回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1171

帖子 royl » 周五 3月 03, 2023 2:32 am

二十笔实用成语 1171

01. what's the magic word?
定义: 你应该说什么? (注: 意指提醒小孩要说"请", "谢谢"或"对不起"等礼貌语)
例句: "Can I have some money to go to the movies?" "What's the magic word?" ("能给我点钱去看电影吗?" "你应该说什么?" 注: 从两人的对话中可以得知, 该说的礼貌语应该是"请")

02. what's the matter with you?
定义: 你是怎么了? 你搞什么鬼? 你这是干什么?
例句: We finally get invited to a nice dinner party and you have to go and act the fool. What's the matter with you? (我们好不容易终于受邀去参加一场让人愉快晚宴, 而你却在宴会中出丑丢人. 你是怎么搞的?)

03. What's the matter, are you losing it?
[成语句型]你这是干什么? 你是不是昏了头啦?

04. what's the matter?
定义: 怎么了? 发生了什么事? 你怎么了? 你搞什么鬼?
例句: Hey, what's the matter? You look distressed. (嘿, 怎么了? 你看起来很难过)

05. What's the matter? The cat got your tongue?
[成语句型]怎么了? 你怎么不说话呀?

06. what's the odds?
定义: 机率有多少? 成功的机会有多少? 有什么差别? 有什么关系? 有什么用?
例句: He'll do it anyway, so what's the odds of telling him not to? (他铁下了心要这样做, 那么规劝他不要这样做有什么用?)

07. what's the point (of something)?
定义: 这有什么意义?
例句: "I just feel so dejected about my writing. No one reads it anyway, so what's the point?" "Hey, don't talk like that! You're a great writer, you just need to keep at it!" ("我真是对我的写作感到很灰心. 反正也没人看, 再写下去又有什么意义?" "唉, 别这么说! 你是个很优秀的作家, 你必须要坚持下去!")

08. what's the use of ...?
定义: ...又有什么用? (注: 意指在条件不足之下去做某事又有何用, 只不过是浪费力量而已)
例句: What's the use of worrying about the weather? You can't do anything about it. (担心天气有什么用? 你又不能改变它)

09. what's this/that got to do with me?
定义: 这/那跟我有什么关系?
例句: What has your car accident got to do with me? How can it be blamed on me? (你出车祸跟我有什么关系? 怎么可以怪我?)

10. What's this nonsense I hear about you quitting?
[成语句型]听说你要辞职的谣言, 这到底是怎么回事?

11. what's troubling you?
定义: 你在烦什么心? 你在烦恼什么?
例句: "What's troubling you son?" "Is it that obvious? I thought I was doing a good job of hiding my depression." ("有什么烦恼, 儿呀?" "有这么明显吗? 我以为我把心中的抑郁隐藏得很好.")

12. what's (up) with ...
定义: 为什么...? ...出了什么问题?
例句: "What's with Tom? He looks depressed." "He broke up with Sally." ("汤姆怎么了? 他看起来很沮丧." "他和莎莉闹掰了.")

13. What's up with you?
[成语句型]你怎么啦?

14. what's up?
定义: [问候语]你好吗? 怎么了? 这是怎么回事?
例句: "Hi Sarah!" "What's up, Chuck!" ("嗨, 莎拉!" "你好, 恰克!")

15. tell (someone) what's what, to
定义: 告知真相, 事实, 最基本的信息.
例句: You're so naïve about the way you think this business operates, so allow me to tell you what's what. (你对这个行业的运作方式看法太天真, 让我来告诉你真相吧)

16. what's with ...
定义: 为什么...? ...出了什么问题?
例句: What's with her? (她怎么了? 注: 意指对某人的怪异行为无法理解)

17. what's with the deal?
定义: 这是怎么回事? (注: 有要人解释之意)
例句: What's with the deal of Tom getting kicked out of the house by his wife? (汤姆被他老婆赶出家门是怎么回事?)

18. What's with you?
[成语句型]你怎么啦?

19. what's wrong with you?
定义: 你怎么啦?
例句: "I heard she got fired for cheating the company out of nearly $20,000." "Seriously, what's wrong with her? She gets paid a ludicrous amount of money as it is!" ("我听说她因为侵占了公司将近两万美元而被解雇了." "说真的, 真不知道她是怎么想的? 她现有的薪水已经高得吓人了!")

20. what's your beef?
定义: 你抱怨什么? 什么事你不满? 你有什么问题?
例句: I tell you what my beef with you. I'm annoyed that you would leave all these dishes for me to clean up, instead of doing them yourself! (我告诉你我对你有什么不满. 我很生气你把所有这些盘子都留给我清洗, 而不洗自己的脏碗盘!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 46 访客