royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1080

帖子 royl » 周五 7月 01, 2022 6:13 am

二十笔实用成语 1080

01. the day before yesterday
定义: 前天.
例句: The day before yesterday was my birthday. My friends and I hosted a potluck on Sunday. The long weekend ended with a pleasant dinner at the River Walk. (前天是我的生日. 周日我和朋友们举办了一场每人各带一道食物的聚餐. 长周末以在河滨步道享用了一顿丰美的晚餐结束)
图片
德州圣安东尼奥市的河滨步道

02. The death toll has risen to twenty.
[成语句型]死亡人数升至二十人.

03. the devil you say!
定义: [不雅惊叹语]表示惊讶与不信之意. 别开玩笑! 你说的是真的!?
例句: "We are sending you to London to take over the business there." "The devil you say! But I have no inclination to move to London!" ("我们派你去伦敦接管那里的业务." "你别开玩笑! 我不想搬到伦敦!")

04. The door is made of plywood.
[成语句型]这扇门是合板所做的. (注: made of 是用在不产生化学变化的组件或零件所组成的的产品)

05. the early bird catches the worm
定义: [谚语]早起的鸟有虫吃. (注: 意指早点开始工作, 成功的机会高)
例句: We need to get to the store early if we want to have the best selection. The early bird catches the worm, you know. (如果我们想要买到最理想的东西, 我们需要早点到达商场. 早起的鸟儿有虫吃, 你知道的)

06. the end of one, be
定义: 成为某人的衰落, 败亡; 给某人带来不愉快的结局.
例句: I hate this class. I swear it will be the end of me! (我好讨厌这门课. 我相信我会毁在这门课上!)

07. the exact opposite
定义: (加强语气)完全相反.
例句: He used to be romantic, but now he's the exact opposite. (他以前情意绵绵, 但现在却是冷冰冰)

08. the exact same ...; the same exact ...
定义: (加强语气)完全一样的...
例句: They showed up at the party in the same exact outfits. (他们穿着完全相同的服装出现在派对上)

09. the fact remains
定义: 事实上依旧是.
例句: He may not have meant it, but the fact remains that he did say these hurtful words. (他也许不是故意的, 但事实上他确实仍旧说了这些伤人的话)

10. the fact of matter is ...
定义: 事实上...
例句: She thinks she knows what she's talking about, but the fact of the matter is, she's wrong. (她以为她自己很懂行, 但事实上, 她是错的)

11. the fact that ...
定义: ...的事实.
例句: He has to accept the fact that his acting career is over. (他不得不接受他演艺生涯已经结束的事实)

12. the facts do not matter
定义: 这些事实不重要.
例句: The facts do not matter. Politicians like them play to our worst impulses as people believe what they want to believe even if it's a lie. (真相并不重要. 像他们这样的政客能够巧妙地利用我们最脆弱的冲动, 因为人们相信他们想要相信的话, 即使是谎话也无所谓)

13. The fans are getting their money's worth.
[成语句型]影迷或歌迷的钱没白花. (注: 意指因为看到了精彩的表演所以值回票价)

14. the feeling is mutual
定义: 彼此彼此. (注: 多用在两人对另一方的看法完全一致: 你喜欢我, 我也喜欢你; 你讨厌我, 我也讨厌你)
例句: "You're a lying, no-good, low-down son of a gun!" "Yeah, well, the feeling is mutual!" ("你是个满嘴瞎话, 无良的卑鄙家伙!" "彼此彼此, 你也不是什么好东西!")

15. the first and only, be
定义: 第一个也是唯一的, 最重要的也是唯一的.
例句: The advent of photography heralded the first and only way to fully replicate something a person saw with no error, no exaggeration to the story and no tampering. (摄影的出现迎来了第一个也是唯一的方法可以完全复制一个人所看到的画面, 没有错误, 没有夸大, 也没有篡改)

16. the first time in history
定义: 史上第一次. (请注意: 这句话没有主词及动词, 也就是It is, 但其实It is已被省略, 所以是符合文法的)
例句: For the first time in history, we have 70 million men and women at work. (史上第一次, 我们有七千万的男性和女性就业)

17. the fix is in
定义: 某事受到了非法或不正当手段的操纵或影响; 阴谋诡计得逞.
例句: I know that those guys want to throw me in jail for as long as they can, so I'm worried that the fix is in already. (我晓得那些家伙会尽其所能地把我长时间关在监狱里, 所以我担心他们的阴谋诡计已经得逞了)

18. The flood is increasing rather than abating.
[成语句型]洪水其实在增涨而不是衰退.

19. The freaks can get away with just about anything.
[成语句型]这些怪胎们几乎可以逃过所有的惩罚.

20. The free ride may be coming to an end.
[成语句型]这个不劳而获的特殊待遇将告结束.

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 65 访客