回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1103

帖子 royl » 周二 9月 06, 2022 5:22 am

二十笔实用成语 1103

01. tie in, to
定义: 与...有或建立密切的联系或关联; 将某人, 某事或某组与某物绑定或约制; 将某物与另一物接上或固定住.
例句: The merchandise was tied in with the movie and had very good sales. (这些商品被绑定在这部电影上, 造成了极佳的销量. 注: 这里的merchandise有些字典只认定它是一个不可数名词. 虽然它也可以成为一个可数名词, 但其复数形式仍然是merchandise)

02. tie into knots, to
定义: 令人感到困惑, 焦虑, 担心或不安; 试图解释某事时紧张心慌, 心烦意乱或说不清楚.
例句: He tied himself into knots when he tried to explain how the engine works. (当他试图解释发动机工作原理的时候, 他因太紧张, 说得结结巴巴)

03. tie into, to
定义: 与...有关联, 有连接; 建立与...之间的联系或关联; 猛攻; 牢固地系上.
例句: Unless there is any proof that he's tied into the crime, it is irrelevant what campaign contributions he made or what his opinions on foreign policies are. (除非有任何证据表明他与此犯罪案件有关, 否则他所捐助的竞选献金或他对外交政策的观点都是不相干的)

04. tie on the feed bag, to
定义: [俚语]吃饭, 进餐.
例句: I can't wait to get to grandma's house and tie on the old feedbag. She always cooks the tastiest food! (我真迫不及待地想去奶奶家吃饭. 她总是做出最好吃的饭菜!)

05. tie one/it on, to
定义: [俚语]喝醉.
例句: Boy, we really tied one on last night, huh? No wonder I'm not feeling good this morning. (好家伙, 咱们昨晚真喝得烂醉如泥, 是吧? 难怪今天早上我感觉不舒服)

06. tie on, to
定义: 用绳子绑住某物.
例句: Tie on that rope so we can pull the hot water tank up the steps. (绑上那根绳子, 这样我们就可以把热水炉拽上楼梯)
图片
热水炉

07. tie one's hands, to
定义: 手被绑住; 不能通融, 加以限制, 束手束脚, 无能为力, 爱莫能助.
例句: I really wish I could help you get a refund, but the company's strict returns policy has tied my hands. (我很希望我能帮你办退款, 但是受到了公司严格的退货规定的限制, 我也爱莫能助)

08. tie someone up in knots, to
定义: 使得某人困惑, 烦恼, 紧张; 弄得某人昏头晕脑, 不知如何解释或辩答.
例句: He had easily tied her up in knots, cleverly casting serious doubt on her mental faculties. (他轻而易举地整得她昏头晕脑, 巧妙地令她对自己的思考能力产生了严重怀疑)

09. tie the knot, to
定义: 结婚, 主持婚礼.
例句: All of my friends have tied the knot and started having kids. (我所有的朋友都已经结婚了并且开始生儿育女)

10. tie up loose ends, to
定义: 收拾零碎, 做结尾工作, 最后收尾.
例句: The writer ties up all the loose ends at the end of the story. (这名作家在故事的结尾把所有还没交代清楚的零星情节都做最后的收尾)

11. tie up, to
定义: 绑紧, 停泊; 阻碍, 束缚, 动弹不得; 使...忙碌, 无法脱身; 金钱或财产被绊住不能作其他的使用; 连接起来, 串连在一起; 占用某东西使别人不能使用.
例句: The highway traffic was tied up for over three hours last night. (昨晚高速公路的交通壅堵了三个多小时)

12. tied to someone's apron strings, be
定义: 依赖某人, 听命于某人.
例句: I'm worried that my husband will forever be tied to his mother's apron strings. He's a grown man but still does every little thing she asks! (我担心我的丈夫会永远听命于他妈妈. 他已经是个成年人, 但仍然会去做她要求的每一件小事!)

13. tight as a drum, be (as)
定义: 拉紧的, 紧身的, 紧密的; 密封不漏水的; 小气, 一毛不拔.
例句: That baby's eaten so much that the skin on his belly is tight as a drum. (那个宝宝吃得太多了, 肚皮紧撑得像一只鼓)

14. tight as a tick, be (as)
定义: 醉醺醺的, 酩酊大醉的; 非常接近, 处于或接近同等水平, 并驾齐驱; 紧密.
例句: She was tight as a tick after just one glass of wine. (只喝了一杯葡萄酒, 她就酩酊大醉了)

15. tight race, a
定义: 势均力敌的比赛.
例句: It was a tight race right up to the final turn when my horse pulled ahead and won. (这是一场势均力敌的比赛, 直到了最后一圈, 当我的马冲刺领先才获得胜利)

16. tight squeeze, a
定义: 时间紧, 空间挤; 手头紧. (注: 意指手边资源不足)
例句: It was a tight squeeze, but we managed to get the sofa through the door and up the stairs. (那儿的空间很狭窄, 但我们还是设法让沙发穿过门口, 搬上了楼梯)
图片
空间很狭窄

17. tighten one's belt, to
定义: 束紧裤带, 减少开支.
例句: "I don't know what we'll do now that you lost your job." "Don't worry, we just need to tighten our belts for a while." ("如今你丢了工作, 我不知道我们该怎么做." "别担心, 我们只需要短暂地勒紧裤腰带, 一会儿就好.")

18. tighten the purse strings, to
定义: 收紧开支, 花费.
例句: If we want to buy a new car, we will have to tighten the purse strings a bit. (如果我们想买一辆新车的话, 我们将必须稍微收紧开支)

19. tighten the screws on ..., to
定义: 加紧对...施加压力.
例句: We need to tighten the screws on people who've been evading the tax. (我们需要加紧对一直在逃税的人施加压力)

20. till all hours of the night
定义: 直到深夜地.
例句: My boyfriend lives in another state, so to make up for the long distance, we stay up talking till all hours of the night. (我的男朋友住在另一个州, 所以为了弥补长途相思之苦, 我们晚上不睡觉一直聊到深夜)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 56 访客