royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1191

帖子 royl » 周五 5月 12, 2023 7:12 pm

二十笔实用成语 1191

01. with reference to
定义: 关于.
例句: We received an anonymous tip with reference to the ongoing investigation. (我们收到了有关这件正在进行调查案子的一份匿名举报)

02. with regard to vs. with regards to
定义: [易混淆字或短语]with regard to是正确用语, 意为关于; with regards to是错误的, 最好别用.

03. with reservations
定义: 仍有疑虑; 仍有保留. (注: 意指并非完全信服或完全信任)
例句: When she applies, she is accepted but with reservations. As a new employee, she will be placed on one-month probation. (当她来申请工作时, 她虽然被录用但雇主仍有些疑虑. 作为一名新进员工, 她将被试用一个月)

04. with someone right now, be
定义: 正在会客; 正在与某异性交往.
例句: I am using my computer to video chat with someone right now, I'll call you back later. (我现在正在用我的电脑和别人做视频聊天, 我待会儿再打给你)
图片
视频聊天

05. with strings attached
定义: 附带条件, 以条件作交换.
例句: I was able to borrow the money for the furniture with no strings attached. (我能够在没有附带的条件下借到了买家具的钱)

06. with tears in one's eyes
定义: 含着泪地.
例句: My 6-year-old daughter came home from school with tears in her eyes the other day. She told me that she got in trouble for holding hands with her friend. (前几天, 我六岁女儿含着泪水从学校回家. 她告诉我她因为和朋友牵手而惹上了麻烦)

07. with that
定义: 随即, 随后; 因此, 于是.
例句: "I still think you're wrong," he said and with that he drove away. ("我还是认为你是错的," 他说完, 便随后开车离开)

08. with ... in mind
定义: 考虑到...; 为了...; 将...列入考虑后.
例句: With that in mind, we're only going to give you a suspension of three weeks unpaid leave. (由于考虑到这一点, 我们只给你留职停薪三个星期. 注: 这里的suspension乃是一个暂时性的停职, 停学或停赛处分)

09. with the benefit of hindsight
定义: 事后看来, 后见之明, 事后诸葛亮, 马后炮.
例句: With the benefit of hindsight, maybe this could have been avoided had more care been taken. (事后看来, 如果当初多谨慎一些的话, 也许这问题是可以避免的)

10. with the best of them
定义: 跟别人一样有能力, 不逊于别人.
例句: Don't underestimate him, he can play piano with the best of them. (别小看他, 他钢琴弹得跟他们一样好, 并不逊于他们)

11. with the best will in the world
定义: 不管付出再多的努力; 不管再热切的希望, 尽管动机再好(也做不到).
例句: With the best will in the world, Jack won't be able to help Mary get the job. (即使杰克付出再多的努力, 也帮不了玛丽拿到那份工作)

12. with the gloves off
定义: 准备不客气, 准备来硬地.
例句: Up to now, both sides in the dispute have been cautious, but now the gloves are off and a serious confrontation is expected. (直到目前为止, 争端双方都在谨小慎为, 不愿扩大事端, 但现在他们准备要来硬的, 估计会发生严重的冲突)

13. with the naked eye
定义: 以肉眼看. (注: 意指没有借助望远镜)
例句: It is dangerous to look directly at the sun with the naked eye. (用肉眼直视太阳是危险的)
图片
不伤眼睛的太阳观察眼镜

14. with time
定义: 随着时间的流逝, 逐渐地.
例句: Her condition should improve with time. (她的病情应该会逐渐地好转)

15. with time to spare
定义: 提早做完, 还有剩余时间.
例句: Wow, with all that traffic, I can't believe I got home with time to spare! (哇, 交通这么拥挤, 我真不敢相信我居然还能提前赶回到家!)

16. with us in spirit, be
定义: 精神上与我们同在. (注: 意指某人也许不在这里, 或也许不在人间, 但他的精神与我们在一起)
例句: I know you're sad that Grandma can't be here, but she's with you in spirit. (我知道奶奶不能来你很难过, 但她精神上却和你同在)

17. with (very) few exceptions
定义: 大致如此, 除了极少数的例外.
例句: With few exceptions, you get what you pay for. (除了少数的例外, 不管买任何东西都是一分钱一分货的道理)

18. with warmest regards
定义: 致上热忱问候. (注: 信尾的问候语)
例句: From the amazing feedback we received from all of you over the years, we know we have met your expectations. With warmest regards. (这些年来, 从你们那儿收到的令人惊喜反馈来看, 我们知道了我们已经达到了你们的期望. 谨致上最热忱的问候)

19. with your bare hands
定义: 徒手地, 赤手空拳地, 不使用工具或武器地.
例句: Rescue workers and residents were digging through tons of mud with their bare hands yesterday in search of survivors. (昨天, 救援人员和当地居民徒手挖掘出大量的泥土来寻找幸存者)

20. with your nose in the air
定义: 趾高气昂, 不理睬别人.
例句: She just walked past me with her nose in the air. (她趾高气昂地从我身边走过, 对我视而不见)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 70 访客