回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1125

帖子 royl » 周六 10月 01, 2022 9:06 am

二十笔实用成语 1125

01. turn away from, to
定义: 令人厌恶, 排斥, 拒绝, 远离, 离开, 转头故意不注意某事的发生, 避免.
例句: The ugliness of the last election turned many people away from politics for good. (上次选举所发生的丑闻使得许多人永远排斥政治活动)

02. turn away, to
定义: 令人厌恶, 排斥, 拒绝, 远离, 离开, 转头故意不注意某事的发生, 不理会, 避免.
例句: The store began turning away customers who hadn't already preordered the new mobile phones. (这间商店开始拒绝服务那些尚未预订新手机的顾客)

03. turn back the clock, to
定义: 把钟倒拨; 走回历史; 走历史倒车; 复古; 时光倒流.
例句: If I could turn back the clock, I would manage my finances better so I could retire at an earlier age. (如果我能够让时光倒流的话, 我会更尽心地管理我的财务, 这样我就可以提前退休)

04. turn back, to
定义: 转身; 忽视, 放弃, 不理会; 掉头转向, 停步不前; 回到过去的时间或地点; 开车回去, 进行中停下来; 折返; 退还, 还给; 把书中一页压一角做记号.
例句: I think we should turn back. We could be in serious trouble if the weather gets any worse while we're up here. (我认为我们应该回头. 如果我们逗留在这里的同时天气变得更恶劣, 我们便可能有大麻烦)

05. (one's) lips turn blue
定义: 冻得发紫.
例句: Sarah is shivering and her lips are turning blue. Get her out of the pool quick! (莎拉在冻得发抖, 她的嘴唇都发紫了. 赶紧把她从游泳池里拉上来吧!)

06. turn down, to
定义: 拒绝, 不接受; 折叠, 对折; 把东西或纸牌翻面盖住; 调小(音量), 调弱(炉火).
例句: I asked her out on a date, but she turned me down. (我邀她出来约会, 但她拒绝了我)

07. turn full circle, to
定义: 转了一圈; 绕了一圈子仍回到原点.
例句: I used to work in in various kitchens during college to support myself, but now I've turned full circle and become the head chef of my own restaurant. (我曾在大学期间在各种厨房打工来养活自己, 但现在我绕了一大圈又回到原点, 成了自己经营餐厅的主厨)

08. turn heads, to
定义: 引起大家的注意或兴趣.
例句: At the age of 20, the dark-haired actress was already turning heads in the right places. (在二十岁的时候, 这位黑发女演员已经出现在适当的地点引起人们的注意)

09. turn (over) in (one's) grave, to
定义: 令人极为愤怒, 厌恶或遗憾. (注: 意指如果已过逝某人地下有知此事, 他将会极为愤怒, 厌恶或遗憾)
例句: Your poor mother would turn over in her grave if she heard the horrible things you were saying about your brother. (如果你那可怜的母亲听到你说你哥哥的这些坏话, 她肯定会极为愤怒)

10. turn in, to
定义: 送交, 缴出; 转进另一条路; 上床睡觉; 打小报告, 出卖, 背叛; 投案, 自首, 到案, 向警方或官方报到.
例句: I turned in the wallet that I had found to the police. (我把拾到的钱包交给了警方)

11. turn into bedlam, to
定义: 将...变成疯人院, 吵吵闹闹, 乱成一团的地方或情况.
例句: The meeting started to turn into bedlam as the students all started talking over each other. (当学生们都开始七嘴八舌地发言时, 会议便开始吵吵闹闹, 乱成一锅粥)

12. turn into, to
定义: 转变成, 成为; 转弯进入某处; 性质, 性格或行为的转变.
例句: Years of poverty and mistreatment has turned him into quite the bitter, cynical person. (多年的贫穷和虐待使他变成了一个充满敌意, 愤世嫉俗的人)

13. turn it down, to
定义: 把音量关小.
例句: The volume is too loud. Turn it down, please! (音量太大. 请把音量关小!)

14. turn it off, to
定义: 把机器关掉.
例句: It is a long-standing debate: is it better to leave the computer on or turn it off when you're done for the day? (这是一个长期存在的争论: 一天结束之后, 应该让电脑继续开着还是把它关掉比较好?)

15. turn King's/Queen's/State's evidence, to
定义: [英国法律]供出同犯不利证据以求减刑; 认罪协商.
例句: One of the gang turned State's evidence and identified at least three others involved in the fraud. (该团伙中的一员认罪协商, 并指认了至少另外三名参与欺诈案的嫌犯)

16. turn loose, to
定义: 释放, 令其不受约束; 开火, 射击.
例句: Due to a lack of evidence, the suspects were turned loose by police. (由于缺乏证据, 警方将这名嫌疑人释放)

17. turn of events, a
定义: 戏剧性的转折; 出乎意料的事情发展; 突发的情况.
例句: Sometimes it takes a dramatic turn of events for our lives to head in the direction they were meant for. (有时, 我们的生命需要发生戏剧性的转折, 才能朝着原本应该去的方向迈进)

18. turn of mind, a
定义: 一种思考或处理生活的特殊方式.
例句: My dad always had a very pragmatic turn of mind, so everything he did had to be weighed against how it would benefit him and the family. (我父亲的想法总是非常务实, 所以他所做的一切都必须顾虑及他和家人的利益)

19. turn of phrase, a
定义: 特殊的措辞, 特殊的表达方式.
例句: I understood what she was saying until she used a turn of phrase that I had never heard. (我明白她在说什么, 直到她用了一个我从未听过的特殊措辞我才没听懂)

20. turn of speed, a
定义: 急剧增加的速度.
例句: We wanted to make an electric car that also has an explosive turn of speed. (我们想制造一辆电动汽车, 并且也具有爆发性的速度冲刺)
图片
电动汽车爆发性的冲刺速度

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 52 访客