royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1245

帖子 royl » 周一 3月 18, 2024 10:37 am

二十笔实用成语 1245

01. not much I can do about it
定义: 对此事我无能为力; 我也没办法.
例句: There isn't much I can do about it if you don't like me. (你如果不喜欢我, 我也没办法呀)

02. weak from ..., be
定义: 由于某原因而虚弱. (注: 在此介词from的意思是...的原因)
例句: We were weak from our unbalanced diet and every movement was an effort. (由于饮食不均衡我们身体虚弱, 每做一个动作都费劲)

03. he has done an admirable job
定义: 他做了一件出色的工作. (注: 提醒读者, 这里的He has可以缩写为He's; 所以He's不止是He is, He was, 也可以指He has)
例句: He's done an admirable job of managing clients' investments, and coaching them to make better money decisions. (在管理客户投资和指导客户们做出更好的资金运用决策的工作上, 他做得非常出色)

04. does what he thinks the right thing
定义: 做出他所认为是正确的事.
例句: When asked what he thought the right thing would be for the states to do, he said, "I don't know." And this, is the man millions of people are rallying around to lead our nation! (当被问 及各州应当做出什么是他认为是正确的事的时候, 他说, "我不知道." 这就是那个千百万人所拥护的我们国家领袖!)

05. he is in his sixties
定义: 他六十多岁了.
例句: When I was in my twenties seems like only yesterday. I thought I'd never grow older and my hair would never gray. (我二十多岁的时候仿佛就在昨天. 我曾以为我永远不会变老 , 我的头发永远不会变花白)

06. he's done it again
定义: 他再度取得了成功; 他又干了那件坏事.
例句: She's done it again! She has succeeded in bringing changes to our lives. (她再度取得了成功! 她圆满地为我们的生活带来了转变)

07. he's doing 90
定义: 他开到时速九十英哩. (注: He's是He was的简写; do+数字在此用于以某个时速行驶车辆)
例句: I've got a speeding ticket this morning. This is my second speeding ticket ever. I've got caught doing 64 in a 45-limit zone. (今天早上我吃了一张超速罚单. 这是我开车以来 收到的第二张超速罚单. 我在速限45英哩的街域内开到64英哩因而被拦下来)

08. he has eyes on the back of his head
定义: 他脑后长了眼睛. (注: 意指他连背后发生的事也看得见)
例句: So, unless the defendant had "eyes on the back of his head" as the saying goes or, he could not have been peeking the screen for information. (所以, 除非被告像俗话所说的"后脑勺上长了眼睛 ", 否则他不可能偷看得到屏幕上的信息)

09. he is most likely the one who did it
定义: 他最可能就是做这件事的人.
例句: I nailed the killer but have found no logical conclusion as to why that person was most likely the one who did it. (我虽然抓住了这名凶手, 但我还没得出此人为什么是最可能凶嫌的合理结论 )

10. breathing fire, be
定义: 大发雷霆, 怒不可遏.
例句: Unless you want to get yelled at, stay away from Tom today. He's breathing fire over that traffic accident. (除非你想挨骂, 否则今天还是离汤姆远一点. 他正为了那起交通事故大发雷霆)

11. have some explaining to do, to
定义: 他必须要跟某人做出解释. (注: 意指他必须要跟某人解释他所做的事或所说的话以免引发某人不满)
例句: It looks like I have some explaining to do. You are quite right; I did misunderstand your original remarks, and I stand corrected. (看样子, 我得跟你解释一下了. 你说得很对; 我确实误解 了你原来的话, 我认错)

12. he doesn't care about me
定义: 他不关心我; 他不在乎我; 他才不甩我.
例句: What does it mean when your partner doesn't care about you? Is it possible that they're going through a rough patch or trying hard to cope with the turn of events? (当你的伴侣不关心你的时候, 它意味着什么? 有没有可能他/她正在经历一段艰难的时刻, 或竭力地应付某桩突发事件?)

13. liar he is not
定义: 他绝不是个骗子.
例句: Jack is many things, but liar he is not. I remember his mom said that Jack hates betrayal most of all. (虽然杰克有许多优缺点, 但他绝不是个骗子. 我记得他妈妈说过, 杰克最痛恨的是背叛)

14. here's the thing
定义: 事情是这样的; 问题是这样的.
例句: "I don't get why she's acting this way." "Here's the thing about Sally. One moment, she's your best friend in the whole world. The next, she barely gives you the time of day." ("我 不明白她为什么变成这样." "莎莉就是这样的人. 前一刻, 她还是你世上最好的朋友. 下一刻, 她就对你不理不睬了.")

15. poor thing
定义: 可怜的人或动物.
例句: You poor thing, you must be freezing and hungry. (可怜的人儿, 你一定又冷又饿)

16. a rotten thing to say
定义: 说得多难听; 说出这种话.
例句: The doctor said to me, "You realize this isn't curable?" and I thought "What a rotten thing to say." He should have said, "You realize we are yet to find a cure?" (这名 医生对我说, "你知道这病是无法治愈的吗?", 我心里想, "怎么说出这种话." 他应当说, "你知道我们还没找到治愈方法?")

17. he stands by his principle
定义: 他捍卫, 坚持或坚守他的原则.
例句: He's the only actor who stood by his principle of making family films for three and a half decades now. (他是三十五年来唯一的一位坚守拍摄适于全家都可以观赏的电影原则的演员)

18. he trained as a plumber
定义: 他是受过培训的水管工. (注: 请注意本句的trained属于主动形式, 就是接受培训之意. 如果你使用被动语气的he was trained as a plumber, 也一样适用)
例句: Professionally, he trained as a lawyer, but eventually went on to teach English literature at Nanjing University. (专业方面, 他是一名受过培训的律师, 但一段时间之后, 他便去南京大学教授英国文学. 注 : 请注意, 这里的eventually最适当的翻译应当是after some time)

19. he is a down-to-earth man
定义: 他是一个脚踏实地的人.
例句: She's a down-to-earth woman who doesn't feel the need to compare herself to others, so it's easy for her to accept people as they are. (她是一个脚踏实地的女人, 不觉得有必要跟别人比 来比去, 因此她很容易跟别人融洽相处)

20. he is a liar/fake/sham from start to finish
定义: 他是个彻头彻尾的骗子, 伪装者, 或虚伪的人.
例句: Many people believed he could save them from their financial ruin, but I knew he was a sham from start to finish. (许多人相信他能够把他们从倾家荡产的困境里拯救出来, 但我知道他是个彻头彻尾骗子)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 313 访客