royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1090

帖子 royl » 周二 8月 02, 2022 9:52 pm

二十笔实用成语 1090

01. there's plenty of time left
定义: 还剩下充分时间.
例句: If life has got you down, just remember there's plenty of time left for a fresh start. New Year's Eve is a time of celebration, but it is also a time for reevaluation. (如果你日子过得不如意, 请记住你还有充分的时间重新开始. 除夕是个庆祝的时刻, 但也是一个自我评估的时刻)

02. there's safety in numbers
定义: [谚语]人多风险低. (注: 意指危险分散原则; 多人做危险事比一两人做要安全多了)
例句: Don't walk alone at night. There's safety in numbers. (晚上不要一个人单独在路上走. 人多出门才比较安全)

03. there's something wrong with this ...
定义: 这个...不对劲.
例句: There's definitely something wrong with this car's front brakes. It's got rusted rotors, worn pads, and leaking brake lines. (这部车的前煞车肯定有问题. 它的煞车盘生锈, 煞车片磨损殆尽, 和在漏油的煞车管线)
图片
图中左手拿的就是磨损殆尽的煞车片
图片
漏油的煞车管线

04. there's the rub
定义: 困难就在这里. (注: rub在这是困难, 阻碍之意)
例句: "All you need to do to get your car back is pay the fine." "And there's the rub: my wallet is in my car." ("想要赎回车子, 你所需要做的就是把罚款缴清." "这就是困难的所在: 我的钱包放在车子里.")
图片
停车场里的被扣押车辆

05. There's very little evidence to go on.
[成语句型]没有取得什么证据可作再继续此工作的依据.

06. these days
定义: 这些天; 目前; 这年头.
例句: When I was growing up, kids had discipline and structure. These days, it feels like kids are just running amok. (在我成长的时候, 孩子们有纪律和组织. 如今, 孩子们让人感觉像疯狂失控一般)

07. these kind vs. this kind
定义: [易混淆字或短语]these kind是错误用法, 应改为these kinds; this kind of candies, 这种糖果, 是正确用法因为this(单数)修饰kind(单数)而不是修饰candies(复数).

08. These ten seconds are like an eternity.
[成语句型]这十秒钟就好像永恒一样地漫长.

09. they always get what they want
定义: 他们总有办法取得想要的; 他们想要什么就有什么; 他们总有办法得逞.
例句: These people can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and they always get what they want. (这些人可以随心所欲地为所欲为, 而且他们总有办法得逞)

10. They are a better team.
[成语句型]他们是比较优秀的一队. (注: 请注意他们是多数, 还是可以与一队, 单数, 联合使用)

11. They are bracing themselves for a rough week ahead.
[成语句型]他们正准备迎接即将要来的艰苦一周.

12. They are lions led by donkeys.
[成语句型]勇士们被一些不称职的笨蛋领导. (注: 原译是这些像狮子的勇士被一批蠢驴子领导)

13. they don't like each other
定义: 他们(两人或两队)互不喜欢.
例句: They're both my friends, but unfortunately, they don't like each other. (他们两都是我的朋友, 但不幸的是, 他们都不喜欢对方)

14. they get no sympathy from me
定义: 我才不同情他们.
例句: I don't give cheaters the time of day, they get no sympathy from me. (我对骗子一向不屑一顾, 我也不同情他们)

15. They lost everything in the fire.
[成语句型]这场火灾使得他们失去一切.

16. they think they own us
定义: 他们真以为我们是奴仆, 可以颐气指使我们.
例句: They think they own us. I had a boss that wanted me to clean the bathrooms. I'm an accountant. I just looked at him and said no. (他们真以为我们是奴仆. 我有一个老板要我打扫厕所. 我是一名会计. 我就瞪着他说我才不打扫厕所)

17. they wanted it more than we did
定义: 他们比我们更想要它或更渴望它.
例句: They won the game because they wanted it more than we did. (他们赢得了比赛因为他们比我们更渴望赢)

18. They were weak from hunger.
[成语句型]他们之所以孱弱是饥饿所造成的. (注: 在此介词from的意思是...的原因)

19. they won't go quietly
定义: 他们不会就此认输或罢休; 他们不会心甘情愿地离开.
例句: They won't go quietly. They're going to fight tooth and claw every step of the way. (他们不会就此罢休. 他们将会一路负嵎顽抗, 殊死缠斗)

20. They're finally getting the respect they deserve.
[成语句型]他们终于得到应有的尊重.

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 59 访客