royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 5

帖子 royl » 周一 12月 13, 2010 7:13 pm

二十笔实用成语 5

01. a load off one's mind, be
定义: 如释重负; 心中卸下一个重担; 喜悦地看到问题已经解决.
例句: Phew! That's a load off my mind knowing I don't need to spend a grand on another transmission. (咻! 知道我不必再花一千块钱换变速器有如卸下一副重担)

02. a long time ago
定义: 多年以前, 很久以前.
例句: It seems like yesterday, and then again it seems like a long time ago. (像似昨天, 但却又像似许久以前)

03. a long time coming, be
定义: 要等一段长时间; 拖了很久.
例句: It's been a long time coming, but I know change is going to come. (这拖了很久, 但我知道改变将要来临)

04. a lot of foot traffic
定义: 川流不息的行走流量.
例句: To sell ice cream, you need a place with a lot of foot traffic. (要卖冰淇淋, 你需要找一个游人如织的地方)

05. a loudmouth, be
定义: 大声吹嘘的, 口无遮拦的, 易泄露别人秘密的人.
例句: How do you deal with a loudmouth coworker who doesn't seem to understand the concept of minding her own business? (你怎么对付大嘴巴而且不知道别管闲事的同事?)

06. A lovely day, isn't it?
[成语句型]多么好天气, 不是吗?
(注: 请注意在附加疑问句中, 如果前半段的陈述是肯定的, 后半段的问句要用否定的, 并且要注意前后be动词或助动词要一致)
07. a man after your own heart, be
定义: 一个合你心意的男人.
例句: I'm not a man after your own heart? Wait until you find one. (我不是一个合你心意的男人? 等你找到一个再说吧)

08. a much greater extent, to
定义: 到一个较大的程度上; 一般来说.
例句: One very clear finding is that men awarded PhDs become professors to a much greater extent than women. (一个明确的发现指出, 男性得到博士学位之后成为教授的机会一般来说比女性高)

09. a number of
定义: 一些.
例句: Why a number of HIV patients are aging faster? (为什么一些免疫缺陷病毒患者老化较为快速?)

10. a pinch to grow an inch, here's
定义: 在生日聚会上, 来宾掐一下寿星希望寿星长高.
例句: And a pinch to grow an inch! It's someone special's birthday today, and I won't say who. (掐一下长一吋! 今天是某一位特别亲密人的生日, 但我不说是谁)

11. a pop
定义: 货品的单价; 一个, 一件, 一张的单价. (例如: movie DVDs cost $20 a pop, 电影光碟一片二十块钱)
例句: A: How much are the tickets? B: Fifty dollars a pop. (A: 这些票要多少钱? B: 五十块钱一张)

12. a posteriori
定义: 归纳出来的, 从观察事实判断出来的.
例句: Thus, an a posteriori concept is one that can only be understood in empirical terms. (因此, 一个归纳性的概念只能够在观察与实验为依据的条件下取得理解)

13. a priori
定义: 演绎出来的, 从常理判断出来的.
例句: In poetry, but we cannot argue a priori about them. (论及诗词的内容, 我们不能够以推理方式来论证它们)

14. a sandwich short of a picnic, be
定义: [不尊重语]笨笨的, 脑子不灵活.
例句: We forgive teens like yourself, we understand that you're a sandwich short of a picnic. (我们原谅像你一样的少年人, 我们理解你是无知的)

15. a sea of ...
定义: 像海样一大遍, 无数的.
例句: In Africa, a sea of antelopes called wildebeest migrate across the plains every year. (在非洲, 无数的被称为牛羚的羚羊每年穿越过大平原做季节性的迁移)

16. a shot
定义: (用于以件论价钱)每一个, 每一件; 少量烈酒通常一到两盎司的量.
例句: You might opt for the poached salmon or herb-crusted red snapper at $5 a shot. (你也许可以选择五块钱一道的水煮三文鱼排或加调味料的烤脆皮红鲷鱼)

17. A silver lining on every cloud and everything will be OK.
[鼓励安慰成语句型]转危为安; 每件事都有积极的, 有希望的一面不论事情有多糟.

18. A smile crossed his face.
[成语句型]他脸上现出一抹笑容.

19. a swing and a miss
定义: 一个尝试随后的失败.
例句: This was not just a swing and a miss; this was a failure brought on by a complete lack of due diligence by investors. (这并不是一个尝试与失败, 这是投资人完全缺乏应有的审慎所造成的失败)

20. A table for two.
[餐厅用语](客人要)两人桌位.

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 48 访客