royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1235

帖子 royl » 周一 1月 15, 2024 4:05 pm

二十笔实用成语 1235

01. don't hand/give me that crap!
定义: (不雅语)少跟我来这套! 我才不相信! 我才不甩你这套扯淡!
例句: Don't give me that crap, Tom! I know you've been pilfering money from the register. (少跟我来这套, 汤姆! 我知道你一直在偷取收银机内的钱)

02. How did it go down?
定义: (俚语)这件事是怎么发生的?
例句: "How did it go down?" "I burnt some mac and cheese in the microwave and the whole lounge got filled with smoke and the fire alarm went off." ("这件事是怎么发生的?" "我在微波炉里烧焦了一些通心粉和奶酪, 整个休息室都弥漫着烟雾, 火警警报器也响了.")

03. Come on, cut him some slack!
定义: (命令语)拜托, 别对他这么严格! 通融他一点!
例句: "Come on, cut me some slack! I'm doing the best I can." "Sorry, I can't do that." ("拜托, 给我通融一点, 让我过关吧! 我已经尽全力了." "抱歉, 我不能这样做.")

04. have you given any thought to something?
定义: (对某事)你有没思考过?
例句: "Have you given any thought to your retirement?" "I have, although it feels like a long way off. I don't ever see myself not working after 65." ("你有没有考虑过你的退休生活?" "我考虑过, 虽然感觉还很遥远. 但我从来没想过自己过了65岁以后就不再工作了.")

05. don't quit on me
定义: (对机器)别抛锚; (对电脑)别当机; 别放弃, 继续下去; 别跟我不辞而别.
例句: Hey, Johnny, don't quit on me, buddy. Just keep breathing, in and out. Don't stop! I'm going to get you some help. (嘿, 强尼, 别放弃, 伙计. 继续呼吸, 吸进, 呼出. 别停! 我这就去找人来帮你. 注: 此句话意思是, 你正试着急救强尼, 敦促他别放弃自己求生的努力)

06. it just hasn't quite sunk in yet
定义: (有关谈论的某事)还没察觉到其严重性; 还没想通或明白过来.
例句: Still, the seriousness of this pandemic hasn't quite sunk in yet. Some argue that we are overreacting. (尽管如此, 人们还没有完全意识到这场大流行病的严重性. 有些人还认为我们反应过度了)

07. I beg your pardon
定义: (礼貌口气)对不起. (注: 用于因说错话或做错事请人原谅, 碰撞到别人道歉, 因为没听清楚请人重复刚说的话, 不赞同别人的意见等等的场合)
例句: Oh, I beg your pardon. I wasn't looking where I was going. (哦, 对不起. 我没看清楚路才撞到你)

08. it wasn't an easy decision
定义: (论及过去)这不是一个容易的决定.
例句: I have decided to leave my job. It wasn't an easy decision, but it's the best one I can come up with at this time. (我已经决定辞去工作. 这不是一个容易的决定, 但这是我目前能够想到的最好决定)

09. a fault confessed is half redressed
定义: [谚语]承认错误就等于改正了一半; 勇于承认自身错误是难能可贵的.
例句: Why can't you just admit that you were wrong so we can start to move past this? Come on, a fault confessed is half redressed. (为什么你不能承认自己的错, 这样我们就可以不再纠结这件事了? 拜托, 勇于承认自身错误是难能可贵的)

10. everyone can find fault; few can do better
定义: [谚语]人人都会挑毛病; 但很少人能做得更好.
例句: Everyone can find fault; few can do better. That's why their changes didn't actually generate more sales. (每个人都会挑毛病; 但很少人能够做得更好. 这就是为什么他们的改变实际上并没有带来更多的销售量)

11. love sees no faults
定义: [谚语]爱情是盲目的; 情人眼里无是非.
例句: Everyone's telling me that she's too immature to be in a relationship, but I didn't want to listen until things started getting bad. Love sees no faults, I guess. (每个人都警告我她太不成熟, 不适合谈恋爱, 但我都听不进去, 直到事情开始恶化之后我才想到了他们的警告. 我想爱情是盲目的)

12. a kick in the (seat of the) pants
定义: 一记强而有力的提醒或敦促; 令人沮丧或不愿碰上的事件; 令人愉快或刺激的事.
例句: That speeding ticket was the kick in the pants that Dan needed to get his driving under control. (那张超速罚单无异是一记醍醐灌顶, 提醒丹需要收敛好自己的驾驶恶习)

13. excuse us for a moment
定义: 不好意思, 请你或你们暂时回避一下. (注: 意指因为我们有些私人或机密的话要谈)
例句: Will you ladies excuse us for a moment? We wish to have a private conversation. (女士们, 能不能请你们暂时回避一下? 我们有些话需要私下交谈)

14. unfortunately, he is wrong
定义: 不幸的是, 他是错的.
例句: Tom is right to raise these issues. He's right to get people worked up over them. Unfortunately, he's wrong on the solutions. (汤姆提出这些问题是正确之举. 他让人们为此非常愤怒也是对的. 不幸的是, 他的解决方案却是错误的)

15. it doesn't matter who you are
定义: 不管你是谁. (注: 意指这事情不会因人而异)
例句: It doesn't matter who you are, where you're from, or what you look like, every human has the same value and is deserving of the same opportunities. (无论你是谁, 来自何方, 或是你长什么样, 每个人的价值观都需要尊重, 也都应当拥有相同的机会)

16. don't change a thing
定义: 不要做任何改变.
例句: I like the way you are, so don't change a thing. You're everything I need. (我喜欢妳现在的样子, 所以妳不要做任何改变. 妳就是我所需要的一切)

17. don't bottle it up
定义: 不要闷在心里, 把委屈说出来.
例句: Talk to me, don't bottle it up inside you. (跟我说吧, 别把它闷在心里)

18. no one will be any the wiser
定义: 没有人会知道, 没有人会看出有何异状.
例句: Whether or not you were a great speller in school, no one will be the wiser if you utilize the spell check feature for all of your written work. (无论你在学校是否擅长拼写, 如果你在所有撰写工作中使用了拼字检查功能, 根本没有人会看得出来)

19. it doesn't wash
定义: 并不令人信服; 没法让人接受; 听起来没道理.
例句: That kind of excuse may have worked in high school, but it doesn't wash with me. The deadline for the paper is tomorrow, no extensions. (这种借口在读高中时可能会管用, 但对我不管用.论文的最后期限是明天, 不得延期)

20. get/be disgusted at/with, to
定义: 对某人或某事产生厌恶或极度失望.
例句: I am totally disgusted at you for stealing money out of my purse. Why would you do something like that? (我对你从我钱包里偷钱感到非常失望. 你为什么会做那种事?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Baidu [Spider] 和 314 访客