帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 37

帖子 royl » 周一 1月 31, 2011 4:54 pm

二十笔实用成语 37

01. And you?
[成语句型]你呢? (两人互相交换意见, 其中一人已回答后反问你的看法)

02. anecdotal evidence, an
定义: 传闻证据; 观察的证据. (注: 由偶然的观察或迹象而非严肃科学地分析取得的证据)
例句: As much as I loathe anecdotal evidence, I was taken aback by the sheer insanity of the retailers this week before Thanksgiving weekend. (尽管我很厌恶偶然的观察证据, 但是我看到了感恩节前一礼拜零售业的疯狂销售着实地令我吃了一惊)

03. anecdote vs. antidote
[易混淆字或片语]anecdote(名词)轶事, 趣闻; antidote(名词)解毒剂, 对付...的办法.

04. anemic as a Paris runway model, be (as)
定义: 贫血无力的. (注: 巴黎走秀的模特儿多为瘠瘦贫血的)
例句: You know your empire's crumbling when you weaken your currency until it looks as anemic as a Paris runway model, and you're still setting record trade deficits. (你知道你的帝国将要崩溃如果你把你的币值削弱到贫血无力, 你仍然会创下高记录的贸易赤字)

05. angel investor, an
定义: 天使投资人. 公司草创期间的投资人(贵人).
例句: The company never would have survived without the backing of its angel investors. (这家公司若是没有一群天使投资人的支撑, 它早就垮台了)

06. anger management therapy, the
定义: 控制愤怒情绪的心理治疗.
例句: Anger management therapy may be done in group sessions, often called anger management classes or one-on-one with a counselor or psychotherapist. (控制愤怒情绪的心理治疗可以经由集体对话, 经常称为愤怒控制课程, 或跟辅导人或心理治疗医师一对一的课程)

07. angry as a bear with a sore foot, be (as)
定义: 极为愤怒的, 怒气冲冲.
例句: The boys have hit each other and one of them seems to be as angry as a bear with a sore foot today, even to the point of violently attacking and biting one of his brothers. (这群小男孩互殴, 而其中一个小孩好像极为愤怒, 甚至暴戾地攻击和咬伤他一个兄弟)

08. angry as a bear, be (as)
定义: 极为愤怒的, 怒气冲冲.
例句: This morning, I literally woke up from a dead sleep, angry as a bear, because I felt a sharp pain coming from my toes. (今天早上, 我确实地从沉睡中醒来, 极为愤怒, 因为我感觉到脚趾头传来一阵剧痛)

09. angry as a cut snake, be (as)
定义: 像被砍伤的蛇一般的愤怒.
例句: In my very humble opinion...no, actually scrap that, there's nothing humble about my opinion on this matter, I am as angry as a cut snake. (依我愚见...不, 删掉它, 我对这件事的看法没什么愚见不愚见的, 我是非常愤怒的)

10. angry young man, a
定义: 愤怒青年(愤青). 不满社会或经济不公平的批评者. 二十世纪中叶英国对社会不公及不满的青年团体.
例句: So he really could have been an angry young man when he wrote it, or a formerly angry young and now middle-aged man who then felt he knew better. (所以其实他也许曾经是个愤青当他写下这首歌,或者过去是个愤青而现在是个中年人在此时意识到他更明白事理)

11. animadvert on, to
定义: 批判, 责难.
例句: Ask pundits across the entire media spectrum to animadvert on the Moral Sickness in Modern Society and you'd expect many forests of newsprint to perish. (要求媒体各界名嘴们批判现代社会中的道德弊病, 你将会预期许多造新闻纸的森林消失. 注: 意指会有许多名嘴大篇幅地发表他们对社会道德弊病的批判)

12. animal shelter, an
定义: (被离弃或被虐待)动物收容所.
例句: In order to adopt a pet from the Animal Shelter you need a Drivers License or photo ID and must be at least 18 years of age. (为了要在动物收容所领养一个宠物, 你需要一个驾照或带照片的身分证以及必须是十八岁以上的年龄)

13. ankle-biter, an
定义: 一个小孩; [金融术语]小市值公司. (注:股值低于五亿美元的公司)
例句: The partner shared a story about one of our competitors calling Aerohive, an “ankle biter”, while trying to recruit our partner away from us. (这位股东告诉我一件有关一家名称为Aerohive的我们竞争对手, 一家小市值公司, 正试图抢走我们一位股东)

14. Annual General Meeting (AGM), the
定义: 年会.
例句: My sister attended the AGM of the condominium owners last night. (我姊妹昨晚出席了共管式公寓屋主的年会)

15. another ball game
定义: 另一码事; 另一个新情势; 旧的事务已成过去.
例句: Now that we have a new manager, it's another ball game. (由于我们有了一位新经理, 这将是另一个新情势)

16. another county heard from
定义: 突然杀出个程咬金. 一个料想不到的人出现或发表讲话.
例句: Jane's cousin from California decided to contest the will—another county heard from. (珍的住加州的表兄弟决定对这个遗嘱提出异议—又一位突然杀出的程咬金)

17. another day, another dollar
定义: 和往常一样枯燥无味工作, 做一天和尚撞一天钟.
例句: Often you will hear people sigh, "Another day another dollar" and usually you tend to not take much notice of it but have you ever wondered if this job is really boring? (你经常听人叹气说, "做一天和尚撞一天钟", 大部分的时候你不会把它当回事, 但你是否曾经想过你的工作真是这么枯燥吗?)

18. another day, another pay
定义: 和往常一样枯燥无味工作, 做一天和尚撞一天钟.
例句: It's another day, another pay. Nothing new, nothing earth shattering here. (和往常一样枯燥无味. 一切照旧, 没啥惊天动地的事发生)

19. another factor comes into play, be
定义: 又一个因素介入, 开始起作用.
例句: There is a good chance that the temperature will be the same as the day before, unless another factor comes into play. (除了一个新因素介入, 气温很可能跟前一天一样)

20. another kettle of fish, be
定义: 完全是另外一回事.
例句: I'd driven an automatic for years but learning to handle a car with manual gears was another kettle of fish altogether. (我已经开了自动变速汽车许多年, 但学习操作手排档变速的汽车完全是另外一回事)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 15 访客