回复
royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

详解介词under, underneath

帖子 royl » 周二 8月 10, 2010 4:49 am

详解介词under, underneath

under
本文资料取自韦氏学习者字典, 如果网友有兴趣阅读英语原文可以点击此连接: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/under

1. 在…之下:
They couldn't climb over the wall, so they dug a hole under it. (他们无法爬越过墙, 所以他们在墙底挖个洞)
Draw a line under each word you don't know. (把你每一个不懂的字的底下画条线)
We sat under a tree and rested a while. (我们坐在树下, 休闲一会儿)
I'm wearing a sweater under my jacket. (我在西装大里穿着一件毛衣)
The ball rolled under the car. (这颗球在车底下滑动)
He had a mechanic check under the hood (of the car). (我找了一位修车工检查我的车子引擎盖下机件)
How long can you hold your breath under water? (你能在水下闭气多久?)
There were 12 of us living under one roof. [=in one place] (我们一共十二个人同处一屋顶下=我们一共十二个人同处一房屋内)

2. 在…领导或管理之下:
The cafe is under new management. (这家咖啡厅换了新经营者)
The army captured three forts while under the general's command. (在这位将军领导下, 陆军部队占领了三个要塞)
She has 12 employees (working) under her. (她有十二个职工在她管理之下)

3. 受到控制或影响:
He has been under a lot of pressure/stress at work lately. (他近来在工作上一直受到很大的压力)
The roof collapsed under the weight of the snow. [=the weight of the snow on the roof caused it to collapse] (房顶坍塌在积雪的重压下)
The work was done under the direction/guidance/supervision of an architect. [=an architect directed/guided/supervised the work] (这个工作项目是在建筑师的监督下完成)
She was not under a doctor's care [=she did not have a doctor] at the time of the accident. (在意外事件发生时她没有医生照顾)
Driving while under the influence of alcohol [=driving while drunk] is dangerous and illegal. (酒醉驾车是危险, 非法的)
You will be under anesthesia during the operation. (在手术过程中你将会被麻醉)
I can't work under these conditions! (我无法在这种情况下正常工作!)
I would never, under any circumstances, agree to do such a thing. (我绝不会在任何情况下同意这样的事情)
The company was under no obligation [=was not obligated/required] to release the information. (这家公司毫无义务/必要释放出这个信息)
I was under the impression [=I thought] that admission was free. (我以为入场券是免费的)

4. 处于某一个状态或状况:
The police put her under arrest. [=the police arrested her] (警方将他捕获)
The house is under construction. [=is now being built] (这栋房子正在建造中)
The incident is currently under investigation. [=is being investigated] (这件事情现正在调查中)
His suggestion is still under discussion/consideration/review [=is still being discussed/considered/reviewed] by the committee. (他的建议仍在委员会讨论中)

5. 依据:
Under the terms of the lease, rent will be due on the first of each month. (依据租赁的条约, 租金应在月初交付)
They have fulfilled all their obligations under the treaty. (他们已经履行条约所规定的义务)

6. 某名义或标签:
The purchase is listed under "debits." (这个购买是列入"借方")
Many of these foods would come under the heading (of) "delicacies" in certain parts of the world. (在世界某些地方, 许多这些食物会归入"美食"的标签之下)

7. 在某人名下:
The table is reserved under my last name. (这张桌位是以我姓氏预订的)

8. 少于或低于某年龄, 金额, 等等:
All the children in the class are under the age of 14. (班上所有的小孩都小于十四岁)
We arrived in under an hour. (我们在整点之前抵达)
You get all three items for under $10. (只要少于十块钱你可以取得全部三项东西)

9. 隐藏在…外表之下:
Under that rough exterior, he is a kind and gentle man. (隐藏在那个粗糙的外表, 他是一位仁慈, 温和的男士)

underneath
本文资料取自韦氏学习者字典, 如果网友有兴趣阅读英语原文可以点击此连接: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/underneath

1. 在…之下:
He hid the envelope underneath his coat. (他把信封藏在大衣内)
She slipped a note underneath the door. (她把字条塞进门底下)
The ball rolled underneath the car. (这颗球在车底下滑动)
He lives in the apartment underneath mine. (他住在我底下的那层公寓)

2. 在…底下:
There was gum stuck underneath the table. (有一个口香糖黏在桌底面上)

3. 隐藏在…外表之下:
Underneath her calm exterior was a nervous woman with a hot temper. (在她的冷静外表之下, 隐藏着一个易怒紧张的女人)
They actually had a lot in common underneath their obvious differences. (在他们明显的相异外表内其实隐藏着许多共同之处)
He might seem unkind, but underneath it all [=actually], he's a very caring person. (他也许看起来不善良, 但是其实他是个有同情心的人)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 96 访客