royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1193

帖子 royl » 周二 5月 16, 2023 8:33 pm

二十笔实用成语 1193

01. within the realm of possibility, be
定义: 可能的, 可行的.
例句: You worked so hard this semester that I think an A is within the realm of possibility. (你这学期学习很努力, 我觉得你很可能拿A)

02. within the space/span of an hour
定义: 在一小时之内.
例句: They finished their homework within the space of an hour. (他们在一个小时之内就写完了功课)

03. within two weeks
定义: 在两星期内.
例句: You will receive our letter within two weeks. (你将在两周内收到我们的信)

04. within walking/striking distance
定义: 在近距离内; 接近完成; 进入打击圈内.
例句: Finally, after months of work, the end of my thesis is within striking distance. (终于, 经过几个月的努力, 我的论文即将完成)

05. without a doubt
定义: 毫无疑问地, 确定地.
例句: I barely remember leaving the office last night, so I can't say without a doubt that I set the alarm before I left. (我几乎不记得昨晚是怎么离开办公室, 所以我没法确切地说在离开之前我设好了警报系统)

06. without a hitch; not a hitch
定义: 一帆风顺地; 毫无障碍困难地; 进展顺利地.
例句: Other than a brief delay at the airport, our trip has been without a hitch! (除了在机场的短暂延误之外, 我们的旅行都一帆风顺!)

07. without a leg to stand on
定义: 没机会成功; 没有证据支持.
例句: Unfortunately, the entire study was just retracted by the medical journal, and now my thesis is left without a leg to stand on. (不幸的是, 那整篇研究报告刚刚被那份医学杂志撤回, 现在我的论文就变成了没有数据佐证的文章)

08. without a moment to spare
定义: 及时, 恰到其时, 正好赶上, 再迟就来不及.
例句: The police arrived without a moment to spare, apprehending the criminal just before he fired his gun. (警方及时赶到, 抢在歹徒开枪之前将他逮捕)

09. without a qualm
定义: 毫不犹豫; 毫无内疚, 罪恶感, 或内心不安.
例句: Without a qualm, I'd lie to my boss and tell him I'm sick if it means I can have a long weekend. (如果我能弄到一个长周末的话, 我会毫不犹豫地对老板撒谎, 骗他说我生病了)

10. without a red cent
定义: 一文不名的, 阮囊羞涩的, 穷困潦倒的.
例句: They were left without a red cent and were forced to live on the charity of other relatives. (他们身无分文, 被迫依靠其他亲戚的接济度日)

11. without a shadow of a doubt
定义: 毫无疑问, 千真万确.
例句: I only made such a big change in my life because I knew without the shadow of a doubt that it was the right thing for me to do. (我之所以在我人生中做出如此唯一巨大的改变, 是因为我确切地知道, 我这么做是对的)

12. without a stitch on
定义: 一丝不挂, 赤裸裸.
例句: When you were a toddler, we used to let you run around the beach without a stitch on. (当你还是个蹒跚学步的孩子时, 我们常常让你光着身子在海滩上跑来跑去)

13. without a word of a lie
定义: 千真万确, 实话实说.
例句: Without a word of a lie, she is the toughest person I know, not just the toughest woman, but the toughest person. (实话实说, 她是我所认识的最坚强的人, 不只是最坚强的女人, 而是最坚强的人)

14. without batting an eye
定义: 不动声色, 不为所动.
例句: Without batting an eye, she gave him a false name and address. (她不动声色地给了他一个假名字和假地址)

15. without being branded a/an ...
定义: 不被视为... (注: branded在此意为被贴上标签)
例句: There is no safe place for people to debate transgender topics without being branded an enemy. (没有一个安全的场合可以让人们讨论跨性别话题而不被视为敌人)

16. without breaking a sweat
定义: 不费吹灰之力地.
例句: That test was so easy, I aced it without even breaking a sweat. (那场考试太简单了, 我毫不费力地就拿到高分)

17. without breaking stride
定义: 一气呵成, 一口气(流畅地完成), (行走时或跑步时)毫不停顿或慢下来地.
例句: Police say the man was walking down the street, and without breaking stride, snatched the woman's purse from her table. (警方称, 这名男子走在街上, 毫无迟疑地, 他一把将这女子的钱包从她桌上抢走)

18. without comparison
定义: 无与伦比, 无人能比.
例句: I'm not surprised that Molly won a full scholarship to that prestigious university. Her intelligence is without comparison. (我对茉莉获得那所知名大学的全额奖学金并不感到惊讶. 她的聪明才智确实无人能比)

19. without delay
定义: 马上, 现在, 立即.
例句: You're to report any problem to me without delay. (你有任何问题都要立即向我报告)

20. without doubt
定义: 毫无疑问地, 确定地.
例句: This without doubt is the best book I have read on the subject, and I have read many over the last 25 years. (这无疑是我读过的关于这个主题最好的书, 在过去25年里, 我读了很多相关的书)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客