royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 36

帖子 royl » 周一 1月 31, 2011 11:34 am

二十笔实用成语 36

01. and quite as natural
定义: 极为自然; 栩栩如生.
例句: His sculptures seem to me to be as exquisite as the coming of spring, and quite as natural. (他的雕塑我看起来像春天来临般的精美, 而且栩栩如生)

02. and rightly so
定义: 而且是理所当然的, 而且是正当的.
例句: Clearly, border security has been the top domestic issue of the year, and rightly so. Securing our borders is an essential aspect of our national security. (显然, 边界安全一直是今年国内最重要的议题, 而且是正当的. 确保我们边界是我们国家安全重要的一部分)

03. and so forth
定义: 以及诸如此类, 等等, 其它不一赘述. (注: 与etc或et cetera同义)
例句: I like driving anything fast - motorbikes, speedboats and so forth. (我喜欢高速驾驶任何交通工具– 摩托车, 快艇, 等等)

04. and so on
例句: Put things where you will use them: sponges next to the sink, knives next to the cutting board, and so on. (把东西放在你要使用它们的地方: 海绵在水槽旁边, 菜刀在砧板旁边, 等等)

05. and so on and so forth
例句: Don't forget to pack weather items appropriate for the climate: sunscreen, rain gear, and so on and so forth. (别忘掉把跟天气相关的物品一起带着: 防晒油, 雨具, 以及诸如此类)

06. and stuff
例句: Faye, the hair stylist, was sitting in her hair stylist chair the other day opining about face lifts, boob jobs, tummy tucks and stuff. (菲, 这位发型师, 前几天还坐在她的发型椅子上发表有关拉皮手术, 隆乳手术, 腹部抽脂手术等等意见)

07. and such
定义: 以及类似这种事或物.
例句: You will find pens, pencils, markers, and such in the top drawer. (你可以在最上一层抽屉找到原珠笔, 铅笔, 记号笔, 等等)

08. and that
定义: 而那个(即刚才所提到的话题或想法); ...等等, ...等相似的事或物.
例句: She spends her money drinking, gambling, and that. (她把她的钱花在喝酒, 赌博, 等等上面)

09. and that's that
定义: 就这样了, 不必再多说了.
例句: You will be home by 10 pm, and that's that! (你一定会在晚上十点之前回到家, 就这样了!)

10. and the like
定义: 与此相似的..., 以及诸如此类, 等等. (注: 与etc或et cetera同义)
例句: In summer it is a well visited beach and packed with young people and the like. (在夏天, 这是个许多人来游玩的海滩, 挤满了年青人以及诸如此类的人群)

11. and then some
定义: 还有更多, 不止这些, 还不止如此.
例句: You can invest this money at a compounded interest rate, which means that your money can make you more money - and then some. (你可以投资你的钱在复利率上, 也就是你的钱可以赚进更多的钱, 不止这些)

12. and then what?
定义: 然后还有什么呢?
例句: You were saying something about teaching English in South Korea, and then what? (你刚才说一些有关于在南韩教英语的事情, 然后还有什么呢?)

13. and things like that
例句: There's just so much programming these days about things like the Mayan prophecy, and the prophecies of Nostradamus and things like that. (近来有太多有关玛雅人预言, 诺查丹玛斯预言以及诸如此类的节目)

14. And what would that be?
[成语句型]而那个又是什么呢?

15. and whatnot
定义: 以及诸如此类, 等等, 其它不一赘述. (注: 意指在列举出诸多项目时不能一一都提到只有在句尾加及等等项目)
例句: Feel free to ask me anything if you want. I hope you enjoy my sketches and whatnot as much as I do. (请随意询问任何你想要问的问题. 我希望您跟我一样地喜爱我的素描画, 等等)

16. and yet
定义: 然而, 但是, 奇怪的是. (注: 请参考And yet he did it against the odds)
例句: Why do you guys hate when girls play games, and yet you guys play game on us too? (为什么你们男人不喜欢女孩子使刁耍心计, 然而你们男人确喜欢对我们玩弄诈欺?)

17. And yet he did it against the odds.
[成语句型]奇怪的是他却反败为胜.

18. And you want me to believe that?
[成语句型]而你要我相信那事?

19. And you?
[餐厅用语](服务员问)那你呢? (先前已有人点过菜, 现在服务员问下一为客人)

20. And you?
[成语句型]你呢? (两人互相问候, 其中一人已回答后反问你好吗?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 67 访客