royl
帖子: 1772
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1252

帖子 royl » 周四 5月 02, 2024 3:04 am

二十笔实用成语 1252

01. have you any conscience?
定义: 你还有一点良心吗?
例句: Have you any conscience at all? Please stop defrauding your customers with your false claims. (你还有一点良心吗? 请你停止利用虚假声明来欺骗你的客户)

02. we're not in the clear just yet
定义: 我们还没被证明是无辜的; 我们还没完全脱离险境或完全安全.
例句: While rates of infections have been coming down but we are not in the clear just yet. (虽然染病率已经下降, 但我们还没完全脱离疫情的风险)

03. are you comfy?
定义: 你还舒适吗? (注: comfy是comfortable的缩写)
例句: "Are you comfy?" "Very. Sleeping in this cozy bed can do wonders to help me relax and regain energy." ("你还舒适吗?" "非常舒适. 睡在这张舒适的床上能够神奇地 帮助我放松和恢复精力.")

04. don't you hate this?
定义: 你难道不讨厌这个吗?
例句: Don't you hate this kind of situation when you cannot understand how the problem happened and how it's resolved? (当你不知道这个问题是怎么发生的, 又不知道如何解决它的时候, 难道你不讨厌这 种情况吗?)

05. does it not occur to you ...?
定义: 你难道没想到...?
例句: Does it not occur to you that she has feelings? But he still replies that her future is not his concern. (你有没有想过她也有情感的? 但他还是回答说, 她的未来不是他所在乎的)

06. don't you have any sense?
定义: 你难道没有一点判断事情的能力吗?
例句: Don't you have any sense of self-preservation? Don't you realize that he's a murderous psychopath? Run, run for your life! (你难道没有一点自我保护意识吗? 你难道不知道他是个杀人变态 狂吗? 快跑, 逃命吧!)

07. haven't you heard?
定义: 你难道没听到(这消息)吗?
例句: "Haven't you heard the news?" "No. I haven't. What is it?" "Our company is planning to let go of 10% of its workforce." ("你难道没听到这个消息吗 ?" "我没听到这个消息. 是什么消息呀?" "我们公司计划要解雇10%的员工.")

08. how about a cup of coffee?
定义: 来杯咖啡怎么样?
例句: "How about a cup of coffee?" "Yeah sure. Make it black." ("来杯咖啡怎么样?" "好呀. 那就给我一杯黑咖啡吧.")

09. is that you, Paul?
定义: 保罗, 是你吗?
例句: "Is that you, John?" "What can I do for you?" "Just need some advice on my taxes." ("约翰, 是你吗?" "有什么事我可以为你效劳的吗? " "我只是需要一些税务方面的意见.")

10. I wouldn't go there if I were you
定义: 如果我是你的话, 我决不会提起这件(不愉快的)事. (注: 这里的go there乃是指准备要谈论某件不愉快的事)
例句: "So, do you ever hear from your ex-husband?" "I wouldn't go there if I were you. That divorce trial still gives me a headache!" ("妳有妳前夫的消息吗?" " 如果我是妳的话, 我决不会提起这件伤心事. 那件离婚诉讼仍旧令我头疼不已!")

11. I would think long and hard if I were you
定义: 假如我是你的话, 我会冷静地深思一番.
例句: I'd think long and hard if I were you before you feel the overwhelming desire coming on, to trash someone else's work. (如果我是你的话, 我会在强烈的想要诋毁别人作品的冲动涌上心头之前 , 冷静地深思一番)

12. if amnesty for the criminals was not bad enough, I don't know what else is
定义: 如果对这些罪犯们的特赦还不够恶劣的话, 我真不知道还有什么是恶劣的. (注: 意指罪犯们不但没受到应有的惩罚反而将他们特赦, 岂非是恶劣之极)
例句: I have done a great job, and if that wasn't impressive enough, I don't know what else is. (我的工作表现已经非常出色了, 如果这还不能够取得别人赞赏的话, 我真不 知道还有什么其他的办法了)

13. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this happens
定义: 如果这种事发生的话, 我一点都不会惊讶.
例句: I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the manufacturer is able to use that to void the warranty. (如果制造商设法利用它来作为声称此产品保固失效借口的话, 我一点都不会惊讶. 注: 最 经常造成产品保固失效的原因乃是消费者把密封的产品配件打开, 试图加以修理或好奇地看一看)

14. control yourself!
定义: 克制自己! 别激动!
例句: Control yourself! Don't let anger get the best of you. (克制自己! 不要让愤怒把你冲昏头)

15. it's what's inside that matters
定义: 内容, 内涵, 内心或内在美才是重要的.
例句: It is quite ironic because we are always told that "it's what's inside that matters" yet we seem to pay so much attention to those who are physically attractive. (真很讽刺, 由于我们总是被教导, "一个人的内在 美才是重要的", 但我们似乎却过于关注那些外表具有吸引力的人了)

16. it's really not all that complicated
定义: 其实没那么复杂.
例句: It's really not all that complicated, all you need to do is to follow the three-step guide below and it's done. (其实没那么复杂, 你所需要的就是按照以下的三步骤操作指南去做就可以了 )

17. so long, it's been nice to know you
定义: 再会, 很高兴认识你.
例句: So long, it's been nice to know you. I hope we cross paths again in the future. (再会, 很高兴认识你. 我希望我们将来能够再次相遇)

18. don't take things too seriously
定义: 凡事不要太认真; 对事情别太过于计较.
例句: Don't take things too seriously and remember to enjoy yourself. (凡事不要太认真, 记得要享受人生)

19. anything wrong?
定义: 出了什么事? 哪里不对了?
例句: "Anything wrong, son?" "Yes, my car can't pass annual inspection and I can't afford to get it fixed or buy a new one." ("出什么事了吗, 儿子?" "是 啊, 我的车无法通过年度检查, 我也没钱把它修理好或买一辆新车.")

20. every second counts!
定义: 分秒必争! (注: 意指时间十分宝贵, 不允许浪费)
例句: Every second counts! We must act fast and make progress with quick, bold, and decisive change to avoid further losses. (分秒必争! 我们必须尽快地行动, 以迅速, 无畏, 果断的变革取得进展, 以避免更多 的损失)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 104 访客