回复
royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1226

帖子 royl » 周五 8月 04, 2023 9:26 pm

二十笔实用成语 1226

01. April showers bring May flowers
定义: [谚语]有苦才有甜; 因有四月梅雨浇灌才有怒放五月花. (注: 梅雨季节造成不方便或不舒适)
例句: Reminding myself that April showers bring May flowers is the only thing getting me through this rainy spell. (我一直提醒自己, 因有四月梅雨浇灌才有怒放五月花, 这是让我度过这段沉闷的梅雨季节的唯一安慰)

02. are you being served?
定义: 有人照顾你吗? (注: 意指有没有已经指派服务员或店员协助你)
例句: "Are you being served, ma'am?" "Yes. I just need a few minutes to look at the menu, if that's okay?" "Yeah sure, have a look." ("女士, 有人招呼您吗?" "有的. 如果可以的话, 我需要几分钟看看菜单?" "当然可以, 您看一看.")

03. have you been taken care of?
定义: 有人照顾你吗? (注: 意指有没有已经指派服务员或店员协助你)
例句: "Have you been taken care of, Sir?" "No. I'm looking for men's formal wear." "Please have a seat and someone will be with you shortly." ("有人照顾您了吗, 先生? " "还没有, 我在寻找男士正式场合服装." "请坐一下, 很快就会有人来协助您.")

04. with someone, be
定义: 听懂某人说的话; 同意某人的想法; 照顾某顾客; 和某人谈恋爱; 和某人发生性关系.
例句: Whoa, slow down, I'm not with you on this. Can you start over from the beginning? (喔, 慢点, 我没听懂你说的这件事. 你能从头再讲一遍吗?)

05. are you kidding?
定义: 你开什么玩笑; 这不可能是真的; 你明知故问.
例句: "Do you want a piece of this cake?" "You kidding me? Of course, I do!" ("你要一块这个蛋糕吗?" "你明知故问? 我当然要一块蛋糕!")

06. are you serious?
定义: 你是认真的吗? 你说的是真的吗?
例句: "Are you serious about not coming out tonight?" "Yeah, I can't come out tonight. I'm super busy." ("妳今晚不出来约会是真的吗?" "是的, 我今晚没法出来. 我忙得脱不了身.")

07. why are you telling me this?
定义: 你为什么跟我说这些? 你为什么要告诉我这些? 你跟我说这些干什么?
例句: Why are you telling me this? I've been out of the loop for a while now. (你跟我说这些干什么? 我已经脱离这个圈子有一段时间了)

08. are you crazy?
定义: 你疯啦? (注: 用来提醒某人别做傻事)
例句: Are you crazy? You know you can't afford your mortgage payments but you still want to buy a new car? (你疯啦? 你明明知道你付不起抵押贷款, 但你还想买一辆新车? )

09. as if I care
定义: 关我什么事; 我才不管.
例句: "Paul's dating someone else? Ugh, as if I care." "Well, he is your ex-boyfriend." ("保罗正在和别人约会吗? 呃, 这关我什么事." "嗯, 他可是你的前男友呀.")

10. as if I ever would
定义: 我决不会! 不可能!
例句: "I bet you are eager to start fixing up your house on your day off." "As if I ever would! I'm too tired after working here all week!" ("我敢打赌, 你一定迫不及待地想在休息日开始装修你的房子." "不可能! 在这里工作了一个礼拜, 我都累趴了!")

11. as if!
定义: 门儿都没有! 不可能!
例句: "Tom thinks he's going to go to the prom with you." "As if! I'd rather go by myself." ("汤姆以为他会和你一起去参加舞会." "门儿都没有! 我宁愿自己去.")

12. as you wish
定义: 随便你; 如你所愿; 听你的.
例句: "Will you please see my guests out?" "As you wish, sir." ("麻烦你送一下我的客人好吗?" "如您所愿, 先生.")

13. ashes to ashes, dust to dust
定义: [谚语]尘归尘, 土归土. (注: 人终将要死, 出于尘土将归于尘土)
例句: The priest stood over the casket and said, "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust," as he concluded the service. (在他结束这个葬礼的时候, 这名牧师站在棺材旁说, "尘归尘,土归土.")

14. ask a stupid question and you'll get a stupid answer
定义: [谚语]问一个没头没脑的问题只配得到一个没头没脑的答覆. (注: 这句话不是反对问问题而是没有经过思考的问题是无法取得有效果的答案)
例句: "What are you talking about? All I asked was if you think I should dress my cat up for Halloween!" "Right, ask a stupid question and you'll get a stupid answer!" ("你在说什么?我只是问你是否觉得我应该在万圣节给我的猫打扮一下!" "没错, 问一个愚蠢的问题, 你就得到一个愚蠢答案.")

15. ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies
定义: [谚语]不要问我问题, 我就不会对你说谎.
例句: I'm not going to tell you what we're planning for your birthday, so ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies. (我不会告诉你我们为你的生日计划了些什么,所以你别问我问题, 我就不会对你说谎)

16. be a devil!
定义: [英国]别犹豫! 勇敢点! 别怕!
例句: Go on, be a devil, Catherine! Buy yourself some new clothes for once! (来吧, 勇敢点, 凯瑟琳! 妳总要有一次给自己买几件新衣服!)

17. be a man!
定义: [鼓励语]像个男人! 坚强点! 勇敢点!
例句: Stop crying over losing your cat and be a man already! (别再为你的猫丢失哭哭啼啼了, 像个男人!)

18. be careful what you wish for, you just might get it
定义: [谚语]小心你的许愿, 它可能成真. (注: 千万不要乱许愿, 不好愿望也有可能实现)
例句: "I wish they'd give me a promotion with more responsibilities." "Be careful what you wish for. You might end up regretting how much stressful your job becomes." ("我希望他们能给我升职, 让我承担更多的责任." "小心你的许愿. 你可能最终会后悔你的工作压力太大.")

19. be cool
定义: 成熟, 时尚或了解最新趋势; 保持冷静; 保持自制; 变得令人陶醉或有趣; 没问题, 没事, 不予以计较.
例句: "Can I get you something to drink?" "Nah, I'm cool. Thanks, though." ("我可以给你拿点喝的吗?" "不了, 我不渴. 不过还是谢谢你" )

20. be my guest
定义: 别客气, 请用, 请便.
例句: "I would just love to have some more cake, but there is only one piece left." "Be my guest. I'm done." ("我很想再吃一些蛋糕, 但只剩下一块了. " "那你请用. 我吃好了.")

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 296 访客