royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1205

帖子 royl » 周三 6月 07, 2023 6:54 am

二十笔实用成语 1205

01. write down, to
定义: 写下来, 记录; 降价; 书面上贬低某人某事或某物.
例句: Could you tell me your e-mail address again? I want to write it down. (你能再告诉我你的电子邮件地址吗? 我想把它写下来)

02. write in, to
定义: 写入一位没有列入选票的候选人并投此候选人; 加进一段文字; 写信给某团体.
例句: So many people wrote in Mrs. Daley for the position that she was nearly elected. (很多人在选票上写进戴利夫人的名字并投给她, 她差一点就当选了)

03. write into, to
定义: 在合约或法律上增加新条款; 写信给某团体; 加进一段文字.
例句: Every week we get tons of people writing into the station asking us to play all sorts of crazy music. (每个星期都有很多人给电台写信, 要求我们播放各种稀奇百怪的音乐. 注: 这句里的crazy并不是指疯狂而是指very strange or unusual也就是稀奇百怪的意思)

04. write off, to
定义: 自认损失或自认倒楣; 将某资产价值归零; 将某人视为毫无用处或失败者; 认为某人, 事或物毫无价值或没必要去计较; 发送书面请求; 消除呆帐, 销帐.
例句: At the time, I wrote off his behavior as just a product of stress from work. (当时, 我之没有跟他计较是因为我觉得他的唐突行为只是工作压力所造成的)

05. write one's own ticket, to
定义: 占据主导地位, 由某人自行提出条件或决定行动方案.
例句: For years, computer programming students have been able to write their tickets in the economy as demand has continued to outpace supply for skilled employees in this field. (多年来, 计算机编程专业的学生一直能够在经济中占据主导地位, 是因为该行业对技术熟练程序员的需求持续超过供应)

06. write oneself out, to
定义: 写作疲劳, 江郎才尽, 才华枯竭.
例句: The writer was running out of creative steam and had written himself out. (这位作家的创作动力已经耗尽, 才华枯竭了)

07. write out, to
定义: 以文字写出想法; 写全文而不使用缩写, 不写速记, 不使用符号表示的字母或单词; 写作疲劳, 才华枯竭.
例句: Many on the board can't read shorthand, so please write everything out in standard English. (看板上很多人都看不懂速记, 所以请使用标准英文写出全文)

08. write someone off, to
定义: 认为某人没有价值, 没前途, 没出息或没有搞头; 放弃某人.
例句: Don't write off Joe so fast. He's smarter than you think. (别这么快就放弃乔. 他并不是你所想像的那么没用)

09. on the back of a postage stamp
定义: 对某事知道极其有限.
例句: Why did they sit me next to a poetry professor at the wedding? Everything I know about poetry could fit on the back of a postage stamp! (为什么在婚礼上他们安排我坐在一位诗词教授旁边? 我对于诗词这一方面知道极为有限!)

10. write the book on ..., to
定义: 身为某个领域权威或专家; 对...所知甚多; 成为某事的化身或体现.
例句: This lady wrote the book on modern sound design, so I can't wait to work with her in the recording studio. (这位女士是一名现代音响设计的权威, 所以我迫不及待地想在录音室和她一起工作)
图片
录音室乃是音乐和其他音频的录制工作室

11. write up, to
定义: 写报告; 从一组笔记中撰写完成的文档; 起草某种文件; 快速或容易地写作完成; 写一篇吹捧文章; 浮报资产价值; 开罚单, 写下某人违规或违法报告.
例句: I'm sorry, sir, but I'm going to have to write you up for that broken tail light. (抱歉, 先生, 你的尾灯坏掉了, 我得给你开罚单)
图片
尾灯罩破掉

12. write/pass bum checks, to
定义: 开/使用空头支票.
例句: Being in debt has always scared the hell out of me, so I've made sure to never write a bum check in my life. (欠债的日子总是让我过得心惊胆跳, 所以我发誓我这辈子永远不会开一张空头支票)

13. writer's block, a
定义: 无法继续写作的暂时心理障碍.
例句: I was making great progress with my newest novel, but I ran into serious writer's block about halfway through. (我的最新小说有了很大的进展, 但我写到一半就遇到了严峻的写作障碍)

14. writing/handwriting on the wall, the
定义: (圣经典故)凶兆, 不祥的征兆, 山雨欲来风满楼.
例句: Our company was losing money, and seeing the handwriting on the wall, I started to look for another job. (我们公司在亏损资金, 看到了这个不祥的征兆, 我便开始寻找另一份工作)

15. written all over one's face, be
定义: 心情全展现在脸上.
例句: Jennifer said she wasn't scared before we went into the haunted house, but terror was written all over her face. (在我们进鬼屋之前, 詹妮弗说她不害怕, 但恐惧之意却完全地浮现在她脸上)

16. written in stone, be
定义: 不可改变的, 不能破例的.
例句: Our agreement isn't written in stone; it can be changed. (我们的协议不是不可改变; 它是可以修改的)

17. written in the stars, be
定义: (良缘)命中注定.
例句: I firmly believe that it was written in the stars for me to come all the way to this country and meet you. (我坚信, 我千里迢迢来到这个国度和你相会是命中注定的)

18. written notice, a
定义: 书面通知.
例句: If you are eligible for a waiver, we will send you a written notice. Any money that was collected on this overpayment will be refunded to you. (如果你符合豁免条件的话, 我们将会寄给你一份书面通知. 任何为此超额付款所收取的款项都将会退还给你. 注: 在美国, 所有政府的决定都以书面通知你, 因此所有的电话通知都是诈骗电话!)

19. Wrong fish. Go bait someone else.
[成语句型]你找错人了. 去找别人麻烦吧.

20. wrong side of the tracks, the
定义: 城市里较穷困的区域.
例句: I was always looked down on as a kid because I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. (我小时候总是被人看不起, 因为我出身贫寒)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 46 访客