royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1244

帖子 royl » 周五 3月 08, 2024 7:42 pm

二十笔实用成语 1244

01. don't give someone a blank check
定义: 不要给某人一张空白支票; 不要让某人为所欲为.
例句: Don't give anyone a blank check and don't take them at face value. (不要纵容任何人为所欲为, 也不要轻信任何人)

02. don't put yourself at risk
定义: 不要让自己处于危险之中; 别危害你自身安全.
例句: If you're out at night, don't put yourself at risk by drinking too much. Don't going off alone, or leaving with someone you don't know. (如果妳在夜间出门的话, 不要饮酒过量以致危害妳自身安全. 不要独自离开, 也不要和陌生人一起离开)

03. it doesn't ring a bell
定义: 不记得了; 记忆里没有这个印象.
例句: "Have you ever heard of Steve Robinson?" "Hmm, the name doesn't ring a bell." ("你听过史蒂夫•罗宾逊这个人吗?" "嗯, 记忆里没有这个人." )

04. not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth
定义: 并不是每个人都出身富贵之家.
例句: Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with wanting a good living, but keep in mind that not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth. (别误会我, 想过好日子并没有错, 但 要记住, 不是每个人都出身富贵之家)

05. maybe, we can work this out
定义: 也许我们可以满意地解决这个问题.
例句: Maybe we can work this out. Maybe we can both put in effort this time and come out ahead. (也许我们可以满意地解决这个问题. 也许我们俩这次能够同心协力, 取得成功)

06. as a matter of fact, yes
定义: 事实上, 是的. (注: 这是一句回答, 给询问者一个肯定答覆)
例句: "Do you really speak English?" "As a matter of fact, yes I do." ("你真的会说英语吗?" "是的, 其实我会说英语.")

07. do the facts matter?
定义: 事实重要吗? (注: 这句话不是问人而是谴责有些人根本无视于事实的存在而继续胡说或择恶固执)
例句: Do the facts matter to you? If so then you should set out for yourself to learn about the truth. (事实对你来说重要吗? 如果是的话, 那么你就应当亲力亲为地去挖掘真相)

08. things could be worse
定义: 事态或情况有可能更糟. (注: 意指别难过, 事情进展虽然不顺心, 但也还没糟到不可收拾地步)
例句: "How are you?" "Not too bad; things could be worse." ("你好吗?" "还不错; 情况有可能更糟")

09. things are going just fine
定义: 情势进展得很顺利.
例句: "Things are going just fine the way they are. Why worry about your perfect world?" "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." ("情势进展得这么顺利. 你为什么还要忧心你的完美 世界?" "一分预防胜似十分治疗啊.")

10. sir/ma'am?
定义: 什么, 先生? 什么, 女士? 我没听清楚. (注: 礼貌地请求对方再说一遍)
例句: Sir? Can you repeat please? (什么, 先生? 能不能请你再说一遍?)

11. let's call it a day
定义: 今天就到此为止; 今天工作就做到这里.
例句: I'm getting a little tired now. Let's call it a day. (我现在有点疲劳了. 今天就到此为止吧)

12. I'm rooting for Jack today
定义: 我今天是来为杰克加油打气.
例句: I'm rooting for you today. If anyone is going to come out a winner, it's going to be you! (我今天是来为你加油打气的. 如果有人会胜出的话, 那肯定就是你!)

13. come out a winner, to
定义: 胜出; 获胜.
例句: The two competing smartphones are the hottest models on the market right now, but who will come out a winner in our head-to-head comparison? (这两款在竞争的智慧型手机是目前市场上最热门的型号 , 但哪一款会在我们这场针锋相对的竞赛中胜出呢?)

14. fix a meal, to
定义: 准备餐食; 烹饪饭食.
例句: I'm going to fix you a delicious breakfast to get your day started off right. (我要为你做一顿可口的早餐, 让你今天有个美好的开始)

15. he/she doesn't know what he's/she's talking about
定义: 他/她不知道自己在说什么; 他/她(对这件事)不懂装懂; 他/她在胡诌. (注: 意指他/她对某事没有充分的了解却在高谈阔论 它)
例句: He doesn't know what he's talking about – he's never even been to Africa. (他根本不知道自己在说什么 – 他连非洲都没去过)

16. he killed two birds with one stone
定义: 他一举解决了两个问题. (注: killed two birds with one stone意指一石两鸟或一举两得)
例句: I killed two birds with one stone by picking the kids up on the way to the supermarket. (我在去超市的路上顺便接了孩子, 一举两得)

17. he is up to no good
定义: 他不怀好意; 他不安好心.
例句: I could tell from the look on Tom's face that he was up to no good. (我可以从汤姆脸上的表情看出他不怀好意)

18. one's own doing
定义: 自己所造成的问题; 自食其果.
例句: His banning was his own doing. (他之所以被封禁乃是他自己造成的)

19. won't say anything
定义: 不表意见; 什么事都不说.
例句: I don't really like any of his work anyway so I won't say anything about his methods. (我反正不喜欢他的任何作品, 所以我当然不会提到他用的手法)

20. have anything/something/etc. to say about, to
定义: 有意见要说; 具有影响力; [英国]对某人或某事的发生表达愤怒.
例句: "I'm going to the party no mater what." "Not if I have anything to say about it." ("我不管, 我就是要去参加这个派对." "除非我阻止不了你, 你才去得成." 注: 这里的"Not if I have anything to say about it"其意义等于"Not if I can stop you")

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Bing [Bot] 和 240 访客