请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

详解介词behind

帖子 royl » 周二 7月 27, 2010 9:58 pm

详解介词behind

本文资料取自韦氏学习者字典, 如网友有兴趣阅读英语原文可以点击此连接: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/behind

1. 在后面:
Look behind you. (看你后面)
He was standing in front of me and she was standing behind [=in back of] me. (他站在我前面, 她站在我后面)
The older students entered the room first with the younger students following behind them. (年长学生先进室内而年青学生跟随其后)
The house is behind some trees. [=there are some trees in front of the house] (这栋房子前面有几棵树)
The cat hid behind the couch. (这只猫躲在长沙发椅后面)
The sun went/hid/was behind a cloud. (太阳躲在云后)

2. (比赛)落后:
“How far behind the other runners was she?” “At least 50 yards (behind them).” ("她落后其他赛跑者多少?" "起码五十码.")
They were ahead of us by 5 points earlier in the game, but now they're behind us by 7. (早前比赛时, 他们领先五分, 但现在他们落后七分)
The polls show that he is behind the other candidates. (民意调查显示他落后其他后选人)
The company is now behind the competition. (这家公司落后它的竞争者)

3 顺序, 功课, 额度, 预计落后:
He was a year behind me in school. [=he finished school a year after I did] : not happening or proceeding as quickly as (someone or something) (他在学校比我晚一年)
He was behind the other students in his studies. (他功课比其他学生落后)
This year's sales have lagged considerably/significantly behind last year's sales. [=sales have not been as good this year as they were last year] (今年销售额比去年差很多)
We're running about five minutes behind schedule. [=late] (我们跑得比计画表晚五分钟)

4a. 过去:
Those problems are behind us now. (这些问题已经成为过去)
Her best work is behind her. [=her best work was in the past] (她的最好作品已经成为过去)
He has many years of experience behind him. [=he has many years of experience in his past] (他有许多年的工作经验)

4b. 不再去想, 忘却:
Let's put our troubles behind us. [=let's stop thinking/worrying about our troubles] (我们要忘却过去的麻烦)

5a. 提出理由或解释:
We need to learn more about the conditions behind the strike. [=the conditions that led to the strike] (我们需要了解更多的罢工状况)
What was really behind his murder? [=what was the real reason for his murder?] (什么是谋杀的真实动机?)

5b. 为…负责:
We'll get to the bottom of this conspiracy and find out who's behind it! (我们会追根就底找出要为这个阴谋负责的人)

6a. 支持:
Despite the controversy, most of his supporters remain solidly behind him. (尽管这个争议, 他的大部分支持者仍坚决支持他)
We're behind you all the way! (我们支持你到底!)
I encourage everyone to get behind these proposals. [=to support these proposals] (我鼓励大家支持这些提案)

6b. 由于…的支持:
They won the game 1–0 behind brilliant pitching. [=brilliant pitching made it possible for them to win the game 1–0] (由于卓越的投球, 我们以一比零赢得球赛)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 14 访客