请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 39

帖子 royl » 周五 2月 04, 2011 11:34 am

二十笔实用成语 39

01. anxious vs. eager [易混淆字或片语]anxious(形容词)焦虑的, (急迫地)渴望的; eager(形容词)热心的, 渴望的. (注: 请注意anxious是基于其名词焦虑, anxiety, 所产生的急迫感)

02. any day
定义: 任何一天, 随时会来的一天, 快要来的一天.
例句: It doesn't matter when; any day is fine with me. (什么时候都无所谓, 哪一天对我都行)

03. any day now
定义: 随时会来的一天, 快要来的一天.
例句: After a long, long wait, the new hybrid car should be available any day now. (经过漫长的等待之后, 这款新的油电混合车应该快要可以买得到)

04. any day of the week
定义: 随时待命或乐意(去工作); 随时随地都可以胜任(工作)或胜出(比赛).
例句: My kid can beat yours in a free throw match any day of the week. (我小孩随时都可以在罚球比赛里击败你小孩. 注: 这句话有些斗气的味道)

05. Any day will do.
[成语句型]哪一天都行.

06. Any fool can see ...
[成语句型]任何人都可以看得出来...

07. Any friend of yours is a friend of mine.
[成语句型]你的朋友就是我的朋友. (注: 意指你信赖的朋友我也当朋友般的信赖)

08. any good, be
定义: 有任何的用途或助益.
例句: I ordered one a few days ago. It hasn't arrived yet. Is it any good for gaming? (几天前, 我订购了一个. 它还没送来. 它可不可以胜任电脑游戏呢?)

09. any longer
定义: 更久地, 仍然地, 仍旧地.
例句: They simply may not be relevant any longer. Discover your own core values. (只不过它们对我们来说已经无关紧要了. 你要发掘你自己的核心价值)

10. Any messages for me?
[成语句型](刚从外面回来)有我的留言吗?

11. any moment
定义: 随时, (可能发生在)任何时候.
例句: According to a North Korean diplomat, the situation is so serious at the Korean-peninsula that a war may break out at any moment. (根据北韩外交官所称, 朝鲜半岛的情况非常严峻, 战争可能随时会爆发)

12. any number of
定义: 许多, 没特定的数目.
例句: We're pioneering new technologies and offering new solutions for mobile services that help people all over the globe to do any number of tasks on their phone. (我们正在开拓新科技并提供新方案给移动电话服务来帮助全球民众利用他们的电话达成众多的任务)

13. any old ... (noun名词)
定义: (加强语气用的)随便一个, 不管哪一个. (注: any old time = any time)
例句: This isn't any old burger, Joan and I bought some thick sirloin patties from our local supermarket, these burgers looked way too good to pass up. (这可不是普通的汉堡, 琼和我从本地超市买了一些厚实的牛腰肉饼, 这些汉堡看起来太好吃, 不可错过)

14. any old how
定义: 马马虎虎地, 随随便便地; 总之, 无论如何, 不管怎样.
例句: One day my boss told me to paint two armchairs, and as I had never painted, I just slapped on the paint any old how, and they looked awful. (有一天, 我的老板要我油漆两把椅子, 因为我从来没刷过油漆, 总之我只是随便把油漆抹在椅子上, 它们看起来糟透了)

15. any port in a storm
定义: 避风不择港, 任何办法都好.
例句: I don't like staying with my brother, but I have no choice until the builders have finished working on my apartment or any port in a storm. (我真不愿意暂时住在我哥哥家, 但在建筑商把我的公寓造好或找到任何办法之前, 我毫无选择)

16. any precipitous action
定义: 任何贸然行动.
例句: Lincoln was well aware that any precipitous action on his part might cause the border states of Kentucky and Maryland to secede, and thus he approached the issue of emancipation cautiously. (林肯当时非常清楚任何他采取的贸然行动将会造成边界的肯德基州和马利兰州脱离联邦, 因此他谨慎地处理解放黑奴的议题)

17. any respectable human being would ...
定义: 任何有尊严的人都会... (注: respectable˙在这是有尊严的, 得体的)
例句: If she'd done as any respectable human being would have done, she'd have thrown him in the car without hesitation and floored it to the hospital. (如果当初她做出任何有尊严的人都会做的事情的话, 她就应该毫不犹豫地把他推进车子里赶紧加速地开到医院)

18. any second now
定义: 随时, 马上, 立即.
例句: It will be coming back any second now. We all know only too well; no one needs to be reminded. (它将随时会再回来. 我们都清楚得很; 没有人还需要别人提醒)

19. Any takers?
[成语句型]有人接受吗? 有人愿意赌吗? 有人接受挑战吗?

20. any time now
定义: 近期内, 不久的未来, 随时都有可能地.
例句: If at any time now or in the future, you elect to cancel your subscription of our alert, you can unsubscribe at any time by texting a 'STOP' to us. (如果你近期内或在未来, 你选择要撤销你订阅我们警讯报告的话, 你可以随时都可以发个'停止'的简讯给我们撤销订阅)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 48 访客