回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1165

帖子 royl » 周六 1月 07, 2023 10:10 am

二十笔实用成语 1165

01. what good is (doing) (something)?
定义: 这有什么用途? 这又有什么用? 这又能解决什么问题? (注: 意指拥有, 使用或做某事的理由是什么)
例句: What good is making your bed each morning when you're just going to mess up the sheets again at night? (每天早上整理床铺又有什么用? 你反正到了晚上还是要把床铺弄乱)
图片
每天早上整理床铺可获身心健康

02. what got it started?
定义: 什么引起这件事?
例句: Earth is unlike any planet we know by virtue of hosting a rich variety of life. But experts are still unsure what got it started. (由于它拥有丰富多样的生命, 地球并不同于我们所熟知的任何行星. 但专家们仍然不确定是什么原因导致的)

03. what happened to him?
定义: 他怎么了? (注: 意指某人突然发脾气, 突然身体不适, 突然狼狈地出现等令人惊讶, 不解的状况时别人会问的话)
例句: What happened to you? (你怎么了?) What happened to your jacket? (你的夹克怎么了?) What happened to the car? (这部车怎么了?)

04. what happened?
定义: 出了什么问题? 怎么了?
例句: "What happened?" "Just a little mix-up at the hotel, we were overcharged for our stay." ("怎么了?" "就因为这家酒店的一个小错误, 我们的住宿被多收了钱.")

05. what has gone wrong with us?
定义: 我们出了什么问题?
例句: What has gone wrong with us as a society is what allowed such a morally and intellectually unqualified man to ever be elected president? (我们这个社会出了什么问题, 就这样让一个在道德和材智力上都不合格的人当选了总统?)

06. What has he done for you lately?
[成语句型]他最近又为你做了些什么?

07. what have I done to deserve this?
定义: 我造了什么孽? (注: 意指抱怨我遇到不顺遂, 困难, 或灾难)
例句: What have I done to deserve this? I must have been really evil in a previous life. (我造了什么孽? 我前世一定是干了许多坏事)

08. and what have you
定义: 及等等... (注: 意指在列举出诸多项目时不能一一都提到只有在句尾加及等等项目)
例句: Oh, I'm just making some pasta and meatballs and what have you – nothing fancy. (哦, 我只是在做一些意大利面和肉丸, 等等食物 – 没什特殊的)

09. what have you been up to?
定义: 你最近在干什么?
例句: "Hey, Martin, long time no see! What have you been up to?" "Oh, not much. Still working at FlemTek. How about you?" ("嘿, 马丁, 好久不见! 你最近都在干啥?" "哦, 啥也没做. 我还在FlemTek 工作. 你呢?")

10. what have you got to lose?
定义: 你还有什么可以损失? (注: 意指当某人陷入困境却仍然患得患失, 左右为难时劝他要下定决心去放手一搏才是求生之道, 因为你没有什么可以损失)
例句: Why not explore the possibility of a permanent solution to weight management for yourself? What have you got to lose except the pounds? (你为什么不探索管理自己体重的永久解决办法的可能性? 除了损失体重之外你还会有什么可以损失的呀?)

11. what he doesn't know won't hurt him.
定义: 他不必要知道此事. (注: 意指别让他知道此事, 这样他就不会烦心)
例句: "Mom will freak out if she finds out that you took the car without asking!" "Of course, she will. But what Mom doesn't know won't hurt her." ("如果妈妈发现你不问就把车开走了的话, 妈妈会吓坏的!" "她当然会吓坏的. 但妈妈不知道这件事她就不会担心.")

12. what he says goes
定义: 他说了算数, 要听从他.
例句: I don't care what your supervisor said. I'm the boss here, so what I say goes. (我不在乎你的主管说了什么. 我是这里的老板, 所以我说了算)

13. what I want you to do is ...
定义: 我要你做的事是...
例句: Now, what I want you to do is look directly at me, OK, just take a deep breath in through your nose, letting it out through your mouth, and relax. (现在, 我要你做的是眼睛看着我, 好吗, 用鼻子深吸一口气, 把气从嘴里呼出来, 然后全身放轻松)

14. what if
定义: 假如, 万一. (注: 意指假如某事发生其结果将如何, 会有何影响)
例句: There is a possibility that we could write off some of these losses, but it's still a big what if at this point. (我们有可能冲销这其中的一些损失, 但在此时, 这仍然是一个很大的假如. 注: 意指我们在此时仍然不确定公司会决定把这些损失的一部分冲销掉)

15. what if it were true?
定义: 假如这是真的话, 结果会如何?
例句: What if it were true that diamonds can be manufactured? When GE revealed the discovery, the stock of the De Beers diamond cartel which dominated the global market, plummeted. (如果钻石真的可以人工制造那怎么办? 当奇异公司披露这一发现时, 主导全球市场的底比尔斯钻石垄断联盟的股票暴跌了)

16. what if something happened to you?
定义: 万一你有不测的话, 将会怎样?
例句: What if something happened to you tomorrow? Do you have a plan in place to help you get through the next incident? Do you have a plan B? (如果明天你出了什么事怎么办? 你是否已经制定好了计划来帮助你渡过下一个突发事件? 你有备份计划吗?)

17. what in the world ...
定义: 到底 ... (注: in the world在此作为究竟, 到底之意; 强调惊奇, 震惊, 愤怒, 厌恶)
例句: What in the world is that? It looks like a space ship! (那究竟是什么东西? 它看起来像一艘太空船!)

18. what is he doing?
定义: 他在干什么呀? (注: 意指你看到他做一件奇怪或可疑的事所说的)
例句: What is he doing here? He's supposed to be in school now. (他在这儿干嘛? 他这时候应该在学校里)

19. what is he like?
定义: 他是怎么样的人?
例句: "What is he like?" "He's very kind and generous." ("他是什么样的人?" "他非常善良和慷慨.")

20. what is he thinking?
定义: 不知道他是怎么想的呀?
例句: What is he thinking, giving all of his money away? (不知道他是怎么想的, 把他所有的钱都捐出去?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 63 访客