royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1249

帖子 royl » 周一 4月 15, 2024 10:31 pm

二十笔实用成语 1249

01. it's going to cost you
定义: 你将要(为此)付出代价.
例句: This may sound like a shortcut, but it's going to cost you in the long run. I absolutely believe that'll happen. (这听起来好像是一条捷径, 但从长远的角度来看, 你还是会为此 付出代价. 我相信它绝对会发生)

02. don't get smart with me
定义: 你对我客气点; 别跟我顶嘴; 别跟我耍花样.
例句: Just clean up your room like I asked you to, and don't get smart with me. (照我的要求把你的房间打扫干净就行了, 别跟我耍花样)

03. your insult is uncalled-for
定义: 你对我的侮辱是不公平的, 没必要的或粗暴无礼的. (注: 意指你无凭无据或没调查清楚事实就羞辱我)
例句: Your insults are uncalled-for. In fact, your attacks show you don't have a real argument to offer up. (你对我的侮辱是不公平的. 事实上, 你的攻击正表明了你没有事实 为依据的心虚)

04. I have no clue as to what is going on
定义: 我不知道发生了什么事; 我对所发生的事一点都不知道.
例句: I have no clue as to what is going on and have no idea about what to do next. That's why I'm here to seek your guidance. (我不知道发生了什么事, 也不知道下一步该怎么做 . 这就是为什么我来这里寻求你的指导)

05. are you familiar with ...?
定义: 你熟悉...吗?
例句: I'm lost. Are you familiar with this area? (我迷路了. 你熟悉这一带道路吗?)

06. cat got your tongue?
定义: 你干嘛不说话了? 舌头被猫叼走啦? (注: 意指在争论或吵架时某人一时语塞被人逼问之语)
例句: "What's wrong, sonny? Cat got your tongue?" "Oh, he's just shy around new people, that's all." ("怎么了, 孩子? 你干嘛不说话了?" "哦, 他只是在生 人面前有点害羞, 他就是这样.")

07. how did you make it?
定义: 你怎么做到的? (注: make it有达成, 成功, 发达, 熬过了艰难痛苦日子, 到达的意思)
例句: "How did you make it so far with so little money?" "I think it's all about living within your means, and prioritizing what is important to you." ("你是怎么花费这么少的钱撑到现在的 ?" "我认为一切都在于量入为出, 并且依照开销的重要性来安排主次先后, 轻重缓急的顺序.")

08. how could you do this to me?
定义: 你怎么可以这样对我?
例句: "You know I trusted you, yet you still betrayed me. How could you do this to me?" "Don't believe what they told you. I swear I have never betrayed you!" ("你明明知道我信任 你, 可你还是背叛了我. 你怎么能这么对我?" "不要相信他们告诉你的话. 我发誓我从没背叛过你!")

09. how are you going to beat ...?
定义: 你打算如何找到比...还更好的...? 你打算如何战胜...? 你打算如何熬过...? 你打算如何克服...?
例句: "How are you going to beat the heat this weekend?" "First, I'll drink plenty of water. Second, I'll see a movie and cool off in the theater." ("这个周末你打算如何克服 高温天气?" "首先, 我会喝大量的水. 第二, 我会去看场电影同时在电影院里吹冷气.")

10. what's up with you?
定义: 你怎么啦?
例句: "What's up with you? You look so pale." "I think I messed up my final exam." ("怎么啦? 你看起来脸色好苍白." "我想我期末考搞砸了.")

11. would you like to pitch in?
定义: 你愿意帮忙吗? 你愿意出一份力吗?
例句: Would you like to pitch in and help with relief efforts? The best way to help is donate money through a financial contribution at redcross.org. (你愿意为救灾工作出一份力吗? 最好的帮助方式就是在 redcross.org网上捐款)

12. what makes you think ...?
定义: 你凭什么认为...?
例句: "I don't believe this is going to work." "What makes you think so? I've run the numbers multiple times." ("我不相信这会成功." "你凭什么认为不会成功? 我已经多次运算过这些数字了.")

13. let us know what you come up with
定义: 你找到了答案, 就告诉我们.
例句: Please try to delve into the problem and let me know what you come up with. (请你试着深入研究这个问题, 你找到了答案, 就告诉我)

14. go bait someone else
定义: 去找别人麻烦吧.
例句: You're nothing but a troll. Go bait someone else. (你就是一个彻头彻尾的网路混混. 去找别人麻烦吧. 注: 这里的troll就是在网路上故意惹事生非, 激怒网友的网路 混混)

15. how dumb do you think I am?
定义: 你真把我当傻瓜吗?
例句: Of course, I turned the stove off before we left. How dumb do you think I am? (在我们离开之前, 我当然把炉子关了. 你真把我当傻瓜吗?)

16. what do you think you're doing with my things?
定义: 你拿我的东西干嘛?
例句: "What do you think you're doing with my phone?" she snapped. "I thought Cindy forgot her phone. Her phone's identical to yours." (她怒气冲冲地说, "你拿我的手机干嘛? " "我以为辛蒂把她的手机忘在这儿. 她的手机跟妳的一模一样.")

17. do you follow me?
定义: 你明白我的意思吗?
例句: "Do you follow me?" "I didn't quite catch that, could you explain it again?" ("你明白我的意思吗?" "我没听清楚, 你能再解释一遍吗?")

18. follow one's nose, to
定义: 往直走; 追踪气味, 寻找气味的来源; 相信自己的直觉.
例句: To get to the restaurant, just follow your nose down High Star Street. (你只要顺着高星街一直走下去, 就可以到达那家餐厅)

19. are you a man or a mouse?
定义: 你到底是个男子汉还是一个胆小鬼? (注: 意指向某人挑战时, 激怒某人所说的话)
例句: Are you a man or a mouse? I know it's scary, but you have to stand up for what's right. (你到底是个男子汉还是个胆小鬼? 我知道这件事令人畏怯, 但你必须为正义挺身而 出)

20. are you by any chance ...?
定义: 你是否正巧...? 你是否正好...?
例句: "Are you by any chance free tonight?" "Yes, I'm free tonight. What did you have in mind?" ("你正好今晚有空吗?" "是的, 我今晚有空. 你打算要干嘛?")

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 151 访客