royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 26

帖子 royl » 周五 1月 21, 2011 9:48 pm

二十笔实用成语 26

01. all of a twitch, be
定义: 全身发抖的, 紧张激动的, 战栗不安的.
例句: He was all of a twitch to meet someone so rich who could prove to be his salvation. (当他激动莫名地被引见给这位富豪因为这位富豪极可能最后是他的拯救者)

02. all of the above, be
定义: 以上皆是, 以上皆对.
例句: All of the above would make ideal summer reading, but this last one I really would like to know more about - luckily, it's still available. (以上所有的书籍可以作为理想的夏季阅读, 但是这个最后一本书我很想了解多一点–还好, 这本书仍可以买到)

03. all on end, be
定义: 怒不可遏; 毛骨悚然; 全部竖立, (毛发)竖立.
例句: The door was slammed open and close, it rattled Leon terribly; his nerves all on end and his heart thudding painfully against his chest. (门被猛烈地开关, 它严重地惊吓了里昂; 他吓得毛骨悚然, 砰砰的心跳痛苦地撞击他的胸口)

04. all one, be
定义: 没什么差别的, 无所谓的.
例句: It is all one whether he has been happy or miserable for his life was never anything more than a present moment always vanishing. (他是否快乐或痛苦其实没什么差别因为他的生命只是这消失的一刻)

05. all one's marbles
定义: 指一个人的思考能力或理智正常.
例句: Dan talks to the door. I wonder if he's got all his marbles. (丹在跟门说话. 我在想他脑子是否正常)

06. all one's waking hours
定义: 一整天. (注: 常用在某人spends all his waking hours working, 花了一整天工作)
例句: I wear glasses all my waking hours and had no trouble wearing the 3D glasses over them. (我一整天都戴眼镜, 我在眼镜上加戴立体眼镜也没什么问题)

07. all or nothing, be
定义: 孤注一掷, 赢家全拿, 要么全要或要么全不要的.
例句: It's all or nothing, Wal-Mart forces a small town to approve a new Supercenter or risk losing it all. (这是个要么全要或要么全不要的情况, 沃尔玛公司强迫一个小镇准许他们盖一个新超级购物中心或冒着完全没有的险)

08. all other things being equal
定义: 假如在同一的情况下; 假如一切顺利的话.
例句: All other things being equal, splitting the source code into several files won't make a bean of difference. (假如在同一的情况下, 把程式源编码分割成几个文件根本没什么差别)

09. all out
定义: 决心拼到底, 全力以赴地, 信誓旦旦地.
例句: Corporate lobbyists go all out to win a congressional approval for legislation to enter Chinese markets. (大公司游说团体全力以赴地要赢得许可进入中国市场的立法)

10. all over
定义: 在全面上, 到处都是, 在各方面.
例句: Tim has been travelling all over the nation for several years, helping thousands of photographers hone their craft. (提姆几年来走遍全国各地, 帮助摄影师磨练他们的技艺)

11. all over bar the shouting, be
定义: [英国, 澳洲]大势已定.
例句: The Italian team played superbly, and by half-time it was all over bar the shouting. (义大利队表现优异, 到中场休息时, 球赛大势已定, 他们准备要赢了)

12. all over hell's half acre
定义: 到处地, 遍地地; 冗长令人失望的旅游.
例句: I left the gate open, and the cows are all over hell's half acre. (我忘了关闭牧场大门, 结果牛只流窜遍地)

13. all over someone, be
定义: 对某人很严厉或施加压力; 与某人作紧密或亲密身体接触; 对某人浑身触摸.
例句: My wife's best friend is a nurse and she is all over me all of the time because there is the chance you may not wake up. (我太太的最好朋友是一位护士, 她不停地触摸我的身体因为我有可能永远不会从昏迷中醒过来)

14. all over the map
定义: 离题, 海阔天空, 不着边际; 不停变化, 多极变化.
例句: The Washington Post reports that reactions to the speech are all over the map. (华盛顿邮报报导民众对这个演讲的反应呈多极变化)

15. all over the place
定义: 到处, 遍地, 杂乱无章.
例句: Bullets were flying all over the place. (子弹当时在乱飞)

16. all over the shop
定义: 杂乱无章, 乱无章法, 散落到处.
例句: What have you been doing with your clothes? They're all over the shop! (你把你的衣服怎么放的? 它们散落得到处都是!)

17. all over the show
定义: 到处, 杂乱无章, 乱无章法.
例句: With dozens of television manufacturers all over the show, it was hard to determine which the best was and what made one TV stand out. (尽管几十个电视机厂商到处都是, 很难决定哪一家是最好的, 哪一家造的电视机特别杰出)

18. all over the town
定义: 全城各处, 大街小巷, 满城皆知.
例句: That's right; we have decided to bring you the best gossip from all over the town in a very different way. (对的! 我们决定以另类的方式带给你从全城各处听来最耸人听闻的小道消息)

19. all over the world
定义: 全世界, 到处.
例句: Parents all over the world do their best to give their children great opportunities. (全世界的父母亲都在尽力地提供他们儿女绝好的机会)

20. all over, be
定义: 整个区域, 各处; 口头攻击, 严厉斥责; 拥挤; 与某人作紧密或亲密身体接触; 在每个方面上.
例句: We looked all over for you. (我们到处找你)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 52 访客