royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1246

帖子 royl » 周二 4月 02, 2024 10:46 pm

二十笔实用成语 1246

01. in a league of one's/its own, be
定义: 居于同侪中佼佼者; 优于同辈的领军人物; 脱颖而出的杰出人物.
例句: As a lawyer, Janice is truly in a league of her own. (身为一名律师, 珍妮丝的确是她同业中的佼佼者)

02. what has he done for you lately?
定义: 他最近又为你做了些什么?
例句: What has she done for you lately to deserve the things she is asking from you? Are you willing to do the same things for me? (她最近又为你做了什么值得你付出这些努力? 你愿意为我做 同样的事吗?)

03. he will make it
定义: 他会赶得上某班车的; 他会顺利地到达某地的; 他会达成任务的; 他会克服病魔的; 他会康复回来的; 他会苏醒过来的.
例句: Later that night, I sat on the front yard steps waiting for my dog to come home. But it was too dark and mom called me inside saying, "Don't worry, he'll make it." (那天晚些 时候, 我坐在前院台阶上等待我的狗回家. 但是天色已晚, 妈妈叫我回屋里并说, "别担心, 他会回来的.")
图片
前院台阶

04. he has a great pair of hands
定义: 他有一双很灵巧的手.
例句: It turns out that he's a great pilot. He's got a great pair of hands, and I'm very comfortable flying with him. (事实证明他是一名优秀的飞行员. 他有一双很灵巧的手, 和他 一起飞行我感觉很放心)

05. does he have anything to say?
定义: 他有什么话要说或为自己辩解?
例句: Does he have anything to say about his decision to retire? (对于他退休的决定他有什么话要说吗?)

06. weigh one's options, to
定义: 权衡或评估自己的选择.
例句: There are a lot of factors and possible outcomes at play, so we need to weigh our options before making a final decision. (此事涉及到很多因素和可能出现的结果, 因此我们做出最终决定之前需要权衡我们 的选择)

07. he beat me to it
定义: 他比我抢先达到, 做到或得到.
例句: I was going to suggest that idea to the boss today, but unfortunately one of my co-workers beat me to it. (我本来打算今天把这个想法告诉老板的, 但不幸的是, 我的一个同事比我 抢先了一步)

08. he is out to get you
定义: 他决心要惩罚你, 伤害你, 报复你或攻击你. (注: 这里的He is out to get you = He is determined to hurt you)
例句: I'm worried that one of my co-workers is out to get me. I think he really wants my job. (我担心我的一个同事想要对我不利. 我觉得他很想要抢走我的 工作)

09. his marriage was broken up
定义: 他的婚姻破裂了; 他离婚了.
例句: My best friend's marriage was broken up by her husband who ran off with another woman. (我闺密的婚姻被她丈夫与另一个女人的私奔给破坏了)

10. he makes a decent income
定义: 他的收入还不错.
例句: My husband and I make a decent income but we still try to live within our means. (我和我先生的收入还不错, 但我们仍旧努力量入为出)

11. his life is a mess
定义: 他的生活一团糟.
例句: His whole life is a mess and he doesn't know how to fix it. I heard he wants to leave his wife but not sure what to do afterward. (他整个人生就是一团糟, 而他却不知道如何纠正生活 方式. 我还听说他想离开他的妻子, 却不知道离开了他妻子之后该怎么办)

12. is he everything he says he is?
定义: 他真的像他所说的那样吗? (注: 意指此人是否言行一致)
例句: Is he everything he says he is? Is he really that trustworthy? You think so? Seriously? (他真的像他所说的那样吗? 他真的那么值得信赖吗? 你是这么认为吗? 你是当真 的吗?)

13. he knows what it takes to win
定义: 他知道如何才能致胜.
例句: Jim doesn't need my counsel. He's been coaching a long time and he knows what it takes to win. (吉姆不需要寻求我的建议. 他做教练工作已有许多年了, 他知道如何才能致胜)

14. understand/know one's role, to
定义: 知道自己在这个团队该扮演什么角色.
例句: You have to be sure that everyone knows his role in work. In our work, people were divided into groups and everyone was responsible for something else. (你必须确保每个人都知道自己在工作上该扮演什么角色. 在 我们的工作中, 人们被分成小组, 每个人都各司其职)

15. he just packed up and left
定义: 他突然打包离开; 他突然不告而别. (注: 这里的packed up乃是指, 收拾好自己的物品, 打包, 准备带走)
例句: It's been 2 weeks since I packed up and left my partner. The first 3-4 days I was crying non-stop, having anxiety attacks and thinking to myself "what have I done?" (我突然不告而别, 离开我的伴侣已经两个星期了. 最初的三, 四天, 我不停地哭泣, 焦虑不堪, 心里叨念着"我造了什么孽?")

16. mother's message eventually sinks in on him
定义: 他终于听进了或明白了他母亲的话.
例句: It finally sank in on me what Natalie was saying, "I've been thinking, maybe it would be better if you didn't come here anymore." (我终于明白了娜塔莉所说的话, "我一直 在想, 也许你以后最好不要再来这里了.")

17. he tested negative
定义: 他经检测呈阴性. (注: 这里的tested negative乃是指, 结果显示出此人没有被检测到某种疾病或病原体)
例句: It's been a week since I tested negative for Covid, but I don't feel totally better. Why am I still sick? (我的新冠病毒经检测呈阴性已经一周了, 但我并没有感觉彻底痊愈. 为什么 我还是感觉不舒服?)

18. he tested positive
定义: 他经检测呈阳性. (注: 这里的tested positive乃是指, 检测结果显示出此人感染了某种疾病或病原体)
例句: I tested positive for TB back in my early-20s. I was fine, but I still tested positive, and so the county health officials were on me like flies to manure. (我二十出头的时候肺结核经检测呈阳性 . 我那时身体状况相当好, 但我的检测结果仍是阳性, 所以县卫生局官员不停地追踪我的病情, 令我烦不胜烦)

19. he's always been there for me whenever I need help
定义: 他总是在我需要帮助的时候给予及时援助.
例句: You've always been there for me when I needed it most, and your unwavering support has made a huge difference in my life. (你总是在我最需要帮助的时候给予我及时的援助, 你对我坚定 不移的支持给我的生活带来巨大的改善)

20. he always comes through in the clutch
定义: 他总是有办法在关键时刻胜出. (注: in the clutch乃是在紧要关头, 关键时刻中)
例句: Marta is our most reliable attorney. She always comes through in the clutch. (玛尔塔是我们最可靠的律师. 她总是有办法在紧要关头胜出)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 175 访客