royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 28

帖子 royl » 周一 1月 24, 2011 1:13 am

二十笔实用成语 28

01. all steamed up, be
定义: 精神振奋, 整装待发; 怒气冲冲的, 愤然冲动的.
例句: A title like that is bound to get the poets rushing to the blog and all steamed-up ready to knock the stuffing out of the essay. (像这种标题肯定会让一些诗人冲到这个博客, 怒气冲冲地准备要把这篇文章批评得体无完肤)

02. all systems are go
定义: 一切准备就绪, 万事具备, 整装待发. (注: 意指所有系统良好, 某某行动可以开始或继续进行)
例句: As every pupil and member of staff knows, everyone is now unpacked and all systems are go in the brilliant new school. (当所有师生得到最新通知, 大家都打开行李把东西拿出来, 一个崭新学校准备就绪)

03. all systems go
定义: 一切准备就绪, 万事具备, 整装待发. (注: 意指所有系统良好, 某某行动可以开始或继续进行)
例句: Players are back for pre-season training and with the European Championships out of the way it's all systems go for everyone. (球员回到季前赛训练, 随着欧洲冠军赛的结束, 所有球员整装待发准备未来球赛)

04. all talk and no action, be
定义: 空谈理想, 光说不练.
例句: Don't count on Tom's help – he's all talk and no action. (别指望汤姆会帮你忙– 他光说不练)

05. all talk and no trousers, be
定义: 空谈理想, 光说不练.
例句: Tom has been saying for months that he'll get a summer job, but he's all talk and no trousers. (汤姆说他要找暑假工作说了好几个月, 但他光说不练)

06. all teed up
定义: 都准备好, 可以开始了. (注: 出自高尔夫球意指球已放在球座可以发球了)
例句: Overall, I highly recommend the series, so if you are reading this review, you have one to three books of summer reading all teed up for you. (总而言之, 我强力推荐这一套书, 如果你正在阅读这个书评, 你有一到三本书替你准备好做为夏季的阅读)

07. all that
定义: [副词]很... (例如: not all that bad, 没有那么坏); [代名词]...等等相同的事.
例句: I wasn't all that interested in your story. (我对你的说词并不很有兴趣)

08. all that and a bag of chips, be
定义: [年轻人俚语]好得不得了, 品质极好的, 很酷的.
例句: I just want to know whether this movie is going to be all that and a bag of chips. (我只是想知道这个电影是否将是个好得不得了的片子)

09. all that malarkey
定义: 满嘴的空话或废话, 无聊的事情或废话.
例句: Why bother with all that malarkey. Just stick to what we have. (别管这些无聊的事情, 只要坚守我们手边所有的就可)

10. all that matters, be
定义: 最重要的, 想要的.
例句: All that matters to me is traveling on my bike, that's all I ever wanted to do. (对我来说最重要的是骑脚踏车旅游, 这就是我一直想要做的事)

11. all the ... (adjective比较级形容词)
定义: 当然更(形容词). (注: 用来强调一个比较)
例句: If you can find a printing company with more flexible size options for your postcard printing, then all the merrier. (如果你能找到一家允许更具弹性的尺寸选择来印明信片的印刷公司当然更好)

12. all the ... (noun名词)
定义: 所有的(名词), 全部的(名词).
例句: I wish all the lovers in the world will have a happy ending. (我希望天下情侣都有美好的归宿)

13. all the bells and whistles, with
定义: 功能特性俱全的装备. (注: 请注意其含意, 例如你的汽车装备一套高级音响设备, 它可以供给你优美音乐, 是有用的, 但它不是一个必需品)
例句: When Bill sold his business he bought a motor home with all the bells and whistles. (比尔卖掉他的生意之后, 他买了一部功能装备俱全的汽车房屋)

14. All the best!
[祝福语]万事顺利! 诸事大吉!

15. all the better
定义: 当然更好, 那更好, 更令人满意. (注: 用来强调某个选择更好)
例句: The lower level is small – all the better for intimate cocktailing and dining. (底层的空间比较小– 对亲密性的鸡尾酒会及晚餐当然更好)

16. all the bits and pieces
定义: 所有的, 包括细节的东西, 例如: 资料, 事实或物品.
例句: This is a junkyard contains all the bits and pieces of a Boeing 747, dismembered and in disarray. (这是一个废物堆积场, 它包括了各种被人解体以及被人随便地弃置的波音七四七零组件)

17. all the fashion, be
定义: 非常流行的, 风靡一时的, 火红疯狂的.
例句: Being part of the solution is all the fashion on business school campuses these days. (成为解决方案的一部分目前在商业学院校园里非常流行)

18. all the go, be
定义: 非常流行的, 风靡一时的, 火红疯狂的.
例句: Green tea is all the go. Today, both the UK and Australia have begun growing their own green tea, much of it to be sent to Japan. (绿茶现在很火红. 今天, 英国跟澳大利亚已经开始种植他们自己的绿茶并且把许多绿茶卖到日本)

19. all the gold in the world
定义: 世界上所有的财富. (注: 常用于就是全世界的财富也不能令某人快乐或被收买)
例句: No good can come from selling your freedom, not for all the gold in the world. (出售你自己的自由不会有好下场的, 就算是得到世界上所有的财富也一样)

20. all the hours God sends
定义: [英国]所有的时间, 长时间.
例句: Why do I work all the hours God sends and I'm still skint after all the bills are paid? (为什么我长时间地工作, 而付完了所有的账单之后我仍旧是身无分文?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 52 访客