royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1084

帖子 royl » 周二 7月 12, 2022 12:37 am

二十笔实用成语 1084

01. the same can be said of/for ...
定义: 也可以说…也是如此.
例句: She is pretty, the same can be said for her sister. (她很漂亮, 她姐姐也很漂亮)

02. the same goes for someone
定义: 对某人也是一样的. (注: 常用于命令式语气, 告诉某人也要遵照, 遵循)
例句: You are not to access the company database without written authorization. The same goes for the rest of the office. Everybody understand? (未经书面授权, 你不得使用公司数据库. 办公室其他人也是如此. 大家明白吗?)

03. the same, please
定义: [餐厅用语]同样的. (注: 意指点与同桌令一人同样的酒品, 饮料或食物)
例句: "I'll have a seafood paella with a side order of tomatoes stuffed with feta and spicy chorizo." "The same, please." ("我要一份西班牙海鲜饭, 配上一份酿满羊乳酪和辣香肠的西红柿." "请给我一份同样的.")
图片
西班牙海鲜饭

04. the sands of time are running out
定义: [俗语]所剩时间不多了.
例句: I know that picking a college is a big decision, but the sands are running out. (我知道选择一所大学是一个重大决定, 但所剩时间不多了)

05. the scales fall from someone's eyes
定义: [文学语]某人突然能看清真相.
例句: I used to be so in love with Andrew, but now that we've broken up. I've had scales fall from my eyes, and I can see how oafish he truly is! (我过去曾经深爱着安德鲁, 但现在我们已经分手了. 我突然看清了真相, 我可以看到他是多么地笨拙又没教养!)

06. the secret is out
定义: 这个秘密已经曝光. (注: 意指再也无法遮掩下去)
例句: It's been a family secret for decades, but now the secret is out. A seventy-five-year-old woman thought to have died in the 1940s actually lived until 2002. (几十年来它一直是个家族秘密, 但现在这个秘密已经曝光了. 一名被认为死于1940年代的七十五岁妇人实际上活到了2002年)

07. the show is over
定义: 一切结束了. (注: 意指表演, 工作, 比赛或骗局已经结束了)
例句: The show is over, your fraud has been exposed. Now is the time to confess, repent, and change your evil ways. (一切结束了, 你的骗局已经被人揭穿了. 现在该是你坦白承认, 忏悔, 和改邪归正的时候了)

08. the show must go on
定义: [俗语]工作还是要继续下去. (注: 意指不管情况如何艰难, 还是要继续下去)
例句: "Oh no! The birthday cake is ruined!" "The show must go on. Stick a candle in that doughnut." ("糟糕! 生日蛋糕烤坏了!" "庆生派对还是要开下去呀. 把蜡烛插进那个甜甜圈里.")
图片
没生日蛋糕没关系, 可以用甜甜圈来代替

09. the sky is falling
定义: [俗语]杞人忧天. (注: 意指讥讽高喊天要塌下来的人)
例句: Some economists will try to convince you that the sky is falling, when in reality this downturn is just a normal market adjustment. (有些经济学家会试图让你感觉天要塌下来了, 而实际上这种景气低迷只是正常的市场调整)

10. the sooner the better
定义: 越快越好. (注: 你也可以套公式般地造出别的类似短语, 例如: 越大越好, the bigger the better; 越快越好, the faster the better)
例句: "When do you need this report?" "The sooner the better." ("你什么时候需要这份报告?" "越快越好.")

11. the squeaky wheel gets the grease
定义: [俗语]抱怨最响的得到注意, 爱哭的孩子有糖吃.
例句: Joan writes letters of complaint to businesses when she has an issue with their service, and most times, she's rewarded with discount. I guess it's the squeaky wheel gets the grease. (琼每次遇到服务不周的时候就会给商家写投诉信, 大多数时候, 她都会得到对方的折扣回报. 爱哭的小孩有糖吃, 此语诚然所言不虚)

12. the still of the night, in
定义: 夜深人静的夜里.
例句: I love sitting out on the back porch in the still of the night, gazing up at the eternity of stars above. (我喜爱在夜深人静的时候坐在后廊, 凝视着夜空上亘古不变的繁星)
图片
后廊

13. the sun is over the yardarm
定义: [俗语]现在可以喝酒了. (注: 在船上工作者中午之前不能喝酒, 但到了下午夕阳西下时, The sun is over the yardarm, 就准许喝酒)
例句: Are you really having a beer? I don't think the sun is quite over the yardarm yet. (你真的在喝啤酒吗? 我不认为现在是可以喝酒的时候)

14. the thing is ...
定义: 问题是..., 重点是..., 事情是这样的.
例句: I'm sorry I didn't call you. The thing is, I've been really busy lately. (抱歉, 我没打电话给你. 问题是, 我最近真的很忙)

15. the thought did cross my mind
定义: 有想过这件事; 也有过这个想法.
例句: The thought did cross my mind while I was shopping this afternoon, but then I forgot all about it. (今天下午逛街的时候我曾想到这件事情, 但后来我全忘了)

16. The time now is five past eleven.
[成语句型]现在时间是十一点五分.

17. the trouble is ...
定义: 问题是..., 不幸的是...
例句: The trouble is I can't attend the meeting. If I prepare you in advance, could I ask that you present my ideas at the meeting? (问题是我没法参加这场会议. 如果我提前为你准备好, 我能请你在会议上提出我的想法吗?)

18. the truth is ...
定义: 事实上...
例句: The truth is she was not a nice person. She was a wolf in sheep skin from the word go. (事实上, 她不是一个好人. 她从一开始就是一只披着羊皮的狼)

19. the way forward
定义: 前进方向; 成功之路.
例句: The creation of personal electronic health records is the way forward for effective healthcare in the future. (建立个人健康记录电子档案是一条迈向未来有效的医疗保健方向)

20. the way things are going ...
定义: 依目前事情发展的趋势看...
例句: The way things are going we may be the first in the nation to set minimum standards of health care benefits for workers. (依照目前事情发展的趋势看, 我们可能成为全国第一个为工人设定最低医疗福利标准的人)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 47 访客