royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1086

帖子 royl » 周一 7月 18, 2022 2:54 am

二十笔实用成语 1086

01. there are no buts about it
定义: [俗语]毫无疑问的; 没有任何借口, 讨论或抗议的余地.
例句: There are no buts about it. Just do as I tell you! (别找借口了. 我怎么说你就怎么做!)

02. there is no flies on someone
定义: [俗语]某人思路敏捷, 反应快, 不易上当, 骗不了某人.
例句: "My son keeps trying to get his little sister to do his chores for him, but she sees through his ploys every time." "I tell you, there's no flies on the young lady." ("我儿子一直试图要他妹妹替他做家务, 但她每次都看穿他的伎俩." "我跟你说, 这个小姑娘不好骗.")

03. there is no two ways about it
定义: 只有这条路, 别无选择; 这是毫无疑问的.
例句: You have to go to the doctor whether you like it or not. There's no two ways about it. (不管你喜不喜欢都得去看医生. 你别无选择)

04. there are none so blind as those who refuse to see
定义: [谚语]世界上没有比拒绝看清真相的人还盲目.
例句: There are none so blind as those who refuse to see and those driven by hatred. (世界上没有人比那些拒绝看清真相的人和被仇恨冲昏头的人还更盲目)

05. there are other fish in the sea; there are plenty more fish in the sea; there are plenty of other pebbles on the beach/shore
定义: [劝人语]天涯何处无芳草. 不必难过, 还有得是好女孩或男孩.
例句: "I'll never love anyone as much again." "Look, Julie, there are lots more fish in the sea, so don't despair." ("我再也不会爱任何人了." "听着, 朱莉, 天底下好男人多得是, 所以别丧气.")

06. there but for the grace of God (go I)
定义: [谚语]很幸运逃过一劫; 发生在别人身上的不幸也可能发生在我身上.
例句: Whenever Sally saw a beggar, she thought, "There but for the grace of God go I." (每当莎莉看到一个乞丐的时候, 她就会想到, "我很幸运没有沦落到他/她这样的地步.")

07. there came a point/time in your life when/where ...
定义: 在过去人生当中某一时刻, 当你...
例句: There came a point in your life when you could have gotten a new job, or even kept the one you had. But you chose to leave that life behind. (在你生命中的某个时刻你本可以找到一份新工作, 或什至保住你的旧工作. 但你还是选择离开那种生活)

08. There comes a bus.
[成语句型]巴士来了. 公(交)车来了.

09. there comes a time when ...
定义: 总有一天当...; 当...的时刻来临.
例句: There comes a time when you have to make a decision and stick to it. (总有一天你必须做出某个决定并坚持下去)

10. There doesn't seem to be much he can do about it.
[成语句型]他似乎对此事也无能为力.

11. there follows
定义: 然后有了; 随之而来.
例句: The war ended. There followed a long period of rebuilding. (战争结束了. 随后进行了一段长期的重建工作)

12. there is a lot to be said for ...; there is much to be said for ...
定义: 显示出有利的一面. (注: 意指当考虑某事时所指出其有优势的一面)
例句: Honestly, there's a lot to be said for living with your parents after college, but, at a certain point, it becomes time to move out. (老实说, 儿女大学毕业后和父母住在一起有很多优势, 但是, 总有一天, 他/她也该搬出去过着独立生活)

13. there is only way to find out
定义: 只有一个办法查明.
例句: There is only way to find out and that is to measure your progress. Don't leave it to chance, keep track of your results daily. (只有一个办法查明, 那就是衡量你的进展. 不可任其随意发展, 所以要每天都追踪你的成果)

14. there is little doubt that ...
定义: 毫无疑问的是...
例句: There is little doubt that he, like the other operators, knew exactly what would happen when he yanked the control rod. (毫无疑问, 他和其他操作员一样, 清楚地知道当他猛拉控制杆时会发生什么样的后果)

15. there is little evidence that ...
定义: 没什么证据(显示)...
例句: There is little evidence that spicy food in hot countries is an adaptation to reducing infection risk. (几乎没有证据显示, 炎热国家的辛辣食物可以降低疾病感染的风险)

16. there is more than one way to skin a cat
定义: [谚语]不只一种方法可以解决一个问题. (注: 意指谋事有很多种办法可以巧妙运用)
例句: Don't worry, we'll get this start-up off the ground. Our talks with the investment group may have fallen through, but there's more than one way to skin a cat. (别担心, 我们会让这家初创公司顺利起步. 我们与投资集团的谈判也许失败了, 但解决问题的方法不只只有一种)

17. there is no alternative
定义: 别无选择.
例句: There is no alternative. We must invest in renewable energy now. (别无选择. 我们现在必须投资可再生能源)

18. there is no cause for alarm
定义: 不必惊慌; 没必要大惊小怪.
例句: There is no cause for alarm. We had a flat tire earlier in the day, but it's fixed now. (不必惊慌. 今天早些时候我们的轮胎漏气了, 但现在已经修好了)

19. there is no denying
定义: 无可否认.
例句: "No, it can't be true!" "There is no denying the fact that Sarah is definitely the one who stole the money." ("不, 这不可能是真的!" "不可否认的事实是, 莎拉绝对就是那个偷钱的人.")

20. there is no doubt
定义: 毫无疑问.
例句: "Things seems to be getting more and more expensive lately." "There's no doubt about it. Look at the price of oranges!" ("近来, 东西似乎越来越贵了." "那是毫无疑问的. 看看这些橘子的价格就知道了!")

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 48 访客