请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

详解介词like, near

帖子 royl » 周三 8月 04, 2010 1:48 am

详解介词like, near

本文资料取自韦氏学习者字典, 如网友有兴趣阅读英语原文可以点击此连接: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/like

1. 像, 有如…一样:
The house looks like a barn. (这栋房子看起来像农仓)
Real life isn't at all like life in the movies. = Real life isn't at all like the movies. (真实生活并不都像电影里描述的生活)
It's like when we were kids. (这像我们回到孩提时光一样)
She's not very (much) like her sister. (她不像她姊妹一样)
She's not at all like her sister. (她跟她姊妹完全不一样)
The baby is/looks more like his mother than his father. (这个婴儿像母亲多过像父亲)
“Who is he like?” “He's not like anyone I've ever met before.” (“他是什么样人?” “他不像我所认识的任何一人”)
I know I used to be selfish, but I'm not like that any more. [=I'm not selfish any more] —used with what in phrases that ask about or refer to the qualities of a person or thing (我知道我过去自私, 但是我不再是那样的人)
“What's her new boyfriend like?” [=how would you describe her new boyfriend?] “He's very nice.” (“她的男友是什么样人?” “他人很好”)
I don't know what the food is like in that restaurant. [=I don't know if the food is good or bad in that restaurant] (我不知道这家餐馆的菜色如何)
I thought he was nice, but then I found out what he's really like. [=I found out what kind of person he really is] (我以为他人不错, 但我事后发现他的真实为人)
She knows what it's like to be lonely. = She knows what it feels like to be lonely. (她尝到孤独是什么滋味)

2. 典型:
It's just like him to be late. [=he is often late] (他经常迟到)
It's not like her to be so selfish. [=she is not usually so selfish] (她平常不是一个自私的人)

3. 相当, 同类:
It costs something like five dollars. [=it costs about five dollars] (这个大约要五块钱)
(chiefly Brit) That's nothing like [=nowhere near, not nearly] enough food! (主要在英国; 食物远不够)
I thought it would only take two or three minutes, but it ended up taking more like half an hour. [=it took about half an hour] (我原先想这事需要两三分钟, 结果却花了半个小时)
There's nothing like [=nothing better than] a mug of hot chocolate on a cold winter's night. (没有什么比在寒冬夜晚喝杯热巧克力更好)

4. 某种方式类似:
Quit acting like a fool. (别再耍宝)
She was screaming like a maniac. (她像疯人一样地尖叫)
We'll blow it up like a balloon. (我们会把它像气球般地吹爆)
He was laughing like a hyena. (他笑得向只土狼)

5. 引例:
They studied subjects like [=such as] physics (and chemistry). (他们研究的科目例如物理及化学)

near
本文资料取自韦氏学习者字典, 如网友有兴趣阅读英语原文可以点击此连接: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/near

接近:
I left the box near the door. (我把盒子放在接近门口处)
The cat won't go near fire. (这只猫不肯接近火)
She stood near me. (她站在我身边)
There are several beaches near here. (这里附近有几个海滩)
She came home near midnight. (他快要到午夜才回家)
We feared he was near death. (我们恐怕他离死亡不远)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 46 访客