royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 22

帖子 royl » 周五 1月 14, 2011 9:09 pm

二十笔实用成语 22

01. all along
定义: 一直地, 自始至终.
例句: I knew all along that he would not get the promotion. (我们一直知道他是不会得到升职)

02. all along the line
定义: 一直地, 在每个过程中, 自始至终.
例句: The project's been plagued with financial problems all along the line. (这个工作项目一直被财务问题所烦扰)

03. all and sundry
定义: 所有的人, 全部, 无一例外.
例句: Nobody calls her Mrs. Jones; she is known to all and sundry as Jessie. (没有人叫她琼斯太太; 所有的人都称她为洁西)

04. all around great value, an
定义: 功能俱全, 好用实惠的价值.
例句: If you're looking for an all around great value in a notebook computer, this is the one! (如果你正在找寻一个功能俱全, 好用实惠价值的笔记本电脑, 这个就是你要找的!)

05. all around Robin Hood's barn, to go
定义: 采取间接路线, 绕了一大圈子. (注: 侠盗罗宾汉一直活动在乡间丛林意味着到处都可能是他躲藏的地方如乡间小道等等)
例句: You don't have to go all around Robin Hood's barn to understand the meaning of this phrase. (你不必绕一大圈子来了解这个短句的意义)

06. all around/round
定义: 在各方面, 无论从哪个角度看, 所有人.
例句: It was a good deal all around; we made money and nobody lost out. (无论从哪个角度看这是个好买卖; 我们都赚到了钱, 没有人亏本)

07. all at once
定义: 一口气, 突然之间, 一瞬间地, 无预警地.
例句: You are making more money now and tempted to spend this extra dough as though you are a millionaire. Don't blow it all at once. (你现在多赚钱了, 而且又像一个百万富豪一样地想要花费这笔额外的钱. 别一口气把它花掉)

08. all at sea, be
定义: 茫然困惑的, 不知所措的.
例句: I can sort of understand most things but then another question pops up and I'm all at sea again. (我可以大约了解大部分的事情, 但另一方面的问题又冒出来, 我又变糊涂了)

09. all bark and no bite, be
定义: 只敢动口不敢动手的, 光说不练的.
例句: The new manager threatened to fire me but I know he won't do it; he is all bark and no bite. (这个新任经理威胁要解雇我, 但我知道他不会做的; 他只是光说不练的)

10. all bent out of shape, be
定义: 勃然大怒的, 情绪恶劣的.
例句: But for some reason, when you point out that that would make it ritual cannibalism, they get all bent out of shape and defensive. (但不知何故, 当你指出这就是仪式性吃人肉的时候, 他们就勃然大怒并摆出防御姿态)

11. all bets are off
定义: 撤销先前协议, (一个新因素造成)后果将不可逆料.
例句: But when you bring in a new head coach, as the Rockets have, all bets are off in terms of what direction they may choose to go. (但是如果你引进一位新的总教练, 就像火箭队所做的一样, 从未来选择方向的角度来看, 后果将不可逆料)

12. all better, be
定义: 痊愈的, 大有进展的.
例句: Ladies, don't go to the doctor for your health, just relax and you'll be all better. (女士们, 别为了你的健康去看医生, 只要放轻松下来, 你就会痊愈了)

13. all brawn and no brains, be
定义: 莽夫的, 孔武有力却无脑的.
例句: He is not going to push decision-making down to its lowest level because he doesn't trust neophytes or guys who are all brawn and no brains. (他不会把决策让最低阶层的人来做, 因为他不信任新手或孔武有力却无脑的一些家伙)

14. all business, be
定义: 态度严肃认真的.
例句: No more glitz and glamour, it's all business now. (从现在起一切认真严肃办事, 不再讲究奢侈浮华)

15. all but
定义: 几乎, 差一点, 很接近. (例如: destruction is all but assured, 毁灭几乎是确定的)
例句: In some places, bus service has all but disappeared. (在有些地方, 公车的服务几乎消失了)

16. all clear, an
定义: 解除警报, 危险已过的讯号.
例句: New York police gave an "all clear" Friday night after investigating a suspicious vehicle in the heart of Manhattan. (纽约市警方在曼哈坦中心区调查了一部可疑车辆之后, 于星期五晚间发出解除警报的讯号)

17. all clued up, be
定义: 熟悉, 对...知道很多.
例句: I come from China, so I'm not all clued up on American domestic flight procedure. (我从中国来的, 我不熟悉美国国内飞行程序)

18. all crumpled up, be
定义: 被弄皱, 压坏, 垮掉.
例句: When we went to our room, the pillows were all crumpled up. We got a second room and there was hair on the bed. (当我们到了我们的房间, 枕头被压得皱皱的. 我们得到第二间房间, 在床上有毛发)

19. all day
定义: 整天时间, 大量闲时间.
例句: Okay, I don't have all day, could you get to the point! (好了, 我可没时间跟你耗, 拜托直接说到重点!)

20. all day long
定义: 整天地.
例句: She has been sitting and waiting for the mail to arrive all day long. (她整天一直坐着等那些邮件的来临)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 46 访客