royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 25

帖子 royl » 周四 1月 20, 2011 5:17 pm

二十笔实用成语 25

01. all is not well
定义: 情形不妙.
例句: Hubris in the British Army has caused too little concern for too long and behind the façade, all is not well in the British Army. (英国陆军的傲慢导致长期的漠不关心, 其实在假象之后, 英国陆军情况不妙)

02. all it's cracked up to be, be
定义: 像别人说得那么好.
例句: The new computer isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's not so hot. (这个新电脑并不像别人说得那么好. 它一点都不怎么样)

03. all joking aside
定义: 说正经地, 言归正传.
例句: All joking aside, I think Peter is sane and not a threat to anyone. (说正经地, 我认为彼得精神正常, 并不对别人构成威胁)

04. all kidding aside
定义: 说正经地, 言归正传.
例句: All kidding aside, I am truly blessed to have a friend like you in my life. (说正经地, 我真是很幸运在我生命中有你这个朋友)

05. all kinds of
定义: 各式各样.
例句: April delivers all kinds of weather from snow in Sitka, Alaska to record heat in Calcutta, India. (四月份带来各式各样的天气, 从阿拉斯加, 西特卡的降雪到印度, 加尔各达的破记录高温)

06. all legs, be
定义: 瘦高的.
例句: She also shows she's all legs in a new photo spread in Complex magazine. (她也在最新的美女杂志里展示出她高瘦身材的组图)

07. all manner of
定义: 各式各样.
例句: People connect to the Internet in all manner of ways using all manner of hardware and software. (人们使用各式各样的硬软件以及各式各样的方式连接上互联网)

08. all mod cons, to have
定义: 具备现代化舒适生活设备. (注: mod cons即modern conveniences缩写)
例句: Our chalet is a two-story villa, available from June to September, and it is so well equipped with all mod cons. (我们的小木屋是一栋两层楼别墅, 在六月到九月中出租,它也是现代化舒适生活设备齐全)

09. all mouth and trousers, be
定义: [英国俚语]夸夸其谈, 光说不练的.
例句: He's all mouth and trousers at the moment, as he has loads of energy, but no stamina, which is a good thing. (他在此时夸夸其谈, 尽管他活力充沛, 但他没有持久力, 这也是件好事)

10. All my eye and Betty Martin!
定义: [惊叹语]废话! 瞎扯! 岂有此理!
例句: He pretends to have great plans, but they're all my eye and Betty Martin. (他假装他有绝妙计画, 但是这些计画都是瞎扯)

11. All my eye!
定义: [惊叹语]废话! 瞎扯! 岂有此理!
例句: That's all my eye, Matthew; you know all about it as well as any one. (那是瞎扯, 马修; 你自己心里清楚得很)

12. all night
定义: 整夜, 彻夜.
例句: Staying up all night clearly taxes the body, but scientists have only now added up the exact bill. (通宵不眠显然消耗体力, 但科学家们至今才把热量消耗账目算清楚)

13. all night long
定义: 整夜地, 通宵达旦地.
例句: Many times, I have had to work all night long on a 12 hour shift then, stay up all day although you won't feel exactly normal. (许多次, 我必须在十二钟头夜班彻夜工作, 然后白天挺住不睡觉尽管你感觉不正常)

14. all of
定义: 所有地, 完全地.
例句: You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. (你可以一直欺骗一些人, 有时候欺骗所有的人, 但是你无法一直欺骗所有的人们)

15. all of a dither, be
定义: 全身发抖的, 紧张激动的, 战栗不安的.
例句: Before we knew it a month had passed, and we were all of a dither getting ready for our first formal dance performance. (不知不觉地一个月已经过了, 我们战栗不安地准备我们第一次正式舞蹈表演)

16. all of a doodah, be
例句: I understand that you are all of a doodah; nonetheless, I shall make it simpler for you to cognize what was between John and me. (我了解你紧张不安; 但是, 我要让你容易些了解我跟约翰之间的问题)

17. all of a quiver, be
例句: Would the prospect of watching some gorgeous female models storm the catwalk send you all of a quiver? (期望看到美丽动人的女模冲向伸展台让你惊心动魄吗?)

18. all of a sudden
定义: 晴天霹雳地, 突然地, 无预警地.
例句: All of a sudden it became cloudy and began to rain. (无预警地, 天上乌云密布并开始下雨)

19. all of a sweat, be
定义: 流一身大汗; 吓出冷汗的, 担心害怕的.
例句: She opened her eyes abruptly and sat up in the bed, all of a sweat. (他突然睁开眼睛, 从床上坐起来, 吓出一身冷汗)

20. all of a tremble, be
定义: 焦虑激动的, 浑身颤抖的, 战栗不安的.
例句: Wikileaks has got you all of a tremble as my theories are once again shown to be spot-on. (维基泄密让你心惊胆跳是因为我的理论再一次显示出完全地正确)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 53 访客