royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 29

帖子 royl » 周二 1月 25, 2011 1:27 pm

二十笔实用成语 29

01. all the livelong day
定义: 一整天地.
例句: Well, of course you get to feeling stiff, sitting in front of a computer all the livelong day. (当然, 你在电脑前工作一整天, 你自然会感觉身体僵硬)

02. all the lot
定义: 全部.
例句: I am a long time viewer of Barbie movies, I enjoyed all of the Barbie movies but this was the best of all the lot. (我是个长期的芭比娃娃电影观众, 我喜欢所有的芭比电影, 但这部电影是所有中的最好的)

03. all the more ...
定义: 更加...(形容词), 更多...(名词).
例句: London was startled by a crime of singular ferocity and rendered all the more notable by the high position of the victim. (伦敦市被一个单一残暴罪行所震惊而且由于受害者的高层社会地位使这件案子变为更加引人注目)

04. all the more reason to ...
定义: 更应该要..., 更加有理由要... (注: 意指本来就应该做某事, 但因为某因素使得做件事更具有正当性或理所当然)
例句: A recession is all the more reason to cut costs and become more quality competitive. (经济衰退更加有理由要减少成本跟变为更具品质竞争性)

05. all the more so
定义: 更加如此.
例句: It was a deeply touching exchange, made all the more so because it was never planned. (这是一个令人深刻感动的交谈, 成为更加如此的是因为这个交谈不是预先计画的)

06. all the rage, be
定义: 非常流行的, 风靡一时的, 火红疯狂的.
例句: Tablets may have been all the rage at this year's Consumer Electronics Show, but with tens of thousands of products on display, there was something for everyone. (平板电脑也许是今年消费者电子展最火红的产品, 但是因为有数万个产品参展, 人人都可以找到自己喜爱的东西)

07. all the same
定义: 尽管如此, 然而; 仍然, 依然, 没差别.
例句: John wants to stay another week, but I'm going home all the same. (约翰想要再待一个礼拜, 但我仍然要回家)

08. all the same to someone, be
定义: 无所谓, 没差别, 不影响某人.
例句: Perhaps I allowed myself to be led astray, out of stupidity, but it'll really be all the same to her. (也许我因为愚蠢使自己误入歧途, 但其实对她来说并没什么差别)

09. all the signs point in one troubling direction
定义: 所有迹象都指向同一个令人忧虑的方向.
例句: Officials say all the signs point in one troubling direction: Beijing then will be forced to go to war with the United States. (官员说, 所有迹象都指向同一个令人忧虑的方向: 北京, 因此将会被强迫跟美国开战)

10. all the thing, be
定义: 非常流行的, 风靡一时的, 火红疯狂的.
例句: It was all the thing in the late sixties to smoke pot and demonstrate against the Vietnam war. (在六零年代末流行一时的是吸大麻烟与游行示威反对越战)

11. all the time
定义: 一直地, 一天到晚地.
例句: This stuff happens all the time. I'm surprised that it's just now being given any attention. (这种事情总是发生. 令我惊讶的是到现在才受到别人注目)

12. all the traffic will bear
定义: [商业用语](现有情况下)尽可能的. (注: 经常用来指商人将价格推高到客户支付能力极限, 可使用于charge all the traffic will bear)
例句: The monopolist does not charge all the traffic will bear because that would reduce the quantity demanded to one unit. (垄断者不会尽可能索取高价位因为这会降低需求量到一个单位. 注: 如果一个垄断性的供应商把价格提升到天价将会大幅度地让购买者却步)

13. all the way
定义: 全程地, 从头到尾地, 完全地.
例句: She went alone and while on the train to Liverpool she prayed to God to be with her all the way as everyone else has forsaken her. (她单独地离开, 当她坐火车到利物普的时候, 她祷告希望神一路陪伴着她因为其他所有的人都离弃了她)

14. all the way down the line
定义: 一直地, 在每个过程中, 自始至终.
例句: Let's do it a little different way: cut costs, increase production, and make everyone an extra few pennies all the way down the line. (让我们以一点不同的方式来做这笔生意: 自始至终地减少成本, 增加生产, 以及赚每人多一点钱)

15. all the way to Egery and back
定义: 远路地, 绕圈子路地, 远程地.
例句: I had to go all the way to Egery and back to get this dog. (我绕了一大圈才把这只狗领回来)

16. all the way to Supreme Court
定义: 一路(告)到最高法院.
例句: This family is bringing that case all the way to Supreme Court to force the hand of the government or pharmaceutical companies. (这个家庭正一路告到最高法院迫使政府跟制药公司唯命是从)

17. all the while
定义: (某段时间)一直地; 在此同时.
例句: All the while we were under the impression that Mr. Williams was on study leave without pay and some of us praising him for being back at work though he was on leave. (我们一直还以为威廉斯先生请的是无薪研究假, 我们中一些人甚至于在他回来工作时还赞扬他, 尽管他其实是去休假)

18. all the worse
定义: 反而更糟. (注: 用来强调一个比较)
例句: I firmly believe that if the whole materia medica could be sunk to the bottom of the sea, it would be all the better for mankind and all the worse for the fishes. (我坚信如果所有的药物可以被沉到海底的话, 这对人类当然更好, 却对鱼类反而更糟)

19. all there, be
定义: 心智正常, 胜任的.
例句: Your reasoning is quite faulty, and leads me to believe that you are not all there. (你的推理相当谬误, 这让我相信你心智有问题)

20. all things being equal
定义: 在同一的情况下, 同样地; 假如一切照常的话.
例句: All things being equal, we should sell all our bicycles by October. (假如一切照常的话, 我们应该可以在十月前卖掉所有的脚踏车)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 85 访客