回复
royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

详解介词within, without

帖子 royl » 周三 8月 11, 2010 4:48 am

详解介词within, without

within
本文资料取自韦氏学习者字典, 如果网友有兴趣阅读英语原文可以点击此连接: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/within

1a. 在…之内:
They live within the city limits. (他们住在市区之内)
within the country's borders (在这国家疆界之内)
The company's most important decisions are made within these four walls. [=inside this room] (这家公司最重要的决定都是在这间房间之内所做成的)
We could hear sounds coming from within his apartment. (我们可以听到声音是从他的公寓内所发出的)

1b. 属于团体, 公司, 社团, 等等之内:
Reports from within the company indicate a change in policy. (从公司内部所发出的报告指出政策的改变)
Divisions within the party [=disagreements between members of the party] are growing. (政党内的分歧逐渐扩大)

2. 在某时期之内:
Most students find a job within a year of graduating. (大部分的学生在毕业后一年内找到工作)
Scientists predict that a cure will be found within (the next) five years. (科学家预测在五年内会发现治愈方法)
She made several friends within days of moving into her new apartment. (他在搬进新公寓后几天内交到几个朋友)
He entered the house, and within seconds, he was surrounded by children. (他走进房屋内, 在几秒内, 被子女包围)
We should know the results of your test within the space of an hour. [=in an hour or less] (我们应该在一小时内得知测验的结果)

3. 某距离内:
Everything I need is within a few miles of my apartment. (我所需要的每样东西都在我的公寓几英哩内可以购买得到)
The school is within walking distance (of our house). (这所学校在我家走路范围内)
Everything is within easy reach. [=nearby] (每样东西都在我的附近)
I keep my dictionary within reach [=close enough to reach] on my desk. (我把字典放在手边附近的桌上)
The hotel is within sight of the ocean. [=you can see the ocean from the hotel] (这家旅馆位于可以观海的近处)

4. 某局限内:
They encourage living within your means/income and not using credit cards excessively. (他们鼓励量力而为, 不过度使用信用卡)
Let's try to stay within our/the budget. (我们尽力把花费限制在预算之内)
It is within the jurisdiction of the state to make such laws. (制定法律是在州政府的管辖权限内)
Their actions fell within the guidelines [=they were acceptable according to the rules] set by the committee. (这些行动符合委员会所设定的法规)
It is within the realm of possibility [=it is possible], but it is not likely. (这是可能的, 但不会发生的)

5. 接近完成:
She is currently within two hundred votes of being elected. (她现在还差两百票就被选上)
Twice this season, they have come within five points of winning. [=they have lost by five or fewer points] (这季已经两次他们在五分之内输了比赛)

6. 某人思考或人格:
She searched within herself for the truth. (她曾思考找出真相)
The problem lies not with other people but within yourself. [=you are the problem] (这个问题不是出自别人, 乃是出自你=你就是问题的所在)

without
本文资料取自韦氏学习者字典, 如果网友有兴趣阅读英语原文可以点击此连接: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/without

1. 没有, 不要, 不属于:
Do you take your coffee with or without sugar? (你喝咖啡要不要放糖?)
Don't leave home without your wallet. (别忘了带着你的皮夹子出门)
Without water, there would be no life on Earth. (如果没水, 地球不会有生命)
a world without war (一个没有战争的世界)
They were without electricity [=they did not have electricity] for a week after the storm. (暴风之后, 他们已经有一个星期没有电力供应)
She's the one without the hat. [=the one who is not wearing a hat] (她就是那个没戴帽的人)
I can't imagine life without a car. (我无法想像生活没有车的情况)
They fought without fear. [=they were not afraid when they fought] (他们曾无畏地奋战)
They managed to finish it without (experiencing) any difficulty. (他们设法毫无困难地做完)
She survived the accident without serious injury. [=she was not seriously injured] (她存活这个事故没有受到严重伤害)
It happened suddenly and without warning. (毫无预警地突然发生)
He disappeared without a trace. [=there was no trace of him after he disappeared] (他毫无踪迹地失踪)
We kept trying without success. [=we kept trying but we did not succeed] (我们不停地尽力而为却仍失败)
The prisoner will be held without bail until his trial. (这个犯人被不准保释拘留一直到他的审判)
Applicants are considered without regard for age, race, religion, or sex. [=an applicant's age, race, religion, or sex are not important] (在审核申请人时, 不考虑其年龄, 种族背景, 信仰, 或性别=在审核申请人时, 年龄, 种族背景, 信仰, 或性别等因素不重要)

2. 没有陪伴, 不涉及:
He went to the store without her. (他在没有她陪伴下去店里买东西)
Please don't make a decision without me. (请别在没有我参与情况下做决定)
I couldn't have done it without you. = I couldn't have done it without your help. (我无法在你帮忙下完成=没有你帮忙, 我就无法完成)
We would have lost that game without her. (没有她, 我们就会输掉这场比赛)

3. 不/没使用:
These cookies are made without flour. (这些饼干没有放面粉)
Try doing the math without a calculator. (试着不用计算机来做这个数学习题)
I can't see you without my glasses. (没眼镜我没法看见你)

4. 未做指定的事情:
They left without (even) saying goodbye. [=when they left they did not say goodbye] (他们没说再见就离开了)
Without realizing it, he told them his secret. (还没搞清楚他们是谁, 他就把秘密告诉他们)
Without wishing to [=although I do not wish to] speak ill of the dead, he wasn't a very nice person. (虽然不想说死者的坏话, 他实在不是个好人)
Even without studying, she answered all of the questions correctly. (虽然没有事先读书, 她准确地回答所有的问题)
I can concentrate better without (having) the television on. (如果电视机不打开的话, 我可以更专心)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 18 访客