royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1196

帖子 royl » 周六 5月 20, 2023 10:21 pm

二十笔实用成语 1196

01. word of honor, one's
定义: 以人格, 信用保证的允诺.
例句: He gave me his word of honor that he will pay me on Friday. (他向我以人格保证他会在周五付钱给我)

02. word of mouth
定义: 口碑相传, 口语传播.
例句: "How did you hear about our bakery?" "Oh, word of mouth. My girlfriend told me about it." ("你是怎么知道我们面包店的?" "哦, 经由口碑相传. 是我女朋友告诉我的?")

03. word to the wise, a
定义: 给你一个忠告.
例句: Stay away from the boss today, he's in a bad mood. Just a word to the wise. (今天离老板远一点, 他心情不好. 我只是给你一个忠告)

04. word (up)
定义: 打招呼语; 说得没错! 同意!
例句: "You want to go get some burgers?" "Word up." ("你想要买些汉堡吗?" "好呀.")

05. words fail me
定义: 无以言表; 高兴地无法以言语形容; 惊讶地无言以对.
例句: I wish I could convey how much it means to me having you all here, but words fail me at the moment. (我真希望我能够表达有你们都来到这里对我有多重要的意义, 但此刻我高兴得无以言表)

06. work a treat, to
定义: 运作顺利; 具有奇效, 成效.
例句: After we oiled it up a bit, that old thing worked a treat. (我们给它上了点滑润油之后, 那部老机器就运行得很顺利)
图片
给引擎加注滑润油

07. work against someone, to
定义: 妨碍; 起反作用; 有效地反抗, 对抗或击败; 造成(情况)对某人不利.
例句: Your meticulous attention to detail sometimes works against you. (有时候, 你对细节一丝不苟的执着反而会对你不利)

08. work against the clock, to
定义: 急忙赶工.
例句: We worked against the clock all day to get that report done by five. (为了能够在五点钟之前完成那份报告, 我们一整天都在分秒必争地赶工)

09. work around/round to, to
定义: 轮到了某人或某事; 开始谈到, 写到或应付到某人或某事.
例句: There were a lot of people ahead of me in the line, so it was quite late in the day by the time they worked around to me. (排在我前面的人很多, 所以等到他们开始办理我案件的时候, 天色已经很晚了)

10. work around/round, to
定义: 绕开某个问题, 先处理别的; 轮到了某人或某事; 开始谈到, 写到或应付到某人或某事.
例句: Can we work around the problem, or do we have to solve it? (我们可不可以绕开这个问题, 还是我们必须解决它?)

11. at the coalface, to
定义: 工作第一线; 面对并处理实际问题.
例句: The problem is that middle management simply don't know what is going on at the coalface. (这个问题的症结是, 中层管理人员根本不知道第一线工作那里发生了什么事)

12. work at, to
定义: 坚持不懈, 努力不懈; 在某家公司或某个地点工作; 在某个行业或手艺工作; 努力加强某个技巧或手艺; 努力地处理某问题.
例句: The plumber worked at the clog with a plunger. (这名水管工努力不懈地利用马桶疏通器排除堵塞)
图片
利用水压排除堵塞的马桶疏通器

13. work at/from home, to
定义: 在家工作.
例句: Before I started working from home, I got into the habit of taking taxis, Ubers, and Lyft to work, due to my profound dislike of public transportation. (在我开始在家工作之前, 由于我深深厌恶公共交通工具, 我养成了乘坐出租车, 优步和来福车上班的习惯)

14. work both sides of the street, to
定义: 脚踏两条船, 两面都服务; 两面讨好, 口是心非.
例句: The real estate agent was known for working both sides of the street, advising first the buyer and then the seller. (这名房地产经纪人以两边讨好著称, 他先给买家提供建议, 然后再为卖家提供意见)

15. work both ways, to
定义: 有利也有弊; 对双方皆具有同样的效果. (注: 意指一方能做之事另一方也可以做, 因此提醒人要小心谨慎)
例句: But I say they were both in the wrong because it works both ways. (但我说他们两方都错了, 因为如果一方是错的, 另一方也一样是错的)

16. work ethic, the
定义: 工作美德, 职业道德.
例句: Although times are certainly different and things may be changing, I still believe in work ethic, discipline, integrity, and grit. (虽然时代不同了, 社会也可能发生了变化, 但我仍然相信职业道德, 纪律, 诚信和勇气)

17. work for peanuts, to
定义: 做微薄低薪工作.
例句: Geez, I need a raise! I'm sick of still working for peanuts after three years! (哎呀, 我需要加薪! 我厌倦干了三年了, 我还是再为一点微薄薪资工作!)

18. work hand in glove with, to
定义: 紧密一起工作, 与... 通力合作.
例句: I've worked hand in glove with Gary for years, so at this point we're very familiar with each other's strengths. (我和盖瑞合作多年了, 所以目前我们非常熟悉彼此的长处)

19. work hand in hand with, to
定义: 紧密一起工作, 与...通力合作.
例句: The two drugs work hand in hand to combat the disease. One fighting the original infection, the other helping to repair damaged cells and tissue. (这两种药物携手合作, 共同对抗这个疾病. 一种对抗原始感染, 另一种帮助修复受损的细胞和组织)

20. work in progress, a
定义: 尚未完成的工作或产品; 尚未达到发展过程顶峰的人.
例句: "Can I have a look at your manuscript?" "Sure, but it's still a work in progress, so don't be too harsh!" ("我可以看一下你的手稿吗?" "当然可以, 但它还是一件尚未完工的作品, 所以你不要太苛责!")

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 54 访客