royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1248

帖子 royl » 周三 4月 10, 2024 11:35 pm

二十笔实用成语 1248

01. reek of, to
定义: 充满难闻的气味; 给人某种印象或感觉.
例句: The verdict of the trial reeks of prejudice. (这个案子的判决给人一种充满偏见的感觉)

02. aren't you the guy who ...?
定义: 你不就是那个...的人吗?
例句: Aren't you the guy who took a cheap potshot at me because I disagreed with you? (你不就是那个因为我不同意你的观点就对我发出卑鄙攻击的人吗?)

03. don't you read the newspapers?
定义: 你不看报纸啊? (注: 抱怨或讥讽某人不知最近新闻)
例句: Don't you read the newspapers? The laws have changed. It's now legal to use and possess recreational marijuana in our state. (你不看报纸啊? 法律已经修改了. 如今在我们州内使用和持有休闲 大麻是合法的)

04. don't you watch the news?
定义: 你不看新闻啊? (注: 抱怨或讥讽某人不知最近新闻)
例句: "Don't you watch the news?" "No, I don't watch the news anymore. I'm now feeling calmer, less stressed and more optimistic." ("你不看新闻啊?" "不, 我不再看新闻了. 我现在心情变得更平静, 压力没有以前那么大, 人也变得更乐观了.")

05. you don't know how happy I am to see you
定义: 你不知道我有多高兴看到你.
例句: You don't know how happy I am to see you. I'm so glad you're OK. I truly mean it. I hope your recovery is progressing well. (你不知道见到你我有多高兴. 很高兴你平安无大碍. 我说的是真心话. 我希望你顺利地康复)

06. a bit of overkill wouldn't you say?
定义: 你不觉得有点小题大作吗? 你不觉得有点过份吗? (注: a bit of 是有点之意)
例句: All we need is a new car, but this truck seems a bit of overkill wouldn't you say? (我们所需要的只是一部新车, 但这辆卡车, 你不觉得有点小题大作吗?)

07. did you have fun today?
定义: 你今天玩的尽兴吗? (注: fun与funny同样是形容词; fun是愉快, 尽兴之意, 而funny是好笑, 滑稽之意, 请分清楚)
例句: "Did you have fun today?" "Yes, I had a lot of fun but the best part, I made a very good friend." ("你今天玩的尽兴吗?" "是的, 我玩得很 开心, 但最重要的是, 我交上了一个非常知心的朋友.")

08. call me when you arrive
定义: 你到了就给我打电话.
例句: Drive carefully, OK? Call me when you arrive there. (小心开车, 好吗? 你到了那儿就给我打电话)

09. you had me scared there for a moment
定义: 你刚才一时之间吓我一跳. (注: 因为别人开玩笑或误解, 你吓一跳或尴尬了一阵子, 但是经由别人解释之后, 你才松了一口气)
例句: You had me scared there for a moment. I thought you were going to leave us stranded here all night. (你刚才一时之间吓我一跳. 我还以为你要把我们丢在这里整夜不管呢)

10. make sure you ask the right questions
定义: 你务必要问对问题. (注: 许多美国人把切题或合宜的问题视为right questions. 他们在讨论中最忌讳的是与主题无关的问题, 和跳跃式的思路)
例句: Make sure you ask the right questions. Don't ask, "What do you want the report to look like?" Rather ask, "What are you trying to accomplish?" (你务必要问对问题. 别问人家 , "你希望这份报告是什么样子?" 你应当问, "你想要达成什么样的成果?")

11. you're just buttering me up
定义: 你只是在奉承我.
例句: "You're just buttering me up." "No, I mean it. That was the best song I ever heard. Seriously." ("你只是在奉承我." "不, 我是说真的. 这 是我所听过的最好听的歌. 真的.")

12. look for a dog to kick, to
定义: 找一个替罪之人.
例句: If you're looking for a dog to kick, try blame yourself. Take ownership of your life and look inward in regards to dealing with your own problems. (如果你在找一个替罪之人, 那就怪你自己 吧. 掌握自己的生命, 在面对自己的问题时, 先反省自己)

13. you can call me during the day
定义: 你可以在白天打电话给我.
例句: You can call me during the day at 212-555-1234 between 7 am and 3 pm. (你可以在白天早上7点至下午3点之间拨打212-555-1234这个号码, 打电话给我)

14. you can feel the electricity
定义: 你可以感受到洋溢的热情. (注: 这里的electricity可以解释为热情或紧张的气氛)
例句: When the game became tied you could feel the electricity in the crowd. (当比赛打成平手的时候, 你可以感受到观众中弥漫的紧张气氛)

15. is it/that all right with you
定义: 你同意吗? 你觉得可以吗?
例句: Is it all right with you if I turn off the air conditioner? (我可以关掉冷气吗?)

16. is it/that OK/okay with you?
定义: 你同意吗? 你认为那样可以吗?
例句: If you do the dishes, I'll sweep and mop the dining room. Is that OK with you? (如果你洗碗的话, 那我就扫拖餐厅地板. 你同意这个安排吗?)

17. are you putting me on?
定义: 你在跟我开玩笑吗? 你在逗我吗?
例句: Are you putting me on? I can never tell when you're being serious or facetious. (你在逗我玩吗? 我总是搞不清楚你到底是认真的还是在开玩笑)

18. you can bank on it!
定义: 你大可放心!
例句: I will be there on time. You can bank on it! (我一定会准时到那儿的. 你大可放心!)

19. how do you do?
定义: 你好吗? (注: 此句大多作为与陌生人第一次碰面所使用的寒暄话)
例句: How do you do, Miss Jones. I am Tony Hill. What's the dog's name? (妳好, 琼斯小姐. 我是东尼•希尔. 妳这只狗叫什么名字?)

20. how are things going?
定义: 你好吗? 你近况如何? 事情进展如何?
例句: Hey, great to see you again! How are things going? (嘿, 很高兴再次见到你! 你还好吗?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 169 访客