请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

详解介词beyond

帖子 royl » 周五 7月 30, 2010 3:59 am

详解介词beyond

本文资料取自韦氏学习者字典, 如网友有兴趣阅读英语原文可以点击此连接: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/beyond

1. 处于超越…至更远之处; 远距离:
From the house we can see the valley and the mountains beyond it. (从房子这里, 我们可以看到山谷以及更远的群山)
The parking area is just beyond those trees. (停车场在树林的另一端)
Our land extends beyond the fence to those trees. (我们的土地超越过篱笆一直到那些树丛为止)
planets beyond our solar system (在太阳系以外的行星)

2. 界限或范围之外; 超过, 大于, 多于:
The job is beyond his ability. [=the job is too hard for him; he is not capable of doing the job well] (这个工作超过他的能力)
Such a project is beyond the city's budget. [=the project is too expensive] (这个工作项目超过市政府的预算)
The results were beyond our expectations. [=were better than we expected] (这个结果超过我们的期望)
His influence does not extend beyond this department. (他的影响力无法超越出这个部门)
She became rich beyond her wildest dreams. [=became very rich] (她变为连作梦都想不到地富有=超越出她极大的想像空间)

* 这句话, if you live beyond your means, 意味着你花费比你赚的钱还多, 也就是入不敷出.
We need to stop living beyond our means and start saving some money. (我们必须停止入不敷出, 要开始存些钱)

3. 有些事情无法改变或可以理解, 等等:
The situation is beyond help. [=the situation cannot be made better; nothing can help the situation] (这个情况无法解救)
The city has changed beyond (all) recognition. [=it has changed so much that it looks completely different] (这个城市改变得都认不出来了)
The circumstances are beyond our control. [=we cannot control the circumstances] (这个情况不是我们能够掌握的)
The stories she tells are beyond belief. [=are not believable] (她所告诉我们的故事简直不可思议)
His irresponsible actions are beyond comprehension/understanding. [=cannot be understood] (他的不负责任的行为令人无法里解)

*这句话, if something is beyond you, 你无法理解.
“Why is he going?” “It's beyond me.” (“他为什么去…?” “我也无法理解”)
How she was able to afford the trip is beyond me. (她能够付得起这个旅游令我不解)

4. 在某一日期或年龄之后继续一段时间:
The program is unlikely to continue beyond next year. [=it will probably end after next year] (这个工作项目不可能继续到后年=这个工作项目只可能继续到明年某一时间就停止)
She plans to continue working beyond the usual retirement age. (她计画在退休后还继续工作)

5. 除此之外:
There were no other problems with the house beyond [=besides] the leaky roof. (除了屋顶漏水之外, 这个房子没别的问题)
I knew nothing about him beyond [=except] what he told me. (除了他告诉我有关他的事情之外, 我对他一无所知)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 61 访客