royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 32

帖子 royl » 周五 1月 28, 2011 3:43 am

二十笔实用成语 32

01. all-terrain vehicle (ATV), an
定义: 四轮越野车, 全地形四轮摩托车.
例句: He sat out the 2008 season with knee and ankle injuries suffered in an ATV accident and missed the 2006 season due to a knee injury. (他因为四轮越野车车祸造成膝部跟脚踝受伤而退出二零零八赛季的比赛, 他也因膝部受伤不能参与二零零六赛季的比赛)

02. all-time favorite, an
历来最爱的人或物, 空前最受欢迎的人或物.
There are a few other shows that I loved over the years but Friends is my all-time favorite. (这些年来有一些电视剧我很喜欢, 但《老友记》是我历来最爱的电视剧)

03. allude vs. elude
[易混淆字或片语]allude(动词)间接提到, 暗示, 影射; elude(动词)逃避, 使困惑, 规避.

04. all-you-can-eat
吃到饱的或吃到饱的餐厅. (注: 在美国有些自助餐厅供应此类服务, 别的地方有供应客人不停点菜吃到饱的服务)
How can I make the most of an all-you-can-eat buffet? (请问我如何充分享受吃到饱的自助餐?)

05. alma mater, an
母校. (注: 一个人曾经上过的学校)
Former USC running back, Steven Johnson, is bringing a lawsuit against his alma mater for the weightlifting accident that nearly cost him his life in 2009. (前南加大美式足球的跑卫, 史帝芬.江森, 正提出诉讼控告他的母校, 他于二零零九年因为举重意外事件差一点让他丧生)

06. almost a year to the day
几乎整整一年. (注: 请参考to the day)
Almost a year to the day after a unanimous committee vote, a long-stalled bill to promote food safety is poised for Senate passage within a week. (在委员会通过了一个一致决议几乎整整一年之后, 一个延宕许久的推广食物安全法案正准备在参议院一星期内通过)

07. along about
大约在某一个时间左右.
In 1912, one sheepherder lost 160 head of grown sheep from coyote depredations and along about the same time losses of five percent of entire herds were not at all uncommon. (于一九一二年, 一个牧羊人被丛林狼掠劫损失了一百六十头成年羊只, 大约在同时, 羊群损失百分之五的羊只也屡见不鲜)

08. along in years, be
上年纪的, 年老的.
Grandma is along in years now and doesn't hear too well. (祖母现在上了年纪, 她的听力不好)

09. along the lines of, be
类似的, 符合的, 依循(某个方向或原则)的.
The present article seeks to carry out along the lines of interpretation of the text which gives a wide opportunity to reveal special forms of verbal art. (目前的文章寻求依循全部原文翻译的原则, 这也给予别人充分的机会来展现独特的口头艺术形式)

10. along the same lines, be
大约相似的, 大概是如此的.
I am very interested in driving this idea forward and I am so pleased to see others thinking along the same lines. (我非常有兴趣推动这个理念, 我也很高兴看到别人有相似的想法)

11. along the way
在某事发生中间地, 在路上地.
I've been in this job for thirty years and I've picked up a good deal of expertise along the way. (我做了这个工作已有三十年了, 我也在这段期间汲取了大量的经验)

12. along those lines, be
类似这样的, 像这样子的.
What evidence do we have that Adams is willing to sign an agreement along these lines? (我们有什么证据显示亚当愿意签署类似这样的合同?)

13. along with
除...之外, 还有, 与...一起地.
She keeps her pills in her bag, along with her money and her comb and lipstick and the usual junk. (她把她的药片放在皮包里, 除此之外还有她的钱, 梳子, 口红, 还有其他一些常用的零乱东西)

14. alongside of
随伴...左右, 与...靠拢, 沿着...的边, 与...比较.
A principal object of the present invention is to provide a punt, which can be floated alongside of a ship, so that the ship side may be painted by persons working on the punt. (一个目前发明的主要对象是使用平底舟, 用来浮在船的旁边以便让平底舟的工作人员可以把油漆刷在船的侧面)

15. alot vs. a lot
[易混淆字或片语]alot错误用法, 正确用法应为a lot. (动词)

16. alpha and omega, the
第一个及最后一个, 彻头彻尾; 最重要的一部分.
Alpha and Omega are first and last letters of the Greek alphabet; in Christianity, a metaphor for God's comprehensiveness, as used in the Book of Revelation. (阿尔法跟欧米加是希腊字母第一个及最后一个字母; 在基督教里, 是使用在圣经启示录一个表达神无所不在的隐喻)

17. alpha male, the
男性领导者, (自然界)雄性领导动物.
The position of Alpha Male is seen as one of the most socially desirable as having it enables a male to make decisions about how their social group/pack is run. (雄性领导动物的地位被视为群体中最令人渴望的身份, 它给予一个雄性动物领导其群体的支配权力)

18. alpha test, an
厂内产前测试. 厂商在生产前做的产品测试寻找并排除设计缺失.
One of my applications are receiving these alpha test ads, however, I don't believe I've been contacted to join the alpha program. (我一个应用软件收到厂方内部测试的广告, 但是, 我不认为我已经接到了参与厂方测试的联系)

19. also-ran, an
输去比赛的马或狗, 比赛失败者, 庸才.
He just doesn't want to go down in history as another presidential also-ran. And who can blame him? (他只是不甘心被史册记录为另一个参选总统的失败者. 话说回来, 谁又能怪他?)

20. alter ego, an
知己, 性格另一面, 志趣相投密友, 第二个自我.
Two years ago, nearly blind, he was out campaigning for Barack Obama, in whom he saw many of the qualities of his alter ego, John F. Kennedy. (两年前, 几乎失明, 他出来替巴拉克.奥巴马助选, 在奥巴马的身上, 他看到他的第二个自我, 约翰.肯尼迪, 许多的特质)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 45 访客