royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1121

帖子 royl » 周一 9月 26, 2022 8:52 pm

二十笔实用成语 1121

01. trot off, to
定义: 小跑离开; 匆匆地赶过去; 匆匆离去.
例句: Just as I turned around, I spotted some young punk trotting off with my expensive camera. (我一转身就看到一个小混混偷了我的昂贵相机便匆匆逃逸)

02. trot out, to
定义: 推出...展示给别人看.
例句: Our parents trotted us out in our matching sweaters so all the relatives could have a good look. (我们的父母把穿着配对毛衣的我们推出展示给所有的亲戚, 让他们可以好好地看看)
图片
配对成套毛衣

03. trouble and strife, the
定义: [俚语]妻子, 老婆.
例句: How's the trouble and strife? I haven't seen her in a while. (你老婆还好吗? 有一阵子没见到她了)

04. trouble one's head with, to
定义: 操心, 费心, 尽心.
例句: I know I need to stop troubling my head with such negative people, but I can't help letting their comments get to me. (我知道我必须停止费心在这些负能量人的身上, 但我还是禁不住被他们说的风凉话烦扰到)

05. trouble oneself about, to
定义: 操心, 费心, 尽心.
例句: I'm sorry to trouble you about this again, but I need your help with a new problem that has cropped up. (很抱歉再度让你为此烦心, 但我需要你帮忙解决一个新突发的问题)

06. trouble someone for, to
定义: 礼貌地要某人给予或提供某物.
例句: Excuse me, could I trouble you for some spare change? I'm a bit short for my bus fare. (不好意思, 我能不能跟你要一点零钱吗? 我还缺一点买巴士票的钱)

07. true bill, a
定义: [法律术语]大陪审团签署同意的起诉书.
例句: The case was presented to a criminal grand jury, which returned a true bill Monday and led to the indictments, Anderson said. (安德森说, 此案已提交给刑事大陪审团, 该陪审团周一发布了一份起诉书, 并进行起诉)

08. true enough, be
定义: 足够真实. (注: 当你说true enough时, 你同意这个意见是正确的, 但不能说明情况的全部真相)
例句: Yes, that's true enough that I told you that we could get ice cream, but I said only if you were a good girl today. (是的, 这是正确的, 我是告诉过你我们可以买冰淇淋, 但我也说了只要你今天作个乖女孩我才买冰淇淋)

09. true feelings, the
定义: 真情, 真实感觉.
例句: I shifted in my seat and did my best to conceal my true feelings while looking natural. (我在座位上不安地动了动, 尽量地掩饰自己的真实感受, 同时故作自然之态)

10. true gentleman, a
定义: 正人君子.
例句: A true gentleman would never engage in such behavior. (一个正人君子绝不会做出这种行为)

11. true grit, the
定义: 真正的意志, 决心, 勇气或不屈不挠的精神.
例句: He had a special ability to inspire people through his true grit, and his courage in the face of adversity humbled us. (他有一种特殊能力, 可以通过他不屈不挠的意志来激励人们, 以及他面临逆境时的勇气使我们谦卑下来)

12. true that
定义: [俚语]说得对. (注: 意指同意别人意见)
例句: "Yo, that test was brutal." "True that, man. I'm just hoping I passed." ("哟, 那个测试太难了." "没错, 伙计. 我只希望我能及格就好了.")

13. true to form/type
定义: 老是这样子的(一点不让人惊奇), 就是这个样子的, 跟往常一样的.
例句: Susie's attendance has always been pretty erratic and, true to form, she didn't come to today's meeting. (苏西的出席率一直很不稳定, 而且, 跟往常一样, 她今天没有来开会)

14. true to life
定义: 跟真的一样, 逼真, 栩栩如生. (注: 特指某事听起来符合真实世界而不是杜撰的)
例句: The film gives us a true to life picture of 1930s Shanghai. (这部电影为我们呈现了一幅栩栩如生的1930年代上海形象)

15. true to your word
定义: 正如你承诺的一样; 信守承诺.
例句: True to his word, he paid back the money he borrowed from us. (信守他的承诺, 他把向我们借的钱都还清了)

16. true to yourself, be
定义: 表里一致的.
例句: Being true to yourself takes courage. It requires you to be introspective, sincere, open-minded and fair. (做到表里一致需要勇气. 它要求你成为自省的, 诚挚的, 思想开放的和公平的人)

17. truer words were never spoken
定义: 说得很有道理; 完全同意你的话.
例句: "The earlier I get up, the better the day I have." "Truer words were never spoken." ("我起得越早, 我的一天就越顺利." "这话一点都没错.")

18. truly a daunting task, be
定义: 令人生畏的任务.
例句: This was truly a daunting task but you accomplished it precisely and safely. (这确实是一项令人生畏的任务, 但你准确又安全地完成了它)

19. trump up, to
定义: 推销经过包装或夸大的事或物; 捏造, 炮制.
例句: He trumped the evidence up for his proposal and hoped no one would investigate it. (他为他的提议捏造了证据, 并且希望没有人会去调查它)

20. trumped-up charge, a
定义: 被人伪造的指控, 被人炮制的罪名.
例句: He was arrested on some trumped-up charge. (他因被人炮制的罪名被捕)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 40 访客