回复
royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

十二道选择题考试, 明天宣布答案 19

帖子 royl » 周五 10月 22, 2010 2:03 pm

十二道选择题考试, 明天宣布答案 19

来源: http://josecarilloforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=421.0

G-TELP Level 3阅读与生字能力测验. 如果网友想要知道G-TELP (General Test of English Language Proficiency)更多的细节, 请点击以下"百度知道"连接: http://zhidao.baidu.com /question/72135280

G-TELP LEVEL 3 SAMPLE TEST
Reading and Vocabulary Section

You will read four passages. Each passage is followed by comprehension and vocabulary questions. From the four choices for each item, choose the best answer. Then blacken in the correct circle on your answer sheet.

PART 3. Read the following personal letter and answer the questions. The underlined words in the letter are for vocabulary questions.
==============================================================================================================
November 29, 2009

Dear Jennifer,

Oh, how I missed you last summer! I'm so glad that my Dad's job at the Cambodian Embassy will only last until June this year. Then we can come home at last the following month. I'd love to spend the summer with you at Vancouver Beach like we always did.

Everything in Cambodia is so different from British Columbia! I don't know if I'll ever get used to living here. You wouldn't believe it—we are required to wear a uniform to go to school? It's awful! The school requires a maroon skirt, a white blouse, and a ridiculous floral-pattern tie, not to mention a pair of disgusting long, white socks.

I've already made several nice friends here, but don't worry—no one could ever match you as my most trusted friend! After school, I sometimes go to my classmate Melinda's apartment. She likes the same music and the same movies you and I enjoy. In fact, Melinda and I are attending Taylor Swift's concert here next month!

That's all for now. I must start my homework for my World History class tomorrow. My professor wants us to write an analysis of the impact of the Renaissance on European history and I don't even know where to begin! Write back soonest, OK ?

Sincerely,
Annie
==============================================================================================================

59. When will Annie go back to British Columbia?
(a) in August
(b) in July
(c) in June
(d) in May
Answer:

60. Where does Annie usually spend her summer?
(a) at school
(b) in Jennifer's house
(c) at the beach
(d) in Cambodia
Answer:

61. How does Annie describe her school uniform?
(a) oversized
(b) tight-fitting
(c) colorful
(d) unattractive
Answer:

62. Who is Melinda?
(a) Annie's classmate
(b) Annie's Mom
(c) Annie's best friend
(d) Annie's teacher
Answer:

63. In the context of the passage, the word ridiculous means __________.
(a) radical
(b) fabulous
(c) large
(d) laughable
Answer:

64. In the context of the passage, the word analysis means __________.
(a) script
(b) commercial
(c) review
(d) summary
Answer:

PART 4. Read the following announcement and answer the questions. The underlined words in the announcement are for vocabulary questions.
VIVACE CITY COLLEGE
Music Department

The Music Department will offer voice lessons for students from 8 to 16 years of age starting this February. A variety of vocal styles will be offered, including classical, jazz, pop, bossa nova, country, and R&B.

Basic Vocalizing (maximum of 25 students)
8-11 years old

This class focuses on basic singing techniques and tips to help singers feel relaxed and confident on stage. It will also teach budding singers how to choose the best songs that suit their vocal capacity.

Instructor: Nelly Channing
Saturdays 8:30-11:30 p.m.
Enrollment fee: $350 (one semester)

Acting for Young Singers (maximum of 25 students)
12-16 years old

The class will guide young singers as they explore the acting side of singing. Through theater exercises, they will learn to be comfortable assuming and presenting a character to an audience. The semester will finish with a performance by each student of a song from a selected musical theater production.

Instructor: Orlando Brown
Saturdays 2:00-5:30 p.m.
Enrollment fee: $450 (one semester)

Those with little or no singing experience are welcome! For reservations, contact Donna Cussack at local 626. Enroll now!

65. At most, how many students will be accepted in each of the courses?
(a) 11
(b) 12
(c) 16
(d) 25
Answer:

66. What time does the Basic Vocalizing class start?
(a) 8:30 a.m.
(b) 11:30 a.m.
(c) 2:00 p.m.
(d) 5:30 p.m.
Answer:

67. How often is the Acting for Young Singers class held?
(a) every day
(b) every other day
(c) twice a week
(d) once a week
Answer:

68. What was not mentioned in the announcement?
(a) the teachers for each class
(b) the venue of the classes
(c) the fee for each class
(d) the schedule of the classes
Answer:

69. In the passage, budding means __________.
(a) youthful
(b) interesting
(c) inspiring
(d) aspiring
Answer:

70. In the passage, explore means __________.
(a) study
(b) watch
(c) try
(d) perform
Answer:

royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 十二道选择题考试, 明天宣布答案 19

帖子 royl » 周六 10月 23, 2010 3:50 pm

十二道选择题答案

这次试题是出自G-TELP Level 3阅读与生字能力测验

PART 3. Read the following personal letter and answer the questions. The underlined words in the letter are for vocabulary questions.
November 29, 2009

Dear Jennifer,

Oh, how I missed you last summer! I'm so glad that my Dad's job at the Cambodian Embassy will only last until June this year. Then we can come home at last the following month. I'd love to spend the summer with you at Vancouver Beach like we always did.

Everything in Cambodia is so different from British Columbia! I don't know if I'll ever get used to living here. You wouldn't believe it—we are required to wear a uniform to go to school? It's awful! The school requires a maroon skirt, a white blouse, and a ridiculous floral-pattern tie, not to mention a pair of disgusting long, white socks.

I've already made several nice friends here, but don't worry—no one could ever match you as my most trusted friend! After school, I sometimes go to my classmate Melinda's apartment. She likes the same music and the same movies you and I enjoy. In fact, Melinda and I are attending Taylor Swift's concert here next month!

That's all for now. I must start my homework for my World History class tomorrow. My professor wants us to write an analysis of the impact of the Renaissance on European history and I don't even know where to begin! Write back soonest, OK ?

Sincerely,
Annie

59. When will Annie go back to British Columbia?
(a) in August
(b) in July
(c) in June
(d) in May
Answer: b

60. Where does Annie usually spend her summer?
(a) at school
(b) in Jennifer's house
(c) at the beach
(d) in Cambodia
Answer: c

61. How does Annie describe her school uniform?
(a) oversized
(b) tight-fitting
(c) colorful
(d) unattractive
Answer: d

62. Who is Melinda?
(a) Annie's classmate
(b) Annie's Mom
(c) Annie's best friend
(d) Annie's teacher
Answer: a

63. In the context of the passage, the word ridiculous means __________.
(a) radical
(b) fabulous
(c) large
(d) laughable

64. In the context of the passage, the word analysis means __________.
(a) script
(b) commercial
(c) review
(d) summary
Answer: c

PART 4. Read the following announcement and answer the questions. The underlined words in the announcement are for vocabulary questions.
VIVACE CITY COLLEGE
Music Department

The Music Department will offer voice lessons for students from 8 to 16 years of age starting this February. A variety of vocal styles will be offered, including classical, jazz, pop, bossa nova, country, and R&B.

Basic Vocalizing (maximum of 25 students)
8-11 years old

This class focuses on basic singing techniques and tips to help singers feel relaxed and confident on stage. It will also teach budding singers how to choose the best songs that suit their vocal capacity.

Instructor: Nelly Channing
Saturdays 8:30-11:30 p.m.
Enrollment fee: $350 (one semester)

Acting for Young Singers (maximum of 25 students)
12-16 years old

The class will guide young singers as they explore the acting side of singing. Through theater exercises, they will learn to be comfortable assuming and presenting a character to an audience. The semester will finish with a performance by each student of a song from a selected musical theater production.

Instructor: Orlando Brown
Saturdays 2:00-5:30 p.m.
Enrollment fee: $450 (one semester)

Those with little or no singing experience are welcome! For reservations, contact Donna Cussack at local 626. Enroll now!

65. At most, how many students will be accepted in each of the courses?
(a) 11
(b) 12
(c) 16
(d) 25

66. What time does the Basic Vocalizing class start?
(a) 8:30 a.m.
(b) 11:30 a.m.
(c) 2:00 p.m.
(d) 5:30 p.m.

67. How often is the Acting for Young Singers class held?
(a) every day
(b) every other day
(c) twice a week
(d) once a week

68. What was not mentioned in the announcement?
(a) the teachers for each class
(b) the venue of the classes
(c) the fee for each class
(d) the schedule of the classes
Answer: b

69. In the passage, budding means __________.
(a) youthful
(b) interesting
(c) inspiring
(d) aspiring

70. In the passage, explore means __________.
(a) study
(b) watch
(c) try
(d) perform

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 214 访客