二 6月 28, 2022 7:17 pm

二十笔实用成语 1079

01. the bigger/faster/etc. the better
定义: 越...越好.
例句: In this day and age of identity theft and cyber attacks, the more complicated your passwords, the better. (在这个盗用身份和网络攻击的时代, 你的密码越复杂越好)

02. the bigger they are/come, the harder they fall
定义: [谚语]个子越大摔的越惨; 捧得越高, 摔得越疼; 身份越高的人, 当失败时损失或痛苦越大.
例句: That bully thinks he's untouchable, but the bigger they are, the harder they fall. (那个恶霸以为人家不敢惹他, 可是他的个头越大, 被人揍了越丢人)

03. the bird has flown
定义: 某人已经离开, 跑掉或逃离了. (注: bird在此意指某人)
例句: I'm afraid you're not going to find Tom here. The bird has flown. (我恐怕你在这里找不到汤姆. 他已经开溜了)

04. the biter is/gets bit
定义: [俗语]过去伤害别人者遭到报应.
例句: Sympathy seldom abounds when the biter gets bit. (当恶人遭到报应的时候, 很少人会同情他/她)

05. the blind
定义: 泛指所有的盲人. (注: 当the置于形容词blind之前作为名词短语是文法正确的, 乃是泛指所有的盲人, 例如the deaf是所有的聋人)
例句: Guide dogs are assistance dogs trained to lead the blind around obstacles. (导盲犬是受过训练的协助犬, 专门引导盲人绕过障碍物)
图片
导盲犬

06. The bottom drops/falls out of the market.
[成语句型]某物价或股价跌到谷底; 可以买进的时机.

07. the buck stops here
定义: [美国杜鲁门总统]最终责任由我担负. (注: 意指不推诿责任)
例句: This can't go on any longer, so the buck stops here. I'm going to stop it. (这个情况不能再这样继续下去了, 因此这个责任必须由我来承担. 我要终结它)

08. The burden of proof is on you.
定义: 提出证据或证明的责任在你.
例句: Are you sure you mailed the tax return on time? You know, the burden of proof is on you. (你确定你按时寄出了报税表吗? 你要知道, 提供证据的责任在你)

09. The bus is running late.
[成语句型]这班公车迟到.

10. The business is slow.
[成语句型]生意清淡.

11. The camera cannot lie.
定义: 照相机不会骗人. (注: 意指照片可以作可靠的证据)
例句: The camera cannot lie, but the camera cannot tell the truth; the camera can only record. (相机不会骗人, 但相机也不能说出真相; 相机只能记录)

12. the case, be
定义: 符合事实的, 是如此的.
例句: You'll probably notice her having difficulty swallowing. If this is the case, give her plenty of water. (你可能会注意到她吞咽困难. 如果是这样的话, 给她大量的水喝)

13. The cause of the fire is still undetermined.
[成语句型]导致火灾的原因尚未确定.

14. the chances are good
定义: 机会不错, 胜算大.
例句: If you give me his name, the chances are good that we'll be able to put him away for life. (如果你把他的名字告诉我, 我们很有机会能够让他坐一辈子牢)

15. the check is in the mail
定义: 支票已经寄出去; 另, 拖欠款人常说的谎话以拖延时间.
例句: "Mrs. Smith, your mortgage payment is now two months overdue." "The check's in the mail, I promise you!" ("史密斯太太, 妳的房贷付款已经拖欠了两个月了." "支票已经寄出去了, 我向你保证!")

16. The club had a good reputation before it even got off the ground.
[成语句型]这个俱乐部在它的生意还没起步之前就声名大噪.

17. The computer is down.
[成语句型]电脑当机了. (注: 意指电脑失灵, 不能操作)

18. the countdown has begun
定义: 倒数计时已开始.
例句: The countdown has begun! Only four days until the grand opening of our new store. (倒数计时开始了! 距离我们的新店隆重开幕只剩下四天了)

19. the course of true love never did run smooth
定义: [莎翁名言]真爱的道路是崎岖不平的.
例句: "What am I going to do? My boyfriend will be transferred to Texas, and I have to stay here." "The course of true love never did run smooth." ("我该怎么办? 我男朋友将被调到德州, 而我必须留在这儿." "真爱的道路是崎岖不平的.")

20. the darkest hour is just before the dawn
定义: [谚语]破晓之前总是最黑暗的; 转机来到之前情况是最恶劣的.
例句: "I feel like giving up. I don't have a job, my boyfriend left me, and they're raising the rent for my apartment." "Don't! It's always darkest just before the dawn." ("我觉得人生无趣, 索然无味. 我没工作, 我男朋友离弃了我, 他们又涨了我的房租." "快别这么想! 黎明之前总是最黑暗的.")

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 62 访客