royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1083

帖子 royl » 周五 7月 08, 2022 5:02 pm

二十笔实用成语 1083

01. the pits
定义: 糟透了.
例句: This rainy weather is the absolute pits. (这个阴雨天气真是叫人烦透了)

02. the place to be, be
定义: 热门地点, 不可错过的地点. (注: 因为某地点经常有精彩活动, 吸引许多人来)
例句: My deck is the place to be if you want gorgeous sunset views of the lake. (如果你想欣赏壮丽的日落湖景, 我的阳台就是一个热门地点)
图片
可观赏湖边风景的阳台

03. The plan was scrapped at the eleventh hour due to poor attendance.
[成语句型]因为与会者寥寥无几, 这计划在最后一刻被撤销. (注: 请注意本句有四个重点, 1. 计划被scrapped撤销, 2. at the eleventh hour在最后一刻, 3. due to因为, 4. poor attendance出席率低落)

04. the pleasure is mine
定义: [礼貌语]幸会, 我很荣幸; 我很乐意. (注: 1. 当与新认识者道别时, 他会说高兴认识你, 你可以回答幸会或我很荣幸认识你; 2. 当别人感谢你的帮助, 你可以回答我很乐意为你服务)
例句: "It is nice to have met you." "The pleasure is all mine." ("很高兴认识你." "这是我的荣幸.")

05. the point is ...
定义: 重点是...; 关键是...
例句: The point is that on weekends and late at night there should always be someone on duty to deal with emergencies. (关键是, 在周末和深夜应该总要派人值班来处理突发事件)

06. the pot is calling the kettle black
定义: [俗语]乌鸦笑猪黑, 五十步笑百步.
例句: Bill called me a sloppy mess, but he never cleans up after himself, either. That's the pot calling the kettle black. (比尔说我屋子乱得一团糟, 但他自己也从来不收拾他的屋子. 那不是乌鸦笑猪黑嘛)
图片
老鸦莫笑猪黑

07. the prodigal son returns; the return of a prodigal son
定义: 浪子回头.
例句: Well, looky here, the prodigal son has returned! Guess you didn't like that fancy new company that poached you last year. (哎呀, 看看谁来了, 浪子回头啦! 我猜你不喜欢待在去年偷偷把你挖走的那家豪华高档的新公司吧)

08. the proof of the pudding (is in the eating)
定义: [俗语]品质好不好, 尝试才知道.
例句: "I think we've done a good job of fixing the car." "Well, the proof is in the pudding. We haven't done a long-distance test on it yet." ("我觉得我们把这部车修理得
很成功." "嗯, 成不成功还要开过之后才知道. 我们还没有对它进行长距离测试.")

09. The puzzles start fitting together.
[成语句型]这个迷一样的局势逐渐地趋于明朗化.

10. the rats are abandoning ship
定义: [俗语]树倒猢狲散.
例句: The rats are abandoning ship as the company goes down in flames. (当这家公司亏损殆尽, 准备倒闭之时, 员工们便一一离弃而去)

11. the real deal
定义: 真人, 真事, 真物; 真实的, 不是欺骗造假的.
例句: I believed the friendship between us was the real deal. (我相信我们之间的友谊是真诚无伪的)

12. the reason being that ...
定义: [方言]因为..., 理由是...
例句: The beaches are empty these days, the reason being that people are increasingly worried about high levels of UV radiation. (这些天海滩空无一人, 原因是人们越来越担心高强度的紫外线辐射所带来的伤害)

13. The responsibility lies squarely with us.
[成语句型]这个责任完全应由我们承担.

14. the rest
定义: 其余的, 剩下的.
例句: I ordered mine two days ago. I received one item so far, and the rest are arriving tomorrow. (我两天前订购了我的货品. 到目前为止我收到了一件, 其余的将会在明天送达)

15. The result is likely to be far worse than someone will ever let on.
[成语句型]这个结果很有可能比某人愿意承认的还要更严重.

16. the road to hell is paved with good intentions
定义: [谚语]灾难性结果经常是由未经思考的善意所造成.
例句: "I'm sorry, I was only trying to explain where Tom was coming from! I didn't mean to make matters worse." "Yeah, well, the road to hell is paved with good intentions." ("抱歉, 我只是想跟你解说汤姆为什么会持这个观点! 我不是有意要把事情越搞越糟." "唉, 好吧, 灾难性结果经常是由未经思考的善意所造成的.")

17. the road to success is always under construction
定义: [谚语]往成功之路永远是充满荆棘. (注: 意指充满阻碍要不停地排除它们; under construction就是施工中之意)
例句: The road to success is always under construction. In a fast-moving world where the situations for businesses are changing all the time, agility is a success factor. (通往成功之路永远是充满荆棘. 在瞬息万变的世界里, 企业所面临的情况一直在改变, 灵活敏捷乃是成功的要素)

18. the roof caves/falls in
定义: 厄运突然降临; 屋顶坍塌.
例句: I was living paycheck to paycheck and getting by OK, but then the roof caved in. I lost my job, and then my car and my house. (以前我靠着薪水过日子, 还能够过得去, 但是后来厄运突然降临. 我失业了, 然后又失去我的车子和房子)

19. the room is so small you have to go outside turn around
定义: 房间很小, 没有转身的空间.
例句: It's not a large apartment. The bathroom is so small I have to go outside to turn around. (这不是一间大公寓. 它的浴室小到我都没有转身的空间)
图片
空间狭小的浴室

20. the same
定义: 就是同一人, 事或物. (注: 有人问你做甲事与做乙事是否同一人, 如果是同一人你可说The same)
例句: "Are Mary's husband and Jane's son one and the same?" "Yes, the same." ("玛丽的丈夫和简的儿子是同一个人吗?" "是, 同一个人.")

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 63 访客