royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 23

帖子 royl » 周日 1月 16, 2011 3:48 pm

二十笔实用成语 23

01. all decked out, be
定义: 装饰漂亮, 盛装的, 身着华丽衣服的.
例句: Is your house all decked out for the holidays? Show off your winter wonderland by uploading your own photo! (你的房子是否为了节日装饰漂亮? 上载你自己的照片来炫耀你的冬日仙境!)

02. all dolled up and no place to go, be
定义: 锦衣夜行, 身着华服却无处去.
例句: My boyfriend called at the last minute to cancel our date, I'm all dolled up, and no place to go. (我男友在最后一刻打电话来取消我们的约会, 我落得身着华服却无处去)

03. all done up, be
定义: 装饰漂亮, 盛装的, 身着华丽衣服的.
例句: Angie was all done up in a silky black dress and fishnet stockings. (安姬穿着黑色丝绸礼服跟鱼网长袜盛装而出)

04. all dressed up and nowhere to go, be
定义: 锦衣夜行, 身着华服却无处去.
例句: Rob rang up and said he had to work late, so there I was, all dressed up with nowhere to go. (罗布打电话来说他必须要工作很晚, 而我在这里身着华服却无处去)

05. all duck or no dinner, be
定义: 要么取得全部, 要么一无所有; 成败关头.
例句: In order to try this, I went a bit all duck or no dinner on the computer: backed up everything to an external hard drive, did a full installation of Windows XP. (为了试这个方法, 我决定对电脑采取要么取得全部, 要么一无所有的态度: 把所有档案复制到外联的硬碟, 再安装XP视窗)

06. all ears, be
定义: 愿意洗耳恭听.
例句: Now if someone has a recommendation for a certiorari lawyer, I'm all ears. (如果有人可以推荐一位诉讼文件移送命令的专业律师, 我愿意洗耳恭听)

07. all else being equal
定义: 假如在同一的情况下, 同样地.
例句: All else being equal, communities with more species are considered to be more diverse. (假如在同一的情况下, 带有更多物种的生物群落被视为更多样性)

08. all eyes are on someone/something
定义: 众目睽睽之下, 每个人都盯着某人, 事或物.
例句: She may feel alone and awkward or like all eyes are on her in the school locker room. (她也许感觉孤独与尴尬或像在更衣室里众目睽睽之下被人盯视)

09. all eyes turn to ...
定义: 大家眼光转向...; 众目睽睽之下.
例句: All eyes turn to Europe when the financial world tries to anticipate the next meltdown. (当金融世界试图预期下一个经济衰退之时, 大家眼光转向欧洲)

10. all eyes, be
定义: 全神贯注地看.
例句: When the fire truck arrived, the children were all eyes. (当救火车到达现场之后, 小朋友都全神贯注地看)

11. all fingers and thumbs, be
定义: 手脚不利索, 笨手笨脚的, 动作笨拙的.
例句: Can you thread this needle for me? I'm all thumbs today. (你能不能帮我穿针引线? 我今天手脚不利索)

12. all fired up, be
定义: 热情如火, 斗志高昂的, 整装待发的.
例句: John gets all fired up when he sees Mary. There's love in his eyes. (当约翰看到了玛莉, 他变得热情如火. 他的眼神充满了爱意)

13. all fit together
定义: 事实吻合, 事实与理论吻合; 拼凑好, 零件组装吻合.
例句: What we do as we sift through the pieces of our lives, is that we try to make them all fit together to show the significance of why that happened to me. (当我们细查我们生命的片段, 我们所做的是把这些生命片段拼凑好作为显示为什么这件事发生在我身上的重要意义)

14. all for one, and one for all, be
定义: 一心一德, 同心协力. 人人为我, 我为人人. (注: 出自法国作家大仲马的名著"三剑客")
例句: The spirit of "all for one and one for all" - the essence of Celtic custom, the understanding that "united we stand, divided we fall" served these peoples well in the past. ("一心一德"的精神–凯尔特人的传统菁华, "合则立, 分即败"这种信念对这些民族的过去起了很大的作用)

15. all for the best, be
定义: 出于好意, 长久地看是最好的, 结果是好的.
例句: The scriptwriters made quite a few changes from the book, but they were all for the best. (编剧者从原著的书做了许多改变, 但结果是好的)

16. all for, be
定义: 衷心赞成的, 全体赞成的.
例句: I'm all for it as long as you act in a gracious and respectful manner. (只要你表现出得体的, 尊重的态度, 我完全赞成)

17. all fun and games, not be
定义: 并非纯是娱乐消遣的活动.
例句: It was all fun and games today when I worked on my two final exams. (我很轻松愉快地考我两个期终考试)

18. all fur coat and no knickers, be
定义: 华而不实的, 虚有其表的. (注: 穿了貂皮大衣却没穿内裤即knickers可谓金玉其外却无实质)
例句: When he took over as chairman we discovered he was all fur coat and no knickers. (当他接任总裁时, 我发现他虚有其表)

19. all get out
定义: 极..., 最... (注: 用在比较上算是最高级)
例句: It boots up slow as all get out, loading the programs from system tray is incredibly slow. (电脑启动极慢, 从系统盘加载程序也是慢的不得了)

20. all goes well, it
定义: 一切顺利. (注: 多用于祝福语, 例如: I hope it all goes well for you, 希望你一切顺利)
例句: I hope all goes well for you at college. I hope you succeed. (我祝你大学学业一切顺利. 祝你成功)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客