请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

详解介词between

帖子 royl » 周五 7月 30, 2010 12:17 am

详解介词between

本文资料取自韦氏学习者字典, 如网友有兴趣阅读英语原文可以点击此连接: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/between

1. 位于两者中间:
The ball rolled between the desk and the wall. (这颗球在办公桌跟墙壁中间滚动)
He stood between his mother and his father. (他站在他母亲与父亲中间)
The office has two desks with a table between them. (这间办公室有两张办公桌, 中间摆着一张桌子)
They put up a fence between their house and their neighbor's house. (他们在自己房屋与邻居房屋中间竖立篱笆)
There are fences between all the houses. —often used figuratively (所有房屋之间都有藩篱/篱笆)
a book that blurs the line/boundary between fact and fiction —often used in the phrase in between (一本介于事实与虚构之间的书籍)
There are fences in between all the houses. (所有房屋之间都有篱笆隔离)

2. 两件事件或行动中间的时间:
If you want to lose weight, you shouldn't eat between meals. (如果你要减肥, 你不应该在两餐中间吃东西)
Between bites of food, they talked to their teacher. (在饭食之间, 他们跟老师谈话)
The two days between Monday and Thursday are Tuesday and Wednesday. (在星期一与星期四之间是星期二跟星期三)
We should arrive between 9 and 10 o'clock. —often used in the phrase in between (我们应该会在九点跟十点之间到达)
You shouldn't eat in between meals. (你不应该在两餐中间吃东西)

3. 数字, 衡量的范围:
a number between 1 and 20 (在一与二十中一个数字)
The package weighs somewhere between a pound and a pound and a half. —sometimes used in the phrase in between (这个包裹的重量大约在一磅与一磅半之间)
a number in between 1 and 20 (在一与二十中一个数字)

4. 分配给两者或更多的人:
The property was divided equally between the son and the daughter. [=the son and the daughter received an equal share of the property] (财产平均分配给儿女)
His estate was divided between [=among] his four grandchildren. (他的遗产分配给他的四个孙子女)

5. 两者或更多的人一起造成的结果或影响:
She ate two hot dogs, and he ate three hot dogs, so between them they ate five hot dogs. (她吃了两条热狗, 他吃了三条热狗, 所以他们总共吃了五条热狗)
Between work and family life, she has no time for hobbies. [=because of all the time she spends on her work and family life, she has no time for hobbies] (在工作跟家庭生活中间, 她没有时间花在业余嗜好上)

6. 两者或两队参与比赛或活动:
There's a game tonight between the Red Sox and the Yankees. [=the Red Sox are playing a game against the Yankees tonight] (红袜队今晚对抗洋基队)

7. 两者或更多的人以某方式联合, 连接:
There are many relations/connections between linguistics, philosophy, and psychology. (语言学, 哲学, 心理学之间有许多的关联/关系)
There is a passageway between the two rooms. (两个房间有一条通道相连)
the bond between friends (朋友之间的凝聚力)
We used to love each other, but there's nothing between us now. [=we don't love each other now] (我们过去彼此相爱, 但是现在我们毫无感情)

8. 两者或更多的人或事或物被考量, 比较, 等等:
They compared the cars but found few differences between them. (他们比较几部车子, 但它们之间的差距不大)
We were allowed to choose between two/several options. (我们被允许选择两个/几个选项)
There's not much to choose between the two cars. [=the two cars are very similar] (这两部车没有什么可以选择=两部车太相似)
There is very little difference between the two cars. (这两部车没有什么相异之处)

9. 从一处移动到另一处:
He flies between Miami and Chicago twice a week. (每星期他搭乘飞机来往迈阿密与芝加哥之间)
The airline provides service between New York and Paris. (这家航空公司提供纽约与巴黎之间的飞航服务)

10. 两人之间的秘密:
They shared a secret between them. (他们分享两人之间的秘密)
(Just) Between you and me, I think he's wrong. [=I'm telling you that I think he's wrong, but you should not tell anyone else what I've told you] (只有你我两人知道, 我认为他是错的=我告诉你一件秘密, 千万别告诉别人, 我认为他是错的)
What I'm going to tell you should remain a secret (just) between us/ourselves. (我要告诉你的事情你别告诉别人, 你我知道就好了)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 30 访客