royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 40

帖子 royl » 周五 2月 04, 2011 8:12 pm

二十笔实用成语 40

01. any time soon
定义: 近期内, 不久的未来, 随时都有可能地.
例句: I don't see this happening any time soon, probably a few more years down the road unless Intel and AMD make peace and bury the hatchet. (我看不出这件事会在近期内发生, 也许会在未来几年内发生, 除非因特尔跟AMD和解及捐弃前嫌)

02. Any time you want.
[成语句型]随时都可.

03. Any time.
[客气语](当人致谢时, 你可回答)随时都乐意, 别客气.

04. any Tom, Dick or Harry
定义: 任何人, 任何张三李四, 阿狗阿猫.
例句: I don't like the idea of just any Tom Dick or Harry in a Homeland Security polo shirt knocking on my door and demanding entrance to my home. (我不喜欢这个坏主意, 随便一个身穿着印有国土安全马球衫的阿狗阿猫都可以敲我的门并要求进入我家)

05. any way you look at it
定义: 不管哪个方式来看, 无论如何, 不管怎么说.
例句: The payback is far better than a paycheck any way you look at it. (不管哪个方式来看, 投资回收远比薪水支票要好多了)

06. any way you slice it
定义: 不管哪个方式来看, 无论如何, 不管怎么说.
例句: But any way you slice it, Americans have killed more innocent people during the 21st century than Muslim terrorists. (但是不管怎么说, 在二十一世纪里, 美国人要比回教恐怖份子屠杀更多的无辜人民)

07. any which way
定义: 以任何方式, 随便, 漠不关心, 不在乎.
例句: Nokia phones can be held any which way you like. (诺基亚电话你爱怎么拿着都可以)

08. Any word?
[成语句型]有消息吗? 有何回应? 有何留言?

09. any-and-all bid, an
定义: [股市术语]所有出价. 投标买入特定价格出售所有股份.
例句: Any-and-all bids are commonly used by companies attempting takeovers. The acquiring company will place an order to buy any stock being offered for a set duration or up to a set quantity. (所有出价一般适用于试图收购的公司. 收购公司可以在预定期间内或数量内购买任何被出售的股票)

10. Anybody home?
[成语句型]有人在家吗? 你在听我说话吗? (注: 有时你正在说话但听话者心不在焉时你会提醒他的话)

11. anybody's game, it's
定义: 任何人都有可能赢. (注: 1. 因为竞赛中没有显著的领先者, 2. 因为这是一个新开始的比赛所以机会均等)
例句: 2011 Miss America contestant Miss Florida says she faces some stiff competition and says, "It's anybody's game." (参选二零一一年美国小姐的佛罗里达州小姐说她面临着激烈竞争, 她又说, “这次选美任何人都有可能赢”)

12. anybody's guess/anyone's guess, it's
定义: 谁也说不准, 任何人都可能猜得到或猜不到. (注: 因为没人知道事实真相或答案)
例句: How he came up with the figure is anybody's guess at this point, but it's certainly a first in the television world. (他是怎么算出这个数字在这一点上谁也说不准, 但这肯定是电视界的第一次)

13. anyhow
定义: 反正, 不管怎样, 无论如何.
例句: It's OK if we don't go to the movie. I'm not that interested in seeing it anyhow. (我们可以不必去看电影. 反正我根本就不想看这个电影)

14. Anyone can fall.
[成语句型]任何人都会犯错.

15. Anyone care to take a guess?
[成语句型]有人愿意猜猜看?

16. anyone worth their salt
定义: 任何有能力的人.
例句: A Human Resources manager told her supervisor that she had not hired a new administrative assistant because she had not interviewed anyone worth their salt. (一个人力资源部门经理告诉她的上司, 她一直没有录用新的行政助理因为她还没面谈到任何有能力的人)

17. anything but
定义: 适得其反, 一点都不, 决不; 除...之外都可以.
例句: My mother used to say that wearing neutrals makes you blend in with the walls, but this spring they seem to be doing anything but. (我母亲以前常说穿着中性服装使你不受人注目, 但是今年春天这些衣着却适得其反. 注: 这里的blend in with the walls原意为: 跟墙壁色调协调, 也就是不受人注目)

18. Anything else?
[成语句型]还要别的吗?

19. anything goes
定义: 任何事情都会发生, 怎么样都好, 百无禁忌, 随便啦.
例句: If personal feelings are allowed to trump logic, if myth is elevated to the same status as science—then anything goes. (如果理性思考被个人的感觉所凌驾, 如果荒诞不经的神话被提升到科学的地位—则任何事情都会发生)

20. Anything I can do for you?
[成语句型]我可以为你做些什么吗?

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 16 访客