royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1199

帖子 royl » 周五 5月 26, 2023 12:35 pm

二十笔实用成语 1199

01. work to one's advantage, to
定义: 逐渐地转危为安, 取得优势.
例句: My varied skill set can work to my advantage in addition to my strengths that lie in my ability to quickly get to grips with complex ways of working. (除了瞬间之内便能掌握住复杂工作方式的能力之外, 我所拥有的各种专长也可以让我取得优势)

02. work to, to
定义: 遵循特定的时间表, 计划或程序; 工作时听特定音乐; 努力使某物达到某个特定状态; 激发, 挑衅, 激怒.
例句: I work to a strict time schedule when I work from home. (当我在家工作的时候, 我严格遵循时间表的安排)

03. work up a head of steam, to
定义: 鼓起一股冲劲; 产生冲动.
例句: Now well into his mid-30s, Tom still manages to work up a head of steam over little things. (现在都已经 30 多岁了, 汤姆对一些琐碎小事还是那么容易冲动)

04. work up a sweat, to
定义: 汗流浃背地运动或工作, 付出许多努力.
例句: When I skip, it takes me ten minutes to work up a sweat. (我跳绳时, 我需要十分钟才会出汗)

05. work up a thirst, to
定义: 尽情地工作, 运动, 玩乐以致口干舌燥.
例句: Digging trenches at midday, the men soon worked up a thirst. (大中午挖壕沟, 这群男人们很快就口干舌燥)
图片
挖壕沟

06. work up to, to
定义: 产生, 累积或导致某种结果; 发展, 成长, 加速或扩大某物以达到更好的状态或条件; 做好心理上, 精神上的准备; (为做某事)鼓起勇气, 坚定信念; 通过勤奋工作获得某种职位, 成果, 地位等等.
例句: The destroyers rapidly worked up to full speed and began to close the gap. (这几艘驱逐舰迅速地将船加至全速追赶, 并开始缩小两方之间的距离)

07. work up, to
定义: 激起情绪, 兴奋高亢或紧张沮丧; 做好心理上, 精神上的准备; 逐渐增强; 藉由努力工作来增加, 提高技巧, 责任, 效率或身份; 临时拼凑; 为某人准备某事, 尤指医疗程序.
例句: I need to work up my Spanish for the exam. (我需要提高我的西班牙语水平来应付这场考试)

08. work with, to
定义: 与...一起工作或合作, 从事...工作, 与...配合, 与...兼容, 使用...来工作.
例句: I want to get an external hard drive, but I need to know if a USB 3.0 will work with my USB 2.0 port? (我想买一个外接硬盘, 但我需要知道 USB 3.0 是否可以与我的 USB 2.0 端口兼容)
图片
外接硬盘

09. work your way through college/school, to
定义: 凭着半工半读养活自己才读完大学.
例句: Your father and I both worked our way through university, so I don't see any reason why you can't do the same. (你父亲和我都是靠着半工半读才读完大学的, 所以我看不出你有什么理由不能这样做)

10. work your/its magic, to
定义: 大显身手; 施展魅力; 具有奇效, 很灵验的.
例句: The city never failed to work its magic on me. (这座城市总是令我迷恋着它)

11. workaholic, a
定义: 工作狂.
例句: Ever since she opened up her own business, Claire has turned into a total workaholic. I barely even see her anymore! (自从克莱尔开了自己的公司, 她就变成了一个十足的工作狂. 我几乎都见不到她了!)

12. worked up, be
定义: 过份激动, 烦躁.
例句: You're getting worked up over nothing. I'm sure the doctor will tell you it's nothing. (你干嘛在那儿没原由地烦躁不安. 我相信医生会告诉你什么问题都没有)

13. a show horse, not a workhorse
定义: 虚而不实的人. (注: 意指此人不是吃苦耐劳的人, 而是专门寻求别人关注, 只做表面文章的花瓶)
例句: His highly publicized campaign was one of the biggest spectacles of the year, and his actual time in office has proven that, yes, he is a show horse, not a work horse. (他的高调竞选活动是今年最大的奇观之一, 光看他任期内的作为就已经证明了, 是的, 他是一名务虚而不务实的政客)

14. a workhorse, not a show horse
定义: 实而不虚的人. (注: 意指此人不是只想吸引别人注意的花瓶, 而是吃苦耐劳, 任劳任怨的老实人)
例句: Of course, Ted won't take any credit for our department's success. He's always been a workhorse, not a show horse. (当然, 泰德不会把我们部门的成就归功于他自己. 他一直是个务实而不务虚的人)

15. working stiff, a
定义: 打工仔, 苦干实干的卑微低薪工人.
例句: My dad might have just been a working stiff, but he made damn sure that his kids got the opportunities and advantages he never had growing up. (我父亲也许只是个打工仔, 但他竭尽了全力确保他的孩子们得到了他在成长过程中从未有过的机会和优势)

16. world and his wife, the
定义: 大量人们或者多数人. (注: 意指假如全世界及他的太太出现则肯定是极大群人出现)
例句: The world and his wife are going to be at the wedding this July. I hope I can make it too. (大多数人将参加今年七月的婚礼. 我希望届时也能够赴此盛会)

17. a world apart, be
定义: 截然不同, 完全不一样, 差远了, 距离很远.
例句: The place where she lives now is a world apart from the small town where she grew up. (她现在居住的地方, 跟她长大的小镇截然不同)

18. world authority on ..., a
定义: 在...(领域上)的世界级权威.
例句: Dr. Johnson is a world authority on cardiovascular surgery, which is the same specialty as the defendants in this case. (约翰逊医生是心血管外科领域的世界权威, 他与本案被告的专长相同)

19. world headquarter, the
定义: 世界总部; 全球总部.
例句: One would expect the world headquarter of a Japanese car company to be in Japan. But no, it's in Hong Kong. And the HK operation does not manufacture anything. (人们一般会认为, 日本汽车公司的全球总部应该设在日本. 但不是, 它设在香港. 而其香港的业务却不生产任何东西)

20. do (one) a/the world of good, to
定义: 对...有天大的益处, 大有好处. (注: a world of在此指极大量之意)
例句: She's under a lot of stress at work, and a few days at the coast would do her a power of good. (她受到了很大的工作压力, 因此在海滨待上几天对她大有好处)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 67 访客