royl
帖子: 1773
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1253

帖子 royl » 周三 5月 08, 2024 7:39 pm

二十笔实用成语 1253

01. don't fall for it!
定义: 别上当! 不要受骗! 不要轻易相信!
例句: Don't fall for something that's too good to be true and from a source that you haven't verified. (不要轻易相信那些好得令人难以置信的东西, 也不要相信那些你没有核实过来源的消息 )

02. don't second-guess
定义: 别事后批评; 别放马后炮.
例句: Don't second-guess the umpire. (不要事后批评这个裁判的决定. 注: 这句话跟: Don't second-guess the umpire's decision的意义完全一样)

03. don't make me puke
定义: 别令我作呕.
例句: Don't make me puke. You've got to be mentally ill to enjoy something like this. (别令我作呕! 你肯定是心理不正常才会喜欢吃这种东西)

04. don't expect me to buy that!
定义: 别指望我相信那个! 别指望我吃这套!
例句: Try giving a more straightforward excuse as to why you can't come to work today. But don't you ever expect me to buy that bizarre story. (你可以试着给我一个更直接的理由来解释为什么今天 不能来上班. 但你别指望我会相信那个荒诞不经的故事)

05. don't shed your crocodile tears
定义: 别假惺惺地装难过或同情.
例句: Don't shed your crocodile tears. It was you and only you who caused her more pain than she could handle. (你也别假惺惺地装难过. 从头到尾就是你给她带来了她无法承受的痛苦 )

06. don't knock yourself out
定义: 别做得太辛苦, 不值得.
例句: Don't knock yourself out; we can finish this project tomorrow. (不要把自己累搞垮了; 我们明天也可以完成这个项目)

07. don't overdo it
定义: 别做过火; 别画蛇添足; 别过份夸张.
例句: You should exercise every day, but don't overdo it. (你应该每天锻炼身体, 但不要运动过度)

08. don't do that
定义: 不要那样做! 别做那事!
例句: Don't do that or you'll screw up your career. (不要那样做, 否则你会毁了你的职业生涯)

09. don't touch that
定义: 别碰那个东西.
例句: Don't touch that unless you want to lose a hand! I'm not kidding! (别碰它, 除非你想失去一只手! 我可不是开玩笑的!)

10. don't rush me
定义: 别催我.
例句: Don't rush me, I'm trying my best to speed that up, but it's a slow process to build a log cabin and get it right. (别催我, 我已经在尽量地加快速度, 但建造小 木屋并把它做得完善是一个缓慢的过程)

11. don't just take my word for it
定义: 别只相信我一面之辞. (注: 意指我还有证据让你看)
例句: Tiger prawns in my private oyster chilli sauce is so delicious, but don't just take my word for it, try it yourself. (用我私人配制的蚝油辣椒酱干烧的斑节对虾非常美味, 但不要只 相信我一面之词, 你自己尝尝吧)
图片
也称为草虾的斑节对虾

12. don't eat that
定义: 别吃那东西.
例句: Don't eat that, it's going to make you sick. (别吃那玩意儿, 它会让你生病的)

13. be quiet!
定义: 别吵! 安静!
例句: Be quiet! I'm trying to focus here. (安静! 我正在努力集中注意力. 注: 这里的here本身没有什么意义, 它只是用来加强语气)

14. Hey, I'm trying to work here!
[成语句型]喂, 我正在专心工作! (注: 这句话的意思是抗议别人的噪音或扰人心情的行为使你无法专心工作. 这里的here本身没有什么意义, 它只是用来加强 语气)

15. beneath contempt, be
定义: 令人不齿, 不屑一顾, 极为可鄙.
例句: Stealing the money was bad enough. Trying to get someone else blamed for it was beneath contempt. (偷钱已经够恶劣了. 试图让别人为此背黑锅的行为更令人不齿)

16. bore the pants off someone, to
定义: 令人感到极端无聊, 呆板, 索然无味.
例句: Carol bores the pants off me with her constant talk of beaux. (卡萝尔没完没了地谈论她的情人, 真把我烦死了)

17. don't tell me you don't know this
定义: 别告诉我你不知情; 别跟我装糊涂.
例句: Don't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about. I know you know, and you know I know. (别跟我假装你不知道我在说什么. 我知道你知道我的想法 , 而你也知道我知道)

18. don't ask
定义: 别问好不好. (注: 意指要求你别问一些稀奇古怪, 令人尴尬或太复杂又难解释的问题)
例句: "You mean she married and divorced a man in the same day? How is that possible?" "Don't ask." ("你是说她在同一天和一个男人结婚又离婚? 这怎么可能呢? " "别问好不好.")

19. don't upset the applecart
定义: 别坏了事, 别打乱了别人的安排或计划.
例句: Now don't upset the applecart by revealing what we're doing. (别把我们正在做的事泄漏出去以免坏打乱了我们的计划)

20. don't get too comfortable
定义: 别太掉以轻心; 别把问题想得太简单; 别安逸于现状.
例句: How long have you been in the IT industry? If you're still kind of green I wouldn't get too comfortable. But if you're almost ready to retire, hmm, why not stay put? (你在IT行业 干了多久? 如果你还是个新手, 我就不会安逸于现状. 但如果你快要退休了, 唔, 你为什么不静观其变, 别急着退休?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 18 访客