royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 24

帖子 royl » 周二 1月 18, 2011 5:28 pm

二十笔实用成语 24

01. all gone, they're
定义: 全部用完了, 吃完了, 没有了.
例句: I remember not long ago parents were trying to remove soda, chips, and candy from school lunches, now they are all gone. (我记得不久之前许多父母试图把汽水, 薯片, 糖果从学校午餐剔除, 现在它们都不见了)

02. all gussied up, be
定义: 装饰漂亮, 盛装的, 身着华丽衣服的.
例句: Is it a must for a woman to get all gussied up when she's out chasing balls? (一个女人有必要盛装好去球场追逐球吗?)

03. all hands on deck
定义: 所有的人手就位, 集合所有人手一起帮忙.
例句: We've got to get all this cleared up before they arrive so it's all hands on deck. (在他们到达之前, 我们必须要先把这件事情厘清好, 再集合所有人手一起帮忙)

04. all hat and no cattle, be
定义: 空谈, 华而不实的, 虚有其表的.
例句: If a man buys things he can't pay for, he's all hat and no cattle. (如果一个人买了东西却没钱付账, 他只是空谈)

05. all heart, be
定义: 仁慈及慷慨的.
例句: If she is all heart to help her state and the welfare of the US, why didn't she run for Senate? (如果她这么仁慈及慷慨想要帮助她的州和美国的福祉, 为什么她不竞选参议员呢?)

06. all hell breaks loose
定义: 天下大乱, 一片争吵, 打斗或疯狂.
例句: Pack and get dressed before your father hears us, before all hell breaks loose. (在你老爸听到我们之前, 在天下大乱之前, 赶快打包跟穿好衣服)

07. all hell is let loose
定义: 天下大乱, 一片争吵, 打斗或疯狂.
例句: Inside the town, all hell was let loose as the victorious British troops embarked on the now infamous orgy of debauchery and destruction. (在城里天下大乱, 胜利的英国部队开始进行其恶名昭彰的大肆奸淫掳掠与破坏)

08. all I can say is ...
定义: 我只能说的是…
例句: All I can say is the problem is not as complicated as you think. (我只能说的是, 这个问题并不是你想像得那么复杂)

09. all I'm saying is ...
定义: 我想要说的是..., 我的意思是...
例句: All I'm saying is that somewhere out there is the man you are supposed to marry. (我想要说的是, 这个世界上总有一位跟你有缘的男人妳会嫁给他)

10. all in a day's work, be
定义: 家常便饭, 司空见惯的. (注: 意指某件事可能对平常人来说是困难的或不寻常的, 但对某些人来说却是司空见惯的)
例句: We worked in blizzard conditions to restore all the power lines, but it's all in a day's work. (我们在暴风雪情况下恢复所有的输电线, 但这对我们来说是司空见惯的)

11. all in all
定义: 总而言之, 从各方面看来, 总共, 全部.
例句: We had a few problems but all in all the meeting was successful. (我们虽然碰到一些问题, 但总的来说, 这个会议还是成功的)

12. all in due time
定义: 自然而然地, 在适当的时机, 到了适当时候.
例句: Don't worry and just enjoy being 13 and being yourself. You will be all grown up with adult stuff to deal with all in due time. (别想那么多, 你尽管自由自在地过你十三岁的日子. 等你长大后, 自然而然地你要去对付成人的事务)

13. all in good time
定义: 自然而然地, 在适当的时机, 到了适当时候.
例句: They said the package will come all in good time and there's no way to hurry it up. (他们说邮包到了适当时候会送过来, 而且没有办法让邮包更快送到)

14. all in one piece, be
定义: 完好无损, 完整的, 没损坏受伤的.
例句: How did you manage to come out of the crash in one piece? (你是怎样做到了在撞车时毫无损伤?)

15. all in the mind, be
定义: 全靠意志力, 全靠想像; 疑神疑鬼的, 胡思乱想的, 问题并不真正存在的.
例句: It's all in the mind; Golf Psychology will help you control your state of mind under pressure. (这全靠意志力, 高尔夫球心理学会帮助你在压力下调控你的心理状态)

16. all in the past, be
定义: 已经不存在, 都成过去.
例句: You fail to realize that it's all in the past and that there's so much more to life in the here and now. (你没有了解到这些都已经成为过去, 在此时此地我们的生命充满了希望)

17. all in the same boat, be
定义: 面临同样的问题, 要同舟共济.
例句: We can't fight against each other; we need to work together. We're all in the same boat! (我们不能互斗; 我们要同心协力. 我们都面临同样的问题!)

18. all in your head, be
例句: It's all in your head, you can think your way to happiness. (这全靠意志力, 你可以调整情绪来导入快乐)

19. all in your mind, be
例句: "It's all in your mind." How often have we heard someone dismiss another's thoughts and feelings with those words? ("这全是你胡思乱想." 有多少次你听到某人使用这种话去驳斥另一人的思想及感觉?)

20. all in, be
定义: 非常疲乏, 精疲力竭的.
例句: After the marathon, she was all in completely exhausted. (跑完马拉松之后, 她完全精疲力竭)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 50 访客