royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 19

帖子 royl » 周二 1月 11, 2011 11:23 pm

二十笔实用成语 19

01. agree to disagree/differ, to
定义: 同意双方意见没有交集, 但不必再争论下去.
例句: In this case, "agree to disagree" was a nice way for Andrew to end the conversation since he couldn't convince me that I was wrong. (在这件事情上, 既然他无法说服我是错的, "同意双方意见没有交集"是安德鲁结束这场交谈的合宜办法)

02. agree to not agree on, to
定义: 双方同意对...意见不相同, 但不必再争论下去.
例句: This is so that ultimately we can agree on essentials and agree to not agree on non-essentials. (这样的话, 我们可以基本上在重要事项上取得共识以及双方同意在次要事项上仍有争议)

03. agree to vs. agree with vs. agree on
定义: [易混淆字或片语]agree to是给予同意, 赞同之意; agree with是与...意见相同, 与...符合等之意; agree on是两者以上的人同意所讨论或决定的议案或计画.

04. agree with you in part, to
定义: 同意你一部分意见. (注: in part乃部分地)
例句: I agree with you in part because I feel there is a limit to how expensive a meal for one person should be – $20 is usually my limit and that's for a BIG meal with drinks and dessert. (我部分同意你因为我认为一个人应该在昂贵餐费上有个限额– 二十块钱往往是我的大餐包括饮料与甜点的限额)

05. agree with, to
定义: 同意, 赞成, 搭配适当, 令人愉快, 充满健康的.
例句: I have quite a few navy jacket, but no khaki partly because the color doesn't agree with my skin tone too well. (我有不少的海军夹克, 但没有卡其布的因为它的颜色跟我的肤色不搭配)

06. Ah, but I digress.
定义: [成语句型]啊呀, 我把话题扯远了.

07. ahead of one's/its time, be
定义: (思想)超越当时所处的时代.
例句: A woman scientist like Marie Curie was way ahead of her time. (一位女性科学家像玛丽.居理远超越她当时所处的时代)

08. ahead of schedule, be
定义: 提前, 超前进度.
例句: We're ahead of schedule this week, so we can have a longer lunch break. (我们本周的进度超前, 因此我们可以享长一点的午餐时间)

09. ahead of the curve, be
定义: 领先, 占先机, 占优势.
例句: In sales, we're a little ahead of the curve; but in service, we suck! (在销售上, 我们还算领先; 但是在服务上, 我们糟透了!)

10. ahead of the game, be
例句: With all these expenses, we can't seem to get ahead of the game. (我们投下这么多的费用, 但我们依然无法占优势)

11. ahead of the pack, be
例句: A realization set in: you can't move ahead of the pack by being a part of the pack. (开始了解到: 你不可能既成为一群人的一部分又要领先群雄)

12. ahead of time, be
定义: 预先, 提前.
例句: We started the meeting ahead of time so we could go home early. (我们提前开会因此可以早点回家)

13. ahoy
定义: 水手相互招呼的问候语或呼叫语.
例句: Ahoy there, mate! (喂, 伙计!)

14. aid and abet, to
定义: [法律术语]协助及教唆.
例句: The defendant did knowingly make, cause to be made or aid and abet in the making of any false statement or false representation of a material fact, by commission or omission. (被告确实有意做出, 促使做出或协助及教唆做出, 以作为或不作为的方式, 对重要事实的虚假声明或失实陈述)

15. aiding and abetting
定义: [法律术语]同谋共犯, 协助及教唆.
例句: Aiding and abetting applies to someone who assists or helps one or more other people commit a crime. (协助及教唆应用在某人协助或帮助另一人或其他多人犯罪)

16. aim at, to
定义: 瞄准, 针对, 本意为.
例句: The movie aims at comedy, but it really isn't very funny. (这个电影本来是个笑剧, 但其实并不好笑)

17. aim below the belt, to
定义: 不必要地伤害别人, 卑鄙偷袭, 使用不正当或残忍手段.
例句: I figure if you need to aim below the belt to drive sales, maybe that's a sign your game isn't so good. (我是这么想, 如果你必须要使用不正当手段来促进销售, 也许这是一个你生意情况不妙的征兆)

18. aim high, to
定义: 眼光放远, 志高意远.
例句: If you want to be successful, you have to aim high. (如果你想要成功, 你要把眼光放远)

19. aim to, to
定义: 决心要, 有意于, 有心要.
例句: We aim to please you. (我们一心要使您满意. 注: 听起来很像一句广告词)

20. ain't
定义: [非正式语]am not, are not, is not, have not, has not, do not, does not, did not 的缩写.
例句: I learned from my mistakes, I ain't gonna do it again this time. (我已经从错误中学到经验, 我这次决定不再干这件事了. 注: 这里的ain't gonna是am not going to的不正式语)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 63 访客