royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 33

帖子 royl » 周五 1月 28, 2011 3:54 pm

二十笔实用成语 33

01. alternative energy, an
定义: 代替性能源, 非传统能源.
例句: We all want to promote alternative energy. On the other hand, we don't want a situation where someone is going to put a wind tower in their front yard next to our house. (我们都希望推动代替性能源. 从另一方面来看, 我们却不愿意接受某人在我们隔壁的前院建一座风塔)

02. altogether vs. all together
[易混淆字或片语]altogether(副词)完全, 全然, 总而言之, 总之, 合计, 全部; all together(片语)一起, 整体.

03. always a bridesmaid, never the bride, be
永远作伴娘从未作新娘. 常与成功一线之隔.
Always a bridesmaid, never the bride during his career, having appeared in six Snooker World Championship finals without ever claiming the title, Jimmy finally wins the title. (他的生涯常与成功一线之隔, 曾经出赛六次世界台球冠军决赛他皆败北, 吉米这次终于赢到冠军)

04. always be there for me, be
(不管发生什么事) 总在患难时来相助的, 祸福与共的.
I'm grateful to know you and want to say thanks again for always be there for me and being my best friend. (我很感激认识你, 想要再度向你道谢因为你总在患难时来相助并作为我的好友)

05. always happening elsewhere, be
总是发生于其他地方的.
It was one of those stories you see on the national TV news, always happening elsewhere and to people you don't know. (这就是你所看到的全国电视新闻报导故事之一, 总是发生于其他地方的,又发生在你不认识的人身上)

06. always has to have the last word, someone
(某人)爱争论的, 最后总是要补一句的.
My daughter will never let an argument go and always has to have the last word; so we walk on eggshells when she is in the house. (我女儿永远不放弃一个争论而且最后总要补一句话; 所以只要她在家里, 我们都战战兢兢的)

07. Always remember, when you assume you make an ass of you and me!
[幽默格言]永远记得, 当你假定某事是真的你让我和你都难堪丢人.
注: 英语的假定assume可以拆开为三部分ass=丢人, u=you你, me=我.

08. always think the worst, to
尽往坏处想.
I always think the worst of people. If there's someone having a conversation a mile away and that person glances at me and then back to their conversation, I think they are talking bad about me. (我把人尽往坏处想. 如果有人站在老远跟人聊天, 看我一眼后又继续聊天, 我就会认为他们在说我坏话)

09. always too much and never enough, be
既嫌太多又嫌太少; 没有办法使所有人都满意.
No matter how much love you give, it's always too much, and never enough. (不管你付出多少爱, 它没有办法使所有人都满意)

10. Am I losing it?
[成语句型]我昏了头吗? (注: 意指我魂不守舍, 做事颠三倒四地)

11. Am I making any sense?
[成语句型]我的话你听得懂吗? 有道理吗?

12. Am I on trial?
[成语句型]我在受审吗? (注: 意指我不满你问问题的态度太粗暴, 好像审问犯人似的)

13. Am I on?
[成语句型]我可以开始了吗?

14. Am I supposed to say no?
[成语句型]我应该要说不吗? (注: 意指你的要求我一定会答应的, 虽然我不一定心甘情愿)

15. Am I the only one who can't figure this out?
[成语句型]我是不是唯一的人想不通这个问题? (注: 有时用于以故意装傻口气来抱怨问题太难)

16. AM station, an
调幅电台.
The highest power ever authorized for an AM station in the US was 500000 watts, authorized to WLW, Cincinnati in the 1934. (在美国曾经被授权建立的调幅电台最高功率是五十万瓦, 这是在一九三四年授权给辛辛那提市的WLW电台)

17. Amber Alert, the
失踪儿童警报, 儿童绑架案通报.
Rapid response is vital in abduction cases, and taking the acclaimed AMBER alert system nationwide will save lives and thwart would-be predators. (针对绑架案, 快速反应是很重要的, 以备受推崇的全国儿童绑架通报系统为例, 将会挽救生命以及挫败将要成为的罪犯)

18. ambulance chaser, an
追赶救护车律师. 鼓励车祸事故受害者打官司索取巨额赔偿的律师.
He is the much-derided ambulance chaser whose frivolous lawsuits drive doctors crazy. (他是个极受人轻视的追赶救护车律师, 他的无厘头诉讼案件把许多医生逼疯)

19. amen corner, an
教堂中由热忱信徒占用的角落. 狂热信徒的聚集地.
There are only two groups that are beating the drums for war in the Middle East - the Israeli Defense Ministry and its amen corner in the United States. (只有两个团体在鼓动中东地区的战争– 以色列国防部跟它在美国的狂热信徒)

20. Amen to that!
[成语句型]我衷心赞成!

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 83 访客