royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1188

帖子 royl » 周五 5月 05, 2023 9:53 pm

二十笔实用成语 1188

01. wish someone (the best of) luck, to
定义: 祝某人顺利成功.
例句: I wish you the best of luck with your new job. (祝你在新工作上一切顺利)

02. wish someone Godspeed, to
定义: 祝福某人一路平安, 或顺利成功.
例句: I wish you Godspeed in your new career. (祝你在新事业上一切顺利)

03. wish someone all the best, to
定义: 祝福某人顺利成功.
例句: We wish you all the best in your new endeavor. (我们祝你在新的事业上一切顺利)

04. wish you a merry Christmas
定义: 祝你圣诞节快乐.
例句: I think we all deserve a pat on the back for making this year a successful one, and I wish you a merry Christmas! (我认为我们所有人都应该为今年的成功得到赞扬, 祝你们有一个快乐的圣诞节!)

05. wish you were here
定义: 真希望你当时在这里. (注: 经常出现在外旅游之人写给亲人的明信片上)
例句: Johnny misses you and he talks about you a lot. I wish you were here to witness him grow up. (强尼很想念你, 他经常谈到你. 我真希望你当时在这里, 亲眼看着他的成长)

06. wishful thinking, a
定义: 一厢情愿的想法.
例句: The idea that the enemy will immediately surrender is nothing more than a wishful thinking. (敌人会马上投降的这个想法只不过是个一厢情愿的想法罢了)

07. wishy-washy, be
定义: 忧柔寡断的, 踌躇不前, 缺乏魄力的, 不果决, 无力的, 没味道的.
例句: Martha always gets so wishy-washy when I ask her to make a decision about the project. (每当我要玛莎对这个项目做决定时, 她总是忧柔寡断, 犹豫不决的)

08. witching hour, the
定义: 午夜.
例句: Halloween was the only night of the year that our parents would let us stay up until the witching hour. (万圣节是一年中唯一的一个父母会让我们玩到午夜的夜晚)

09. with (one's) tail between (one's) legs
定义: 夹着尾巴; 垂头丧气, 心虚地, 狼狈不堪地.
例句: Tom is a wimp. When people criticize him unjustly, he just goes away with his tail between his legs and doesn't tell them that they're wrong. (汤姆是个懦夫. 每当别人诬赖他的时候, 他便狼狈不堪地离开, 也不告诉人家他们怪错人了)

10. with a flourish of ...
定义: 夸张地挥舞着...(例如挥手, 挥舞着武器); 突然地爆发(活动).
例句: With a flourish of his pen, he signed the bill into law. (他夸张地大笔一挥, 将此法案签署为法律)

11. with a heavy hand
定义: [副词短语]高压粗暴地, 强制地; 笨手笨脚地.
例句: The police dispersed the protesters with a heavy hand. (警方发动强制执法, 粗暴地驱散了抗议者)

12. with a heavy heart
定义: [副词短语]心情沉重地, 难过地或悲伤地.
例句: With a heavy heart, she said good-bye to us. (怀着沉重的心情, 她向我们道别)

13. with a lash of scorpions
定义: 严苛惩罚, 严厉谴责.
例句: What do you care if this plan fails? I'm the one in charge. And I'll get the lash of scorpions if it fails. (你在乎这个计划会不会失败干嘛? 我才是负责人. 如果它失败的话, 我将会被严厉惩处)

14. with a light heart
定义: 心情轻松愉快地.
例句: She left the doctor with a light heart. There was nothing wrong with her at all. (她带着轻松的心情离开了医生. 她身体一点毛病都没有)

15. with a nose for something
定义: 有特殊发掘某事或物的能力. (注: 意指天生的能力)
例句: He is a good reporter with a nose for news. (他是个具有特殊发掘新闻能力的优秀记者)

16. with a vengeance
定义: 复仇般地, 干劲十足地, 猛烈地, 坚决地, 急切地, 极度地.
例句: The painkillers helped for a while, but then my headache came back with a vengeance. (止痛药起了一会儿的作用, 但另一阵剧烈头痛又复仇般地袭来)

17. with a view to
定义: 为了, 想要, 意欲, 旨在, 致力于, 针对某个目的.
例句: I understand that they offered me a training course with a view of moving me to upper management. (我明白他们提供给我一个培训课程乃是想要把我提拔到高管阶层上去)

18. with a will
定义: 坚决地, 努力不懈地, 干劲十足地.
例句: When I said the kids could have ice cream if they finished their homework before dinner, they all started working with a will. (当我说如果孩子们在晚饭前写完作业就可以吃冰淇淋之后, 他们都开始干劲十足地写功课)

19. with all due respect
定义: 恕我直言; 冒昧地说.
例句: With all due respect, I beg to differ. (恕我直言, 我不敢苟同您的意见)

20. with all one's heart (and soul)
定义: 衷心诚意地, 全心全意地.
例句: I thanked them with all my heart for the ride. (我诚挚地感谢他们载了我一程)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 39 访客