回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1093

帖子 royl » 周日 8月 14, 2022 10:21 pm

二十笔实用成语 1093

01. think less of someone, to
定义: 看轻, 看不起某人. (注: 意指经过某件事之后, 对某人尊敬消失并鄙视某人)
例句: I hope you don't think less of me now that you know about the trouble I got into when I was younger. (既然你已经知道我年少的时候捅出的麻烦, 我希望你不要看不起我)

02. think little of, to
定义: 忽视, 视为不重要.
例句: These corporations think little of the rights and desires that you, the consumer, might have. All that matters to them is the bottom line. (这些大企业完全不重视你作为消费者所应有的权利和偏爱. 对他们来说, 最重要的是公司盈利)

03. think nothing of doing something, to
定义: 无视某事的艰难, 将某事不当回事, 不担心后果, 做此事不费力.
例句: My brother earns so much money that he thinks nothing of spending $300 on a single meal. (我兄弟赚了这么多钱, 他认为一顿饭花上三百美元根本不算什么)

04. think nothing of it
定义: [客气语](别人感谢你的帮助)不客气, 将某事不放在心上.
例句: "Thank you for helping us find our lost puppy." "Think nothing of it." ("多谢你帮助我们找回丢失的小狗." "小事一桩, 别放在心上.")

05. think nothing of someone/something, to
定义: 别着急, 将某人或某事不当回事或不屑一顾, 别放在心上, 不担心后果.
例句: Your boss seems to think nothing of you, judging by the way she speaks about you behind your back. (从她在背后议论你的态度来看, 你的老板似乎对你不屑一顾)

06. think of creative ways to ..., to
定义: 想出有创意的方法去...
例句: If you want to surprise your best friend with a special birthday celebration but are low on funds, you could think of creative ways to make this event one to remember. (如果你想以一个独特庆生活动给你最好朋友一个惊喜但手头的钱又不够, 你可以构思出富有创意的方式来让这个活动成为一个令人怀念的生日)

07. think of it this way …
定义: 不妨这样想… (注: 常用于说服劝导别人以另一个角度去看问题)
例句: It takes an average student about one hour to fill out a FASFA form. So, think of it this way: you could possibly get paid a few thousand dollars for one hour of work.
(一名普通学生填写一份联邦助学金表格大约需要一个小时. 因此, 不妨这样想: 你可能会为一小时的工作获得几千美元的报酬)

08. think of, to
定义: 考虑; 构思, 设想; 对某人或某事的看法或判断; 思考, 期望; 想到, 回想, 怀念; 为某人或某事着想.
例句: I thought of a brilliant idea for a story just as I was going to sleep, but I couldn't remember it when I woke up. (我临睡的时候想到了一个绝妙的故事点子, 但醒来时却想不起来了)

09. think on one's feet, to
定义: 反应快, 临机一动, 临时发挥机智.
例句: When he asked me why I wasn't at work, I had to think on my feet and I invented an excuse about going to see the doctor. (当他问我为什么没上班的时候, 我不得不临机一动, 找了一个看医生的借口)

10. think one is God's gift to something, to
定义: 自认为是最好的人选, 自以为最适合的人选.
例句: You think you're God's gift to women, but when's the last time you actually had a date? (你自认为你是个风流有女人缘的男子, 但你最近一次的真正约会是什么时候?)

11. think out loud, to
定义: 边想边说, 一面思考一面将自己想法说出来.
例句: Excuse me. I didn't really mean to say that. I was just thinking out loud. (抱歉. 我不是有意说那些话. 我只是一面思考一面把自己的想法说出来)

12. think out of the box, to
定义: 有创意地思考; 以新的, 非传统的方式去考虑情况或问题.
例句: I've been trying to think out of the box about what I want this term paper to be about. I know the professor hates unoriginal ideas. (我一直在尝试以创意性地思考我想要写的这篇学期论文. 我知道这位教授非常讨厌非原创的想法)

13. think out, to
定义: 长时推敲, 找出解决方案, 作成决定.
例句: I've thought out every angle – the plan is foolproof. (我已经将每个方面都考虑周全了 – 这个计划是万无一失的)

14. think outside the box, to
定义: 跳出固有的思维框架来思考; 创意性地思考; 以新的, 非传统的方式去考虑情况或问题.
例句: Let's think outside the box for a minute and try to find a better solution. (让我们跳出固有的思维框架来思考, 尝试着找出更好的解决方法)

15. think over, to
定义: 仔细透彻地思考.
例句: Think it over, and let me know in the morning if you want the job. (好好地考虑一下, 如果你想要这份工作的话, 明天早上告诉我)

16. think positive, to
定义: 往乐观, 积极的方面想.
例句: Oh, think positive. There's no reason to believe you won't get the job. (哎呀, 往乐观方面去想吧. 你没理由认为你不会得到这份工作)

17. think someone hung the moon (and stars), to
定义: 对某人敬畏, 着迷; 认为某人是完美的.
例句: Your little sister absolutely adores you. She thinks you hung the moon! (你妹妹彻底地崇拜你. 她认为你完美无缺!)

18. think straight, to
定义: 清晰, 冷静, 理性地思考.
例句: I'm so tired I can't think straight. Let me rest; then we talk. (我实在太累了, 没法清晰地思考. 让我好好休息一会儿; 然后我们再谈吧)

19. think tank, to
定义: 智囊团体, 智囊机构. (注: 意指针对科技, 社会, 战略, 武器方面的研究与寻找解决方案)
例句: The congressional leaders rely too heavily on that conservative think tank. (这群国会领导人太过于依赖那个保守派智库)

20. think the sun shines out of someone's arse/backside, to
定义: 对某人敬爱或敬仰到一程度不认为他会犯错或极为推崇.
例句: He's absolutely head-over-heels in love with Mary. Even though I find her a bit irritating, he thinks the sun shines out her arse. (他被玛莉迷得神魂颠倒. 虽然我觉得她有点烦人, 但他却认为她是完美无缺的)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 61 访客