royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1216

帖子 royl » 周二 7月 04, 2023 7:27 pm

二十笔实用成语 1216

01. you never can tell
定义: 你无法预料. 你不能确定, 你还真说不准, 谁又知道.
例句: You never can tell; it might turn into a beautiful day. (还真说不准; 它也可能会变成一个艳阳天. 注: 这里的it乃是指天气)
图片
一个艳阳天

02. never cease to amaze me
定义: [称赞语]总是令人惊奇或惊喜.
例句: Her talents never cease to amaze me. (她的才华总是让我惊叹不已)

03. you never know
定义: 你无法预料. 你不能确定, 你还真说不准, 谁又知道.
例句: I doubt we'll ever finish this job, but you never know; sometimes, miracles happen. (我怀疑我们是否能够完成这项工作, 但谁又知道呢; 有时候, 奇迹会发生)

04. you never let us down
定义: [鼓励语]你从未让我们失望.
例句: I've recommended your service to many friends, because you never let us down. (我向很多朋友推荐你们的服务, 因为你们从来没有让我们失望过)

05. you owe me one
定义: 你欠我一份情.
例句: OK, you can borrow my car, but remember, you owe me one! (好吧, 你可以借用我的车子, 但记住, 你欠我一份人情!)

06. if you play with fire, you get burned
定义: [谚语]玩火者必会引火上身.
例句: It's no surprise that Tom ended up in jail after getting involved in that counterfeiting scheme. If you play with fire, you get burned. (汤姆之所以涉入制造伪钞阴谋之后进了监狱一点不令人奇怪. 玩火者必会引火上身)

07. You really don't have much to say. Do you?
[成语句型]你这下真的无话可说了吧, 是不是?

08. have me worried
定义: 让我担心着急.
例句: The market and news have me worried, what should I do with my investments right now? (看了股市情况和财经新闻真让我担心, 我现在应该如何处理我的投资?)

09. You really nailed that one!
[成语句型]你这次真逮到这个错误啦!

10. you reap what you sow
定义: [谚语]你种什么因, 就得什么果.
例句: Of course, you're being investigated for tax fraud. Because you've spent years trying to avoid paying them. You reap what you sow. (你当然会受到逃税诈欺的调查. 因为这些年来, 你一直在逃税. 你种什么因, 就得什么果)

11. You reek of alcohol.
[成语句型]你一身都是酒臭味.

12. you said it
定义: 你说的对, 我同意你.
例句: "How stupid of me to lend him that money!" "You said it!" ("我怎么这么蠢居然把钱借给他!" "你说对了!")

13. you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours
定义: [谚语]你帮我忙, 我也帮你忙; 咱们俩互相帮忙. (注: 意指礼尚往来, 互相帮助)
例句: I'll grab the box on the top shelf if you will creep under the table and pick up my pen. You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours. (如果你帮我爬到桌子底下把我的钢笔捡起来, 我就帮你把架子最上面的盒子拿下来. 咱们俩互相帮忙)

14. you see
定义: 用来唤起别人注意的句子开头语(没有特殊意义); 你知道吗.
例句: You see, because you didn't repay the loan within two months, the contract stipulates that the lender is entitled to increase interest on the amount by up to 75%. (你知道吗, 由于你两个月内都没有偿付贷款, 合同规定贷款人有权增加该金额的利息, 最高可达75%)

15. you set me up!
定义: 你设计陷害我!
例句: You set me up! It's entrapment and none of this evidence in here will hold up in court. (你设计陷害我! 这是诱捕, 这里的一切证据在法庭上都站不住脚. 注: 这里的evidence, 也就是法庭上可以使用的证据, 是一个不可数的名词)

16. you should be so lucky!
定义: 别梦想. (注: 意指你告诉某人梦寐以求的事或物不可能会如愿以偿)
例句: "Do you think you'll get the promotion?" "I should be so lucky!" ("你认为你会取得这次的升职吗?" "我可没这个奢想!")

17. you should get/have your head examined
定义: 你应该去检查脑袋; 你的脑袋有问题. (注: 意指因为其妄想的, 怪异或愚蠢的言行)
例句: You need to get your head examined if you don't think giant corporations are in control of our legislators! (如果你不认为大公司控制着我们的国会议员, 你的脑袋肯定有问题!)

18. you should talk!
定义: 你还好意思说人家. (注: 意指乌鸦笑猪黑, 五十步笑百步; 指责你没有资格批评某人, 别人可以批评某人但你不能)
例句: "Kathy never pays attention in class." "You should talk! Just today I saw you reading a magazine during the lecture." ("凯西在课堂上从不专心听课." "你还好意思说人家! 就在今天我还看见你在上课的期间看杂志.")

19. you should've called ahead
定义: 你应当提前打个电话给我或通知我.
例句: My family of eight came in and not a single greet by the lady. Instead, we were told that we should've called ahead for parties of eight. (我一家八口人进来了, 那位女士连一个招呼都不打. 相反地, 我们被告知我们应当提前打电话预约八人的席位)

20. you should've known better
定义: 你当时应该清楚什么可以做和什么不能做.
例句: We still don't excuse him for doing what he did, though. He was thinking of himself and nothing more. Maybe we should've known better after all. (但我们还是不能原谅他的所作所为. 他当时什么都不管, 只顾着他自己. 或许我们早该明白这事终究还是会发生的)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 224 访客